2023-2024 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any II this week? I wonder if they have January interview dates yet

Members don't see this ad.

+1 WL. Interviewed 11/04. In state. Does anyone know if WL movement actually is that late into May?? I got the same email saying that.
i know someone who is a first year now and she heard back from the waitlist in late may, so if it is the same as last year :/ yeah

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an A from the waitlist! Will be turning it down, but best of luck to all of you!!

Reactions: 1 users
A from the waitlist yesterday! Is there a group for accepted students going yet? I'm a low GPA reapplicant so I still can't believe this is real life 😭

Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear back/waitlisted!

My interview experience today felt more like an interrogation than conversational. The questions were standard questions you would get, but they also asked questions related to my application and a few ethical scenarios. I felt like I got a stressful vibe during the interview and the interview day.

Reactions: 1 user
A from the waitlist yesterday! Is there a group for accepted students going yet? I'm a low GPA reapplicant so I still can't believe this is real life 😭

Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear back/waitlisted!
wait im confused i thought they said WL movement is in may? should I email saying I'm still interested in this school I got WL last week but figured I should wait for info in May

would you or anyone who got off the WL be willing to share their interview date/WL date/A date?
I was interviewed on 11/8 I and waitlisted about a week ago, A today! I didn’t email them.

Also anyone know if there is an admitted students chat?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was interviewed on 11/8 I and waitlisted about a week ago, A today! I didn’t email them.

Also anyone know if there is an admitted students chat?
oh interesting ok thanks! so weird since the email says may, but gives me hope ill hear from them again before that! thanks! congrats!!

oh interesting ok thanks! so weird since the email says may, but gives me hope ill hear from them again before that! thanks! congrats!!
Definitely possible to hear back earlier! I know a current student that reached out a week after being waitlisted and was admitted same day. Best of luck!

Last edited:
  • Care
Ok I'm so excited to talk with ya'll so I went ahead and made a group me for admitted students but someone let me know if I'm breaking any rules by starting it! Click below to join. :)

Sure! Interviewed 11/8, waitlisted 11/21, A 12/6
lol got off the waitlist today! Thanks for the good energy!!! for anyone's reference- interviewed 11/27, waitlisted 12/6, A 12/13

lol got off the waitlist today! Thanks for the good energy!!! for anyone's reference- interviewed 11/27, waitlisted 12/6, A 12/13
When I got waitlisted at the middletown campus, they said they don't start moving people off until May. It's nice that Harlem has earlier movement

Interviewed 11/6, Waitlist 12/6, A 12/8. I was confused by that May email as well. I assume movement continues up until May but really ramps up in May like probs a huge wave.

🤩 OOS II for Harlem Campus!! Ties to NYC & LM 64 Complete 11/15!!! Soonest I could schedule was January

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
interviewed a week ago and got the WL email yesterday rip. hopefully it'll turn into an A.

does touro take update letters? completed in august and haven’t heard anything.

Interviewed 11/6, Waitlist 12/6, A 12/8. I was confused by that May email as well. I assume movement continues up until May but really ramps up in May like probs a huge wave.
Current OMS-1. There was a huge WL movement for our year. I know people who were even accepted off the waitlist as school was starting. However, this most definitely will vary from year to year.

Current OMS-1. There was a huge WL movement for our year. I know people who were even accepted off the waitlist as school was starting. However, this most definitely will vary from year to year.
how r the vibes at touro harlem

how r the vibes at touro harlem
Was told in my interview session it is pretty chill/collaborative and reached out to another Touro NY student who said it is collaborative (study resources are shared between all campuses). I am still curious to hear from any other current Touro student though?

