You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Hackensack Meridian
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
What’s the turn around time for decisions after an interview right now? Has anyone interviewed in the past month and heard back?
wayshegoes
Full Member
Someone had an early February interview and heard back within 2-3 weeks. I had mine about 10 days after theirs, so I an hopeful I will hear this coming week. I do not expect it will be that fast though.What’s the turn around time for decisions after an interview right now? Has anyone interviewed in the past month and heard back?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ladybugturtle
New Member
anyone hear back that did the admissions day zoom on 2/18?
If it's helpful, last cycle my II date was 2/6, I was 3/8, A was 4/15. It seemes lots of classmates found out in April, regardless of interview time.
Kirbythe2nd
Full Member
Just got the email reminding us of the in person tours - I’m currently on the waitlist - do we think this is relevant to show interest or not worth it? I’m OOS
Mr.Pinecone
Full Member
I know somewhere earlier in the thread someone mentioned waitlist movement, but how many do we think will get off it?
docdocknockknock
Full Member
Is anyone sill has not received any R or II and your application status is still under review? Doesn't look like they are sending II anymore.
D
deleted1193601
anyone from a late january interview group get a decision yet??
OOS WL (interviewed 2/4)
ladybugturtle
New Member
When was your interview ?+1 IS WL after interviewing in Feb 🙁
wayshegoes
Full Member
OOS WL. Interviewed mid Feb.
D
deleted1193601
any of you WL folks have a second interview?
wayshegoes
Full Member
Not I. I did ask about them when I was called to schedule the initial interview, and I was told it’s more of a fluke when a required question is missed by an interviewer. My interviewer turned out to be my favorite of the whole cycle so far.any of you WL folks have a second interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1193601
omg thank you that makes me feel a lot better about my second interview!!! my first one didn't ask any of the hard hitting questions (why us, why medicine, etc) and was entirely situational, so maybe that's why I got a second oneNot I. I did ask about them when I was called to schedule the initial interview, and I was told it’s more of a fluke when a required question is missed by an interviewer. My interviewer turned out to be my favorite of the whole cycle so far.
wayshegoes
Full Member
See my guy ended up really liking specific parts of my application and had to add the situational questions in as a last “oh yeah before I forget…” I still don’t think I got much of “why us” or “why medicine” equivalents though. I’ve come to realize most schools don’t seem to ask those, especially if already covered in secondaries. Yet I prepare every time regardless. Not sure if you still have to do your second, but good luck. Prepare the same way and be ready for a different attitude/approach by them as some have mentioned.omg thank you that makes me feel a lot better about my second interview!!! my first one didn't ask any of the hard hitting questions (why us, why medicine, etc) and was entirely situational, so maybe that's why I got a second one
D
deleted1193601
i already did it mid feb haha just waiting but tysm!!!See my guy ended up really liking specific parts of my application and had to add the situational questions in as a last “oh yeah before I forget…” I still don’t think I got much of “why us” or “why medicine” equivalents though. I’ve come to realize most schools don’t seem to ask those, especially if already covered in secondaries. Yet I prepare every time regardless. Not sure if you still have to do your second, but good luck. Prepare the same way and be ready for a different attitude/approach by them as some have mentioned.
Last edited by a moderator:
wayshegoes
Full Member
Excellent! Good luck with the decision. Should be soon hopefully.i already did it mid feb haha just waiting but tysm!!!
Do you guys know if they are finished with their interview invites?
BiggieCheese08
New Member
When I emailed they said they’d start sending them out “early March.” I haven’t gotten anything yet though.Anyone know when financial information should be coming out?
ladybugturtle
New Member
Anyone hear back that interviewed mid February?
nopeAnyone hear back that interviewed mid February?
same, I haven't heard anything either.When I emailed they said they’d start sending them out “early March.” I haven’t gotten anything yet though.
D
deleted1193601
had first interview late jan, second interview early/mid February and still haven't heard anything eitherAnyone hear back that interviewed mid February?
Same here.Just got fin aid email too, zero scholarship for me in the offer. I never got a scholarship offer with my acceptance though.
BiggieCheese08
New Member
I got mine todayAnyone know when financial information should be coming out?
Same for me, probably just a mistakeDid anyone else who got a scholarship offer not see it reflected in the summary cuz now I'm a little worried lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does HMSOM historically have good WL movement? sorry if this has been discussed before
In previous year threads there was a lot of movement because ppl reject due to the high cost of the school, good chance there will be this year 🙂does HMSOM historically have good WL movement? sorry if this has been discussed before
Yeah they confirmed that they're adding the scholarships now. It should be updated by Mon/Tues next week, if not they told me to email themMine is reflected but there are some typos in the numbers. Might want to call them and ask
I doubt it would be available that quickly. Check their website though or maybe email them asking for a copy of the information when they have it.Anyone know where to find detailed info for the match today?
ShoelessJJ
New Member
Got the A on 3/14. II on 1/22, interview on 2/10. I sent a letter of intent on 3/7 iirc. Edit: I'm OOSAnyone hear back that interviewed mid February?
Congrats! May I ask what interested you here that made you send a letter of intent? I don’t much about the school.Got the A on 3/14. II on 1/22, interview on 2/10. I sent a letter of intent on 3/7 iirc. Edit: I'm OOS
ShoelessJJ
New Member
3+1 year program (I'm fairly interested in getting an MBA), location (I know a few people w/in 40 min drive), Admissions Day vibe (social, bright, and driven), longitudinal emergency medicine during rotations (I've currently got my sights on EM). Only major cons for me personally were cost and mandatory lectures. One or two more personal reasons as well.Congrats! May I ask what interested you here that made you send a letter of intent? I don’t much about the school.
ladybugturtle
New Member
Did you send your letter of intent via email to admissions or on the portal?Got the A on 3/14. II on 1/22, interview on 2/10. I sent a letter of intent on 3/7 iirc. Edit: I'm OOS
ladybugturtle
New Member
Did you send your letter of intent via email to admissions or on the portal?Got the A on 3/14. II on 1/22, interview on 2/10. I sent a letter of intent on 3/7 iirc. Edit: I'm OOS
D
deleted1193601
OOS WL, 1st interview 01/24 and 2nd interview 02/12 - felt both went well!
IrishGiants
Full Member
IS WL late Jan interview
wayshegoes
Full Member
Interviewed Feb 13 and had WL decision March 13.Has anyone with a mid-Feb interview heard anything? I feel like it’s been super quiet….
MsLeafpool
Full Member
has anyone also not heard anything since submitting their secondaries? no r, no hold, no nothing...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1204523
Does anyone know when waitlist movement begins/when it usually ends for this school?
ladybugturtle
New Member
any recent acceptances?
called the school they said "its already begun" and that it ends in July. I tried to ask when the most significant movement happens and the person who answered didnt seem to know and just said again that movement has already started.Does anyone know when waitlist movement begins/when it usually ends for this school
official_ artyom
Full Member
Interviewed week of Feb 10 and still nothing for me
Interviewed week of Feb 23rd and nothing either..Interviewed week of Feb 10 and still nothing for me