2023-2024 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today! LM 66 OOS

Members don't see this ad.

How long did it take to receive the complete email for you guys? Reaching the 1 month mark for me. IS LM 71. I only got the secondary app submitted notification lol.

How long did it take to receive the complete email for you guys? Reaching the 1 month mark for me. IS LM 71. I only got the secondary app submitted notification lol.
a month and 9 days for me

Members don't see this ad :)
IS II yesterday! LM 62, complete 8/28. FWIW I received the COMPASS invite also a few weeks ago.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
How was the interview to those who have had it? I have an upcoming one in November. Anyone have any tips/insight into how they felt about the school?

How was the interview to those who have had it? I have an upcoming one in November. Anyone have any tips/insight into how they felt about the school?
pretty standard questions, some ethical scenarios. I suggest checking the sdn question pool

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone not received an interview yet? 506 MCAT and 3.97 GPA
received my secondary on 7/24 and submitted 8/1 and received notice that my app was complete on 9/6.
should i be worried?

Last edited:
Got an II invite today!!! 506 MCAT 3.77 GPA
Application complete on 9/13

Reactions: 2 users
Got the A today. Interviewed 2 weeks ago

Reactions: 1 user
Got an II yesterday morning! also attended the COMPASS event last week, MCAT 504 undergrad GPA 3.72 graduate gpa 3.89, app complete 6/28

II invite today!! OOS from NJ with very close ties to NYC :)

II now (my first one ever as a reapplicant). 510 MCAT and 3.3x gpa with 3.8 post bacc. Confused and shaky since they JUST received my secondary like two days ago but it’s well received LOL.

• Care
Is there an accepted student Facebook page or Group me? If so can anyone send me the link please.

I got an A a couple of days ago! I would love to join a group me as well...

Anyone send in a deposit I have a couple of questions.

This is an appeal to applicants who had to take Casper for admission to TouroCOM (all campuses, please confirm).

Complete the 2023 Situational Judgment Test Experience survey.

HPSA/SDN has the 2023 SJT Experience Survey available to anyone preparing for SJTs (especially Casper and PREview). If you completed the 2022 survey, you are welcome to go ahead and complete the survey again. This survey consists of multiple pages and will take up to 10 minutes. You can also place yourself on a waitlist for a study focusing more on school-run SJTs run through platforms like Kira Talent, to be released later in the year.

Your feedback matters!
We learned a lot about how applicants prepared for Casper and PREview last year, but the number of PREview schools has almost doubled this cycle! Over 20% of all AMCAS applicants will likely have taken PREview, and up to 90% of all medical school applicants will likely have taken Casper this cycle (according to Acuity Insights). This does not include applicants in non-medical professions who have had to take these assessments for admission to physician assistant, anesthesiology assistant, dental, veterinary, pharmacy, or physical therapy programs, where we see a trend that applicants with higher Casper results are preferred. Medical residency applicants are also being asked to complete Acuity Insights Assessments, and very little is known about how program directors use these data. Your responses are vital to get objective insights on how admissions committees value the results of these exams.

Your feedback matters!
We want to hear from as many people as possible, especially those attending or applying outside of medicine (MD/DO). This year saw an expansion of SJTs in admissions, and more information has been made available on preparing for these assessments. We want to stay current with these trends to guide future applicants and students facing these SJTs.

Many of our findings from the 2022 survey align with the NAAHP Testing Task Force report released last summer. This includes concerns about proctoring, consistency of scoring, and concern that applicants are paying for validity research. But we need more student voices to gain a louder voice to advocate for future health professional school applicants.

Your feedback has helped HPSA develop a workshop focused on preparing for SJTs like Casper and PREview. This workshop is part of our Becoming a Student Doctor preparation course, and we have already had some positive results among those who have participated in our mock interview workshops. An updated workshop will be presented at the UC Davis Prehealth Conference on October 14, and we welcome opportunities to present the full-length SJT workshop to your campus!

