-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Columbia (Vagelos)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does anyone know how to determine if you are a Group A or Group B interviewee? Do they send that information out on the day before the interview or something?
they send your schedule the day before the interview via email
are we supposed to email them and tell them what our preference is?
In my interview confirmation email it said to email them (it specified who) your preference for interview group. But it’s not guaranteed to get what you request.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II just now 😵
Anyone know if I’m interviewing for a waitlist?
Anyone know if I’m interviewing for a waitlist?
congrats! when are htey scheduling to?II just now 😵
Anyone know if I’m interviewing for a waitlist?
3 dates available, last of which was Jan 28th. Email said that they add interview dates periodically so they may still be going.congrats! when are htey scheduling to?
Nope!Congrats! Did you send an update letter?
D
deleted1184116
+1 OOS II!
Non-rolling admissions. Definitely interviewing for an acceptanceII just now 😵
Anyone know if I’m interviewing for a waitlist?
Probably safe to assume that's not a thing since its not rollingshould we assume we're "lower" in their priority pile with this late an invite? trying to decide how much to get my hopes up!
meticulousex36
Full Member
i said ~that to my mom last week & she said “they’re saving the best for last” so probably that’s right bc my mom is famously ~never~ wrong
findingdorymed
Full Member
Did they ever say when they’d release MSTP decisions? Idr if they said it during my interview day
I'd assume on the same day as MD on March 3rdDid they ever say when they’d release MSTP decisions? Idr if they said it during my interview day
Did anyone else get an email after they submitted thank you notes?? I wanna know if this thing was personalized or if I just got a copy paste bad boy haha
Yes! I got that email and was super excited. Sadly, I think it is just a copy-paste situation 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What did yours say??Yes! I got that email and was super excited. Sadly, I think it is just a copy-paste situation 🙁
CharismaticTypist
Full Member
I got an email thanking me for my kind note, stating they enjoyed welcoming me on my interview day, and assuring me that the Admissions Committee will keep me strongly in mind even though it's too soon to know how things will go this year.Did anyone else get an email after they submitted thank you notes?? I wanna know if this thing was personalized or if I just got a copy paste bad boy haha
el classico, got the sameI got an email thanking me for my kind note, stating they enjoyed welcoming me on my interview day, and assuring me that the Admissions Committee will keep me strongly in mind even though it's too soon to know how things will go this year.
scientistabc
Full Member
is the portal not loading for anyone else?
amateurs140
Full Member
In response to an email I sent after my Oct. MSTP interview they mentioned decisions being made in late Jan, Early Feb. This aligns with cycletrack data from last year. Always seems to be earlier for MSTP.I'd assume on the same day as MD on March 3rd
TheDoctorMcDreamy
New Member
COLUMBIA PLS SEND ME AN II
Maybe I'm missing something on the portal but how many interviews are conducted on interview day? Traditional 2 (Student + faculty) interview day?
scientistabc
Full Member
2, both facultyMaybe I'm missing something on the portal but how many interviews are conducted on interview day? Traditional 2 (Student + faculty) interview day?
One of them may also be a student depending on availability! I had one student and one faculty2, both faculty
Last day I saw when I scheduled was Jan 28th.When is the last day of interviews?
Chickenpotpiesoup
Full Member
Wait how do u know it’s the third?I'd assume on the same day as MD on March 3rd
alehernan017
Full Member
+1 OOS II (1/22 @ 1:00pm EST)
Thank you God for this chance 🙏
Thank you God for this chance 🙏
medicalpursuit99
New Member
+1 OOS II. Secondary submitted 7/17
D
deleted1180326
+1 OOS II (1/22 @ 1:00pm EST)
Thank you God for this chance 🙏
wow, congrats!! when r they scheduling for if you dont mind me asking?+1 OOS II. Secondary submitted 7/17
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1184116
does anyone have any tips/reflections for the interview? I'm so so nervous
TheQuibblerClinician
Full Member
lol guys I sent a letter of interest 1/13. And because I know that interviews wrap up this month, I just sent another one as a final HI PLEASE TAKE ME EVEN THO MY MACT SCORE IS NOT AT UR CALIBER (worded way better then that tho) . i have nothing to lose so why not
amateurs140
Full Member
I sent a letter of continued interest last week and got a response today confirming they received it. Separately, I got an email from the MSTP essentially shading NYU for their MSTP mess and saying that Columbia is still committed to physician-scientists. 😭
Decaying_Isotope
Full Member
Same except my ECs aren't to their caliber lollol guys I sent a letter of interest 1/13. And because I know that interviews wrap up this month, I just sent another one as a final HI PLEASE TAKE ME EVEN THO MY MACT SCORE IS NOT AT UR CALIBER (worded way better then that tho) . i have nothing to lose so why not
TheGOOD_MD_slimreaper
Full Member
Manifesting an II here. Who with me?
i'm with you!Manifesting an II here. Who with me?
superexcitedyay
Full Member
me too!!!Manifesting an II here. Who with me?
me too!!!
same
Yes, they haven't send them to you or me yet.Are they still sending out interviews?
TheGOOD_MD_slimreaper
Full Member
Watch out for II's around 4 pm, EST today
Watch out for II's around 4 pm, EST today
Why do you say that?
TheGOOD_MD_slimreaper
Full Member
manifesting for us who haven't heard back yet. i think it might be over after this week thoughWhy do you say that?
manifesting for us who haven't heard back yet. i think it might be over after this week though
Oh shoot, yeah best of luck to us
they always sound mad nice when confirming the receipt of updates lmao don't read into ityo why did columbia send me a confirmation for getting my second update but not my first? and the emails acknowledges it was about a manuscript?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Watch out for II's around 4 pm, EST today
where's my interview kid
TheGOOD_MD_slimreaper
Full Member
keep an eye out from today till Friday
affirmativewe think they’re gonna send II today??
I have zero evidence, only vibes
dayoneofmedicine
Full Member
we are all just here for vibes