You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Columbia (Vagelos)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1184116
second this ^Is it generally not recommended to send a LOI before waitlist opens up? Should I write an update letter instead
alehernan017
Full Member
Did people get the “although it’s too soon to tell, we’ll keep your application strongly in mind” email by Dr. Ehlert? I’m wondering if this is like a highly ranked email like Mayo? Or maybe I’m just delulu, which is probably the case 😅
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you interview? Was there any context to that email?Did people get the “although it’s too soon to tell, we’ll keep your application strongly in mind” email by Dr. Ehlert? I’m wondering if this is like a highly ranked email like Mayo? Or maybe I’m just delulu, which is probably the case 😅
CharismaticTypist
Full Member
Yes, seems like a lot of us got itI got an email thanking me for my kind note, stating they enjoyed welcoming me on my interview day, and assuring me that the Admissions Committee will keep me strongly in mind even though it's too soon to know how things will go this year.
ravioliravioli
Full Member
Sorry to disappoint, but that's the auto response that they send when you upload thank you letters to the portal.Did people get the “although it’s too soon to tell, we’ll keep your application strongly in mind” email by Dr. Ehlert? I’m wondering if this is like a highly ranked email like Mayo? Or maybe I’m just delulu, which is probably the case 😅
D
deleted1194639
Wait when was this sent? Was this in response to a thank-you note or just automatic?Did people get the “although it’s too soon to tell, we’ll keep your application strongly in mind” email by Dr. Ehlert? I’m wondering if this is like a highly ranked email like Mayo? Or maybe I’m just delulu, which is probably the case 😅
I didn't get anything like that when I uploaded thank you letters.Sorry to disappoint, but that's the auto response that they send when you upload thank you letters to the portal.
alehernan017
Full Member
That’s what I thought 😂 but yeah this was after I submitted the thank you notes earlier today!Sorry to disappoint, but that's the auto response that they send when you upload thank you letters to the portal.
alehernan017
Full Member
I interviewed Wednesday, sent thank you notes today (was so busy with school these past few days so I submitted them a bit later)When did you interview? Was there any context to that email?
Huh, that does sound kind of automatic. I wonder if I uploaded the letters wrong.I interviewed Wednesday, sent thank you notes today (was so busy with school these past few days so I submitted them a bit later)
D
deleted1184116
oof I never got a reply when I uploaded my thank you letters - did yall use the applicant update tab on the portal?
alehernan017
Full Member
Yeah I used the applicant tab, I didn’t email them the thank you lettersoof I never got a reply when I uploaded my thank you letters - did yall use the applicant update tab on the portal?
scientistabc
Full Member
I don’t think the email from Dr. Ehlert is exactly automated. I got it a week after my interview, but I do think everyone should get it
Sillygoose06
Full Member
is more than one post interview update too much? not sure since we are coming up on decision time
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
popcornpup
New Member
No idea what’s going on with my replies, but the last day of interviews was the end of Jan, FYI!
Last edited:
No idea what’s going on with my replies, but the last day of interviews was the end of Jan, FYI!
rip columbia for me lol
D
deleted1194639
Does columbia accept post-II updates?
D
deleted1194639
How do you know this out of curiosity?No idea what’s going on with my replies, but the last day of interviews was the end of Jan, FYI!
Are we supposed to get an acknowledgement email after uploading post-II updates to the portal?
I genuinely have no idea so take this with a grain of salt but my perspective is that it never hurts to at least thank the rep for their effort in reaching out even if you don't have questions!sorry I know this convo was from a while ago^ but do you think they're expecting a response to that email if we don't have any questions at this point? Think most of mine were answered in the student Q&A
We thinking MSTP releasing decisions this week?
findingdorymed
Full Member
Yea I’d guess tomorrowWe thinking MSTP releasing decisions this week?
mellohi
Full Member
I got oneAre we supposed to get an acknowledgement email after uploading post-II updates to the portal?
averagepremed0101
MD Class of 2029
+1I got one
lycheejelly
New Member
for MSTP, do we think tomorrow based on past years' trend of feb 14?
CharismaticTypist
Full Member
Three hours for meHow long did it take to get an acknowledgement email after uploading post-II updates to the portal?