Fill out this survey and help future applicants become physicians in their chosen profession!

can anyone who interviewed give insight into the admissions presentation day prior to the interview day? Did students have cameras on? did it seem more casual or more of a pre-interview?

can anyone who interviewed give insight into the admissions presentation day prior to the interview day? Did students have cameras on? did it seem more casual or more of a pre-interview?
It was really chill. Quick recap: presentation by admin, then Q&A session with multiple deans, then Q&A session with a student, then a presentation and Q&A session with the OMM director. All the students had their cameras on and the faculty were very nice were very open to questions and comments. i don’t think it was a pre-interview, it was very casual and you didn’t have talk if you didn’t want to except for when we were asked to introduce ourselves.

Just finished my interview today, lasted about 30 mins and it was straight to the point and not very conversational. I mostly just got asked questions directly and got to ask questions. It was quick and now I'm wondering if that's bad? After I finished asking my questions they just said it was nice to meet me and I logged off. Now I'm left wondering if I missed something. Anybody have insight on how their interview went?

for those who have interviewed, when did you get your zoom link for interviewing? its far past 5pm and my interview is noon-ish tomorrow and I haven't gotten a link yet?

for those who have interviewed, when did you get your zoom link for interviewing? its far past 5pm and my interview is noon-ish tomorrow and I haven't gotten a link yet?

I got mine at around 10 P.M. the night before. And it ended up being the wrong link and sent me the correct one two hours before my interview.

Hi. For those that didn't submit Duet/Casper for Touro Harlem, did you receive a "TouroCOM Welcome" email after submitting your primary app w/o Casper/Duet? I only received an email about my missing Duet/Casper score.

The email said:

"Since you are scheduled to take the Casper exam on ****, we wanted to remind you that Duet results are required and you have not taken the Duet assessment yet. Therefore, please go to https://acuityinsights.app/ and take the Duet assessment ASAP (it only takes about 15 minutes).

Once both Casper and Duet scores are received, we will further evaluate your application for eligibility to receive a secondary application invitation."

Did anyone get this email? I'm wondering if it was automated or sent to everyone who didn't submit Casper/Duet. Plz lmk! Ty!
I didn't receive that message. But also, I'm confused what your question is bc it looks like your application is incomplete; did you already complete the necessary casper/duet component?

Does anyone have tips for interviewing here? This is my second cycle and only II so I’m tryna not ruin my entire life

Does anyone have tips for interviewing here? This is my second cycle and only II so I’m tryna not ruin my entire life

It was generalized without any crazy questions. Started right off with the tell us about you, why medicine, why DO, why us, type of stuff. Brought up a question about my application that wasn’t clear, so they evidently read it a bit beforehand. Know about the social determinants of health since that’s their big focus.

Know your goals in medicine - where you’d like to practice, what field, who you want to help, and why. Tie it into your past experiences, clinical or not.

They asked about low hours in one area which I justified but then brought up improvements I’ve continued to make since applying, ie. New shadowing, volunteering, clinical hours, etc.

Overall it was laid back, not conversational necessarily but they showed emotion, said they were impressed with certain components of my app but questioned others. Have questions ready for the end because we left with extra time that I couldn’t fill. Overall I left with a far better impression of the school than I expected and really had a great time with the interview.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I didn't receive that message. But also, I'm confused what your question is bc it looks like your application is incomplete; did you already complete the necessary casper/duet component?
I had submitted my AACOMAS app before doing my Casper/Duet. But already did now and checked that my scores were finally received. Did you have your duet/casper already done by the time of your aacomas submission? Also r u an applicant for this cycle?

I had submitted my AACOMAS app before doing my Casper/Duet. But already did now and checked that my scores were finally received. Did you have your duet/casper already done by the time of your aacomas submission? Also r u an applicant for this cycle?
Yes and yes. I never received an email about Casper or Duet. Just an email confirming payment to submit my secondary, then one month later an email confirming secondary submission.

Yes and yes. I never received an email about Casper or Duet. Just an email confirming payment to submit my secondary, then one month later an email confirming secondary submission.
Oh ok! What month did you submit your secondary?

IS complete on 10/19 my MCAT and GPA are in the scope of the school, live in NYC, 5000+ clinical hours as an EMT and working with DOs in a sports med office, and a strong DO LOR. Dead silence, Am I screwed?

waitlisted 11/29, interviewed 11/15

• Care
Interviewed 11/27 waitlisted today :/ no WL movement till May RIP

• Care
+1 WL. Interviewed 11/04. In state. Does anyone know if WL movement actually is that late into May?? I got the same email saying that.