You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Columbia (Vagelos)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
alhazenmanawi
Full Member
+1 pre-II R
D
deleted1197021
Pre II R 😤
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
brainrottt
Full Member
lol it was pretty bad wasn’t it
It was so passive aggressivepre-ii R - while this was totally expected, the email for this was the crappiest phrased rejection email I have ever read lmao
CarbFan
Full Member
“The Committee on Admissions regrets to inform you that we will not be able to act favorably on your application for admission to our next entering class.
This letter most emphatically does not mean that the Committee regards you as unsuited to the practice of medicine or even that it feels you could not meet the demands of our curriculum. It is the result primarily of having thousands of well-qualified applicants and having limited places in our next entering class.
We wish you well in your future medical career.”
This letter most emphatically does not mean that the Committee regards you as unsuited to the practice of medicine or even that it feels you could not meet the demands of our curriculum. It is the result primarily of having thousands of well-qualified applicants and having limited places in our next entering class.
We wish you well in your future medical career.”
averagepremed0101
MD Class of 2029
pre-II R complete august
Pre-II! 🥳
+1 pre-ii R 🙈
All at once 😁Pre II What??? R? A? Full Scholarship??
curlydoctor
Full Member
+1
Tibial.Tuberosity
Full Member
+1
medDawgbruh
Full Member
+[emoji23[emoji[emoji6[emoji640]2][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640]2][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640]1]]]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dominoes1207
Full Member
+1 pre-II R
Decaying_Isotope
Full Member
+1 pre-II R, these people need to work on the phrasing of their rejection letters. It's not hard to avoid paragraph long run-on sentences lol
Post II R mstp
MSTP A - email
alehernan017
Full Member
Congrats 🎊🎉MSTP A - email
wantedmd10
Full Member
🐐🐐🐐🐐MSTP A - email
ended our situationship at 9:51 am EST today
ahappyapple
Full Member
Congrats! See you in AprilMSTP A - email
findingdorymed
Full Member
MSTP A (getting an email and not a call was scary)
doctornugget
Full Member
+1 pre-II R - they finally got me ☠️
D
deleted1185824
+1 pre ii R
amateurs140
Full Member
MSTP A!
marmaladetoast
Full Member
pre-II R oos! knew it was coming but still stings 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
doggydog210
Full Member
Pre-II R
bowtie3
New Member
Hi happy apple, I got an MSTP WL today, and I have a couple questions. I’ve seen on reddit that columbia sends ~40 offers out to the 90 ish interviewees. Did all of those offers go out today, or does that number include people who end up getting in off the waitlist? Also, if you know, how much MSTP waitlist movement is there usually?Congrats! See you in April
ahappyapple
Full Member
I have been told that (usually) around 40 offers are sent out initially with a target class size of 14-15.Hi happy apple, I got an MSTP WL today, and I have a couple questions. I’ve seen on reddit that columbia sends ~40 offers out to the 90 ish interviewees. Did all of those offers go out today, or does that number include people who end up getting in off the waitlist? Also, if you know, how much MSTP waitlist movement is there usually?
However, I have heard that this year (unconfirmed officially), around 30 offers were sent out to reduce the chance that the class size gets too big (since NYU isn't taking anyone this year) with the intention of sending "more" offers to the waitlist to fill the class than usual, if needed.
I've got no idea what the waitlist movement will look like this year (with NYU/NIH funding shenanigans factoring in). Last year, there were no admits off the WL.
redfish-bluefish
Full Member
Did anyone who applied PhD to MD get an II? I got a pre-II R but am brutally curious 😭
olliebollie
New Member
I finished my app on 7/21 and got an II back in October. Fwiw the admin/interviewers seemed to imply that they gave very few IIs for PhD to MDDid anyone who applied PhD to MD get an II? I got a pre-II R but am brutally curious 😭
redfish-bluefish
Full Member
thank you so much!! good luck 🤞I finished my app on 7/21 and got an II back in October. Fwiw the admin/interviewers seemed to imply that they gave very few IIs for PhD to MD
olliebollie
New Member
no problem! and thank you - i hope the cycle turns out well for you otherwise!thank you so much!! good luck 🤞
It sure would be nice if Columbia was feeling generous and released their MD admissions decisions this week 🥰
CharismaticTypist
Full Member
I wish too but according to MSAR, the earliest decision date is Mar 3.It sure would be nice if Columbia was feeling generous and released their MD admissions decisions this week 🥰
MSAR is historically off on this stuff, Yale says Mar 3 as well but released their decisions last weekI wish too but according to MSAR, the earliest decision date is Mar 3.
^this is exactly why I think we're going to get decisions this week. Yale released a week earlier than MSAR AND previous years' trends'. Columbia could be any day now (which is scaryyyyy)MSAR is historically off on this stuff, Yale says Mar 3 as well but released their decisions last week
CharismaticTypist
Full Member
Oh that’s so scary I didn’t know that schools sent them before the earliest date 😅 probably Friday then? Last two years have been Feb 28–Mar 1.
TheGOOD_MD_slimreaper
Full Member
I think all the Ivys will come out by the end of this week
I'm going to hold you to this <3I think all the Ivys will come out by the end of this week
TheGOOD_MD_slimreaper
Full Member
LOOLL...I have insider information.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dayoneofmedicine
Full Member
Does this apply to Penn? Feel like that's unlikely given historical trendsI think all the Ivys will come out by the end of this week
wantedmd10
Full Member
Do you actually lmao?LOOLL...I have insider information.
if you're lying we shall put you in the shame box 📦LOOLL...I have insider information.
including Harvard?I think all the Ivys will come out by the end of this week