2024-2025 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone have error page not complete on the Personal Info. tab As I filled out every single box and still saying not complete as trying to send my secondaries now.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I am getting an MPH degree during my gap year, should I mention what school I am getting it from or just say I am getting an MPH. (I am getting it online from GWU)

Really dumb question but the "former names" from the personal info tab is just referring to people who have had name changes, right? Also are we required to put in our SSN?

Georgetown says that Only applicants who have been away from degree-granting institutions for greater than three (3) years may elect to submit entirely non-academic recommendation letters. Do you think it is ok if I submitted a letter from a past employer?

Georgetown says that Only applicants who have been away from degree-granting institutions for greater than three (3) years may elect to submit entirely non-academic recommendation letters. Do you think it is ok if I submitted a letter from a past employer?
I'm assuming you aren't out of school for more than three years? I think its fine if some are from past employers. It says "entirely non-academic" so just make sure to have some academic ones.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm assuming you aren't out of school for more than three years? I think its fine if some are from past employers. It says "entirely non-academic" so just make sure to have some academic ones.
Yes I am still an undergrad. I was not sure if their wording meant I could not have a non-academic letter or if all of the letters could not be non-academic.

Yes I am still an undergrad. I was not sure it their wording meant I could not have a non-academic letter or if all of the letters could not be non-academic.
Per their website: "You may use your discretion when selecting letter-writers, however, it is recommended that you submit a balance of academic, clinical, and service recommendation letters."

OOS II, complete 7/2, LM ~75-77!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
OOS II!, complete 6/30, ORM trad, LM 74.8

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviews are open except for scores.

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations! What was the first available interview date? and do they show future options? Thank you.

OOS II today at 12:54PM EST. LM 76 complete 7/4

• Love
Do you think they are giving II out based on date of completion?

Is it unlikely we receive an interview if they are past our date?
No, the interview cycle runs til March. You can get an interview at any moment. Usually the earlier interviews are the highest priority applicants.

Reactions: 3 users
For those of y'all getting IIs, is your status changing in the portal or are you just getting the email? Congrats on the invites!!

Is this listed somewhere? Last year's thread seems to say interviews are closed except for name and pronouns. Or does it depend on the interviewer?
Personal experience. I’m a recent GUSOM grad and interviewed applicants as a MS4.

hey yall! kind of a dumb question and definitely overthinking this but just wanted to ask for my peace of mind. The II email says "You must schedule your interview within two weeks from this invitation; after two weeks, your application will be withdrawn." Does that mean we just have to just pick any available date within two weeks or does the actual date of the interview have to be within two weeks?

Last edited:
hey yall! kind of a dumb question and definitely overthinking this but just wanted to ask for my piece of mind. The II email says "You must schedule your interview within two weeks from this invitation; after two weeks, your application will be withdrawn." Does that mean we just have to just pick any available date within two weeks or does the actual date of the interview have to be within two weeks?
Just need to schedule it within two weeks, not attend the interview within two weeks

Personal experience. I’m a recent GUSOM grad and interviewed applicants as a MS4.
Hey! I just scheduled my interview at GUSOM and am pretty stoked to have a shot at going there. Though I am concerned with the cost of living. Based on the current cost of attendance minus the tuition and fees, it looks like there would be about 36k/year to live off of. Would you mind speaking to how you or your classmates make that work in the DC area?

Hey! I just scheduled my interview at GUSOM and am pretty stoked to have a shot at going there. Though I am concerned with the cost of living. Based on the current cost of attendance minus the tuition and fees, it looks like there would be about 36k/year to live off of. Would you mind speaking to how you or your classmates make that work in the DC area?
I know this wasn’t a question for me but as a person who is familiar with the area I’d suggest not living in the city. Places such as Arlington, and Alexandria VA are surrounding areas and are just a couple metro stops away. You can also cut the cost by having 1-2 roommates and don’t eat out too often.

^^ also not a georgetown med student but just a dc local, depending on how far you're willing to commute there's some spots near the less busy areas of dc that are much cheaper. i know someone who's renting a studio in the navy yard area for around 1k per month which isn't that bad.

four roommates

• Wow
It's definitely doable. A lot of people live with housemates so they only pay ~$1k/month. There are a lot of houses within walking distance to GUSOM that rent single rooms. Personally, I lived with a partner in one of the Virginia suburbs, which are a little cheaper and can be accessible via Metro. Most of the didactics are optional to attend in-person since they are recorded, so you don't need to be on campus daily.

Have there been any IIs sent out for people confirmed on 7/6 or 7/7? I was complete 7/7 and have been refreshing my email neurotically

submitted 7/7 and got an II, LM 81

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
To those that received an II how did you schedule an interview date? I see the interview questionnaire but can only see a time to select not a date

To those that received an II how did you schedule an interview date? I see the interview questionnaire but can only see a time to select not a date
You do that first, and then it shows up. Not sure why it works that way but I was stuck on the same for a while haha