2023-2024 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ugh still nothing, guessing i have to wait another week RIPPPP

Sameeee I’m still at 6 bars too :/ hopefully we hear something next week. Manifesting an A for both of us!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone else keep getting emails to attend PCOM South Georgia open house?

Members don't see this ad :)
hoping for a status change tomorrow! interviewed 10/18!
Good luck! I think the longest I've heard it taking for anyone post-interview so far has been about 3 weeks, so there's a good chance you'll hear back this week.

Members don't see this ad :)
for people who have been accepted:
- is there an accepted students groupchat?
- theoretically, is my spot held until december 14th?

for people who have been accepted:
- is there an accepted students groupchat?
- theoretically, is my spot held until december 14th?
Yes if you're accepted, you have until Dec 14 to pay the deposit!

There has been no group chat yet, but since the class size is starting to grow, I started a GroupMe if anyone wants to join:
You're invited to join my group "PCOM GA Class of 2028" on GroupMe. Use this link to join: GroupMe

My portal changed, but no decision yet. Interviewed on 11/8.

are we supposed to receive something in the mail if we get accepted? i was accepted (11/10) and still haven't seen anything in my mailbox from them

are we supposed to receive something in the mail if we get accepted? i was accepted (11/10) and still haven't seen anything in my mailbox from them
They haven't sent anything for me since 10/13, so I don't think they send any kind of acceptance package unfortunately

Hey,

From my own experience along with others having similar experiences, your PCOM app portal may reach 7 bars on Thursdays. That happened around 3 PM ET for me last week. If that happens, you can expect to hear back the next day on Friday.
My portal reached 7 bars yesterday but I did not receive an update today. Hopefully thats ok

does anyone know when scholarships are going to be offered? I was looking back at old threads and some people received scholarship offers with their acceptance letter. i already got the A, filled out the scholarship profile in MYPCOM, and nothing. anyone have info on this? i know the FAFSA opens this month, so I obviously haven’t filled this out yet.

Just making sure we don't have to do criminal background check before 12/14 right? I can't find how to complete it. I paid $250 deposit and completed the technical standards already.

Forgot to post sooner, but I withdrew last week. Hope my spot goes to one of you!

Just making sure we don't have to do criminal background check before 12/14 right? I can't find how to complete it. I paid $250 deposit and completed the technical standards already.
First, congrats on the acceptance! I remember reading in one of the emails that the admissions office will send instructions on completing the background check in the spring.

Anyone get the email about MHQ packet, vaccine records, laboratory reports and tuberculosis screening? Where can we access the forms?

its on the getting started page under "What Do I Need to do before Matriculation?" and under your specific campus
So far, thats only for students starting in Fall 2023, right? I'm assuming that for those starting in Fall 2024, the page will be updated latter?

So far, thats only for students starting in Fall 2023, right? I'm assuming that for those starting in Fall 2024, the page will be updated latter?
I thought it is for us, for Fall 2024

I thought it is for us, for Fall 2024
That's the part I am confused about. It says the "information [is] for students starting in the Summer 2023 and Fall 2023 terms", which is why I think it is not for those starting in Fall 2024. I could be wrong tho. :/

Anyone get the email about MHQ packet, vaccine records, laboratory reports and tuberculosis screening? Where can we access the forms?
Btw, where was this email sent? Your private email or PCOM email? I don't see any. :unsure:

I got it in my gmail that I need to do the MHQ packet and stuff 8 weeks following the acceptance letter. That would make it due Dec 21 for me. But I see it does say in the portal "information [is] for students starting in the Summer 2023 and Fall 2023 terms" but idk if they just forgot to change it or what.

What are the laboratory reports for? like a blood test?

Friends, I just spoke with PCOM's admission team. The only two things needed to confirm our seat, today, are the deposit and technical form. The background check will be sent out in the spring. Finally, the Health Questionnaire (with the health and vaccine histories) should be submitted by April.

The information on the "Get Started" page is outdated and applies to those starting in Fall 2023. For those starting in Fall 2024, the information will be updated later.

I hope that clears up any confusion for anyone. I was confused!

Reactions: 1 users
Friends, I just spoke with PCOM's admission team. The only two things needed to confirm our seat, today, are the deposit and technical form. The background check will be sent out in the spring. Finally, the Health Questionnaire (with the health and vaccine histories) should be submitted by April.

The information on the "Get Started" page is outdated and applies to those starting in Fall 2023. For those starting in Fall 2024, the information will be updated later.

I hope that clears up any confusion for anyone. I was confused!
Did you call them? Because I emailed them and they responded saying something else

My acceptance letter said the deposit isn’t due until 12/17. Did it say it was due today for you guys?

My acceptance letter said the deposit isn’t due until 12/17. Did it say it was due today for you guys?
It's due today for anyone accepted before November 15, after that it varies for everyone

Did you call them? Because I emailed them and they responded saying something else
Yes, I called first to admissions, then I called the student health number (the one provided within the PCOM health questionnaire tab). What did they tell you via email?

Yes, I called first to admissions, then I called the student health number (the one provided within the PCOM health questionnaire tab). What did they tell you via email?
They said it is due 8 weeks from my acceptance letter so that would be 12/21 but I asked and they granted an extension for me to 1/15

Are they still sending II's?

Are they still sending II's?
i think all schools will send out another wave of II since deposits for schools were just due for the people who received early IIs. at least i hope, we had to narrow it down to 1 school so