Was told in my interview session it is pretty chill/collaborative and reached out to another Touro NY student who said it is collaborative (study resources are shared between all campuses). I am still curious to hear from any other current Touro student though?
Vibes are amazing and much better at TouroCOM than at other schools from what I have heard. Not much to "collaborate" on really but people form study groups or study alone, it's purely based on how you learn best. I used to think studying in groups was the only way I could learn, but I do 90% of my studying alone now.
Resources are somewhat collaborative and are indeed shared amongst campuses. All 3 campuses take the same exams but the way the content is delivered varies between each professor per campus. The support system from faculty and peers seems to be incredible and a huge advantage of the school.
I believe (don't take my word for it) the teaching system will be changing next year to block system for first years in 2024 which will have its pros and cons but is in line with most medical schools.

Vibes are amazing and much better at TouroCOM than at other schools from what I have heard. Not much to "collaborate" on really but people form study groups or study alone, it's purely based on how you learn best. I used to think studying in groups was the only way I could learn, but I do 90% of my studying alone now.
Resources are somewhat collaborative and are indeed shared amongst campuses. All 3 campuses take the same exams but the way the content is delivered varies between each professor per campus. The support system from faculty and peers seems to be incredible and a huge advantage of the school.
I believe (don't take my word for it) the teaching system will be changing next year to block system for first years in 2024 which will have its pros and cons but is in line with most medical schools.
Awesome I also heard about this from the student and the potential curriculum change. How is the campus/area itself?

Awesome I also heard about this from the student and the potential curriculum change. How is the campus/area itself?
Harlem has its pros and cons. A lot of students live in the area with no issues. However, it is not known to be the safest area, that's also just NYC. Be smart and you will be fine. I will note that it is nice to see the school enriched in a community that appreciates the support so that is a positive. Not too sure how the campus compares to other schools but I do have mixed feelings. Regardless, my negatives are negligible and should not make or break your decision to come to the school. In short, I would absolutely choose this school again if given the choice.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Harlem has its pros and cons. A lot of students live in the area with no issues. However, it is not known to be the safest area, that's also just NYC. Be smart and you will be fine. I will note that it is nice to see the school enriched in a community that appreciates the support so that is a positive. Not too sure how the campus compares to other schools but I do have mixed feelings. Regardless, my negatives are negligible and should not make or break your decision to come to the school. In short, I would absolutely choose this school again if given the choice.
would love to speak more to you or a classmate to connect with someone at the school especially about the curriculum (M1/2) and rotation sites (M3/4s would be great but I understand hard to know them if they're away) ! trying to make my decision

OOS A a few hours ago!! Interviewed 12/11!

anyone else get an email about switching preference to the Montana campus for an interview?

anyone else get an email about switching preference to the Montana campus for an interview?
I got one. Debating on taking it or sticking with my current preference. I wonder if anyone got the email, stuck to their preference, and got an interview at the other locations they wanted.

I got one. Debating on taking it or sticking with my current preference. I wonder if anyone got the email, stuck to their preference, and got an interview at the other locations they wanted.
I'm also debating. the email sounded like they weren't offering any more interviews at the NY campus though. No idea what the latest date we can respond is.

I'm also debating. the email sounded like they weren't offering any more interviews at the NY campus though. No idea what the latest date we can respond is.
same. I was wondering if that it meant they were done with interviews then

• Sad
same. I was wondering if that it meant they were done with interviews then
I doubt theyre done sending out interviews. I just thought they were saying well since not everyone will get an interview from harlem here’s an alternative offer if you still want to be affiliated with touro

Reactions: 2 users
OMS-1 here! Last year I interviewed in Jan, got WL in Feb, and accepted at the the end of May, so don’t give up hope! I know how stressful the wait can be… If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me!

I just received an II, so I think they are still sending them out

Is there an accepted student gc either through GroupMe or Facebook?

OMS-3 here. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far. Hoping for the best for everyone who are still waiting or on the WL. If anybody has questions, I can try answering some of them.

OMS-3 here. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far. Hoping for the best for everyone who are still waiting or on the WL. If anybody has questions, I can try answering some of them.
General question... what are some of your favorite things about going to touro harlem?

Would you also be to speak on the quality of clinical rotations?

Hey everyone another OMS3 here at Harlem. Congratulations to everyone! Open as well to answer to any questions you may have about Touro or just medical school in general!