The past two or three cycles have been on Feb 14th so maybe....for MSTP, do we think tomorrow based on past years' trend of feb 14?
ahappyapple
Full Member
I have it on good authority that Patrice (one of the MSTP directors) likes sending out decisions on Valentine's Day - so look out in your emails tomorrow 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1184116
could you tell Patrice that the MDs want a valentine's present tooI have it on good authority that Patrice (one of the MSTP directors) likes sending out decisions on Valentine's Day - so look out in your emails tomorrow 😉
Should I be worried if I didn't received a confirmation about my update? I sent one yesterday at 11 am.Three hours for me
amateurs140
Full Member
Nope! Mine took a few days.Should I be worried if I didn't received a confirmation about my update? I sent one yesterday at 11 am.
Any MSTP decisions yet?
wantedmd10
Full Member
Absolutely love ur username lmaooooAny MSTP decisions yet?
findingdorymed
Full Member
Where’s our valentine’s day gift mr apple 😩I have it on good authority that Patrice (one of the MSTP directors) likes sending out decisions on Valentine's Day - so look out in your emails tomorrow 😉
ahappyapple
Full Member
I have heard from the grapevine that admissions decisions have been made, but that the final go-ahead from someone higher up to actually send out decision notifications has not been made yet. Sorry for the bait 🙏. I promise we still love you ❤️.
amateurs140
Full Member
FOR REALLLL... one of the worst things during this app. cycle for me has been days where I think I am gonna hear something (even like a rejection) but instead it's just radio silence 😭😭😭Where’s our valentine’s day gift mr apple 😩
amateurs140
Full Member
I still love you though happy appleI have heard from the grapevine that admissions decisions have been made, but that the final go-ahead from someone higher up to actually send out decision notifications has not been made yet. Sorry for the bait 🙏. I promise we still love you ❤️.
Do you think we will still hear back today?I have heard from the grapevine that admissions decisions have been made, but that the final go-ahead from someone higher up to actually send out decision notifications has not been made yet. Sorry for the bait 🙏. I promise we still love you ❤️.
ahappyapple
Full Member
Unlikely. I'd speculate that there is a decent chance that the release gets pushed back to the beginning of March with the rest of the MD class.Do you think we will still hear back today?
lycheejelly
New Member
is this delay something we should be concerned about ? like nyu 2.0?I have heard from the grapevine that admissions decisions have been made, but that the final go-ahead from someone higher up to actually send out decision notifications has not been made yet. Sorry for the bait 🙏. I promise we still love you ❤️.
ahappyapple
Full Member
We (students) have been told multiple times that nothing will change and that the MSTP expects no change in the target matriculating class size.
bowtie3
New Member
Hi! I'm just wondering, if admissions decisions have already been made and the MSTP is not expecting to make any cuts, why are decisions being withheld? I'm assuming the uncertainties with the NIH etc. are playing a role in the delay. If that is the case, what change are they waiting for to ultimately release decisions?We (students) have been told multiple times that nothing will change and that the MSTP expects no change in the target matriculating class size.
The fact that they have made decisions but are not releasing them makes me worry that either the MSTP or administrators higher up are considering making cuts in the class size.
(Not to make this about the MDs but when do we think those are coming out so sorry MSTPs)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CharismaticTypist
Full Member
Yeah probably Mar 3. The past two cycles have been Feb 28–Mar 1. MSAR says the earliest decisions come out is Mar 3, so I assume it’ll be then.Probably March 3, the first business day of March
goldenretriever25
Full Member
Hey! I wanted to ask if you anyone knew if the committee was still interviewing? I had called to ask but they said my they are still processing applications and to send interest letters, but I am not sure if it’s appropriate to do that if they are done sending interviews. Plus, I have not seen any new interviews invites on here or admit.org 😭
they are done interviewing. SorryHey! I wanted to ask if you anyone knew if the committee was still interviewing? I had called to ask but they said my they are still processing applications and to send interest letters, but I am not sure if it’s appropriate to do that if they are done sending interviews. Plus, I have not seen any new interviews invites on here or admit.org 😭
goldenretriever25
Full Member
Thanks so much! The clarity I needed! They are dead wrong for dragging me on for weeks when I asked lolthey are done interviewing. Sorry