You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Hackensack Meridian
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Kermit Enthusiast
New Member
Hey all, another accepted student here. Just made an account to ask, does anyone know if there’s a discord or group chat for always accepted students? Just wanna make connections w people and make friends before we all eat, live, breathe books 😛
Edit: I’ve seen the previous WhatsApp post, link seems to be broken 🙁
Edit: I’ve seen the previous WhatsApp post, link seems to be broken 🙁
Last edited:
scrubadubdub23
Full Member
Hey all, another accepted student here. Just made an account to ask, does anyone know if there’s a discord or group chat for always accepted students? Just wanna make connections w people and make friends before we all eat, live, breathe books 😛
Edit: I’ve seen the previous WhatsApp post, link seems to be broken 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my daughter got a call first.hello! have they been calling people on WL to offer acceptances? or emailing?
Invictus1080
Full Member
nope
BigDawg101
Full Member
+1 Pre-II Ghost (Secondary Submitted Mid-August)
+1 I called admissions and by the grace of God they said they are still interviewing until July…it ain’t over till it’s over 😭+1 Pre-II Ghost (Secondary Submitted Mid-August)
HelpMeAhhHelp
Full Member
Ain’t no way. So why have people on the waitlist if you’re still looking to interview?+1 I called admissions and by the grace of God they said they are still interviewing until July…it ain’t over till it’s over 😭
No clue bro, if anything logically they should clean the waitlist before continuing to interview. Then again idt anyone really knows what goes on behind closed doors 😕Ain’t no way. So why have people on the waitlist if you’re still looking to interview?
HelpMeAhhHelp
Full Member
Yeah, how can you look for new people when you have a list of people on the side, literally to fill gaps in the upcoming class? I think ADCOMs have lost sight of what a waitlist truly means; it's now just a soft R and feels like getting a participation trophy.No clue bro, if anything logically they should clean the waitlist before continuing to interview. Then again idt anyone really knows what goes on behind closed doors 😕
BigDawg101
Full Member
How many people are in the GroupMe?
240How many people are in the GroupMe?
Do they verify who enters the chat? Cuz the invite link is posted on here and I’m assuming people who aren’t admitted would enter it
no, they do not…meaning anyone can enter/exit..if people were verified it would be password/code protectedDo they verify who enters the chat? Cuz the invite link is posted on here and I’m assuming people who aren’t admitted would enter it
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They’re interviewing people for the waitlist probably. Late interviews are unlikely to be at the top of their waitlist. It’s still pretty worrisome when there’s a bunch of people on the waitlist (I’m on the waitlist 😐).so is waitlist movement basically hopeless at this point? since they've started interviewing people again
DewDropNine
Full Member
They’re interviewing people for the waitlist probably. Late interviews are unlikely to be at the top of their waitlist. It’s still pretty worrisome when there’s a bunch of people on the waitlist (I’m on the waitlist [emoji52]).
agreed
if I get into my in-state DO im debating just giving up on this school for my peace of mind lol
DewDropNine
Full Member
any WL movement this week?
Probably gonna be a wave next week. June 2 is their CTE deadline. They’re gonna have a concrete view on how many more seats they need to fill. I’m assuming, I have no idea obviously. Maybe someone else can chime in if this makes logical senseany WL movement this week?
This makes sense, and gives me some hopeProbably gonna be a wave next week. June 2 is their CTE deadline. They’re gonna have a concrete view on how many more seats they need to fill. I’m assuming, I have no idea obviously. Maybe someone else can chime in if this makes logical sense
scrubadubdub23
Full Member
I’d say another is unlikely to help. They received and read ur pasts ones so they might just be actually annoyed by another. But I’m not an adcom, that’s just what I think.Is there any benefit to writing a continued letter of interest if I have no real updates? Already sent 2 update letters and 2 LOIs
yummycookie<3
New Member
OOS A this morning yay!! 😀so grateful and excited🙂
wayshegoes
Full Member
Congrats!!!OOS A this morning yay!! 😀so grateful and excited🙂
yummycookie<3
New Member
thanks man! 🙂 yayayayCongrats!!!
Last edited:
okieokie
New Member
OMG Congrats! Did you get a call?OOS A this morning yay!! 😀so grateful and excited🙂
huge congrats! you must be so psyched! so in order to help me manifest an A along with you did you get a call or an email? and wondering if they gave you a timeframe to accept or decline? thanks for any infoOOS A this morning yay!! 😀so grateful and excited🙂
yummycookie<3
New Member
thank you!! yeah i got a callOMG Congrats! Did you get a call?
yummycookie<3
New Member
thanks! sorry just realized i never hit post lol, i got a call at 11:25 EST and an email at 12:26 P.M. EST, I have a week to accept or decline so until June 4thhuge congrats! you must be so psyched! so in order to help me manifest an A along with you did you get a call or an email? and wondering if they gave you a timeframe to accept or decline? thanks for any info
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yummycookie<3
New Member
huge congrats! you must be so psyched! so in order to help me manifest an A along with you did you get a call or an email? and wondering if they gave you a timeframe to accept or decline? thanks for any info
MsLeafpool
Full Member
pre-II OOS R finally 😂
HelpMeAhhHelp
Full Member
I hope so and my hope is causing me to think so. But logically yes this would make sense.Does the fact that the CTE deadline is tomorrow mean anything for us on the waitlist?
tiraratirara
New Member
Do you guys know how strict the literature requirement is?
signpostpony
New Member
A off the WL! WL in November. Call and then email
wayshegoes
Full Member
HUGE! So happy for you!!A off the WL! WL in November. Call and then email
speedyredcarxo1234
Full Member
How does the waitlist work? Does it go in “order” of when you were put on the list? Or is it more random than that?
Huge Congrats to you!!!A off the WL! WL in November. Call and then email
scrubadubdub23
Full Member
Random. Someone just got accepted from a November WL.How does the waitlist work? Does it go in “order” of when you were put on the list? Or is it more random than that?
scrubadubdub23
Full Member
If ur still waiting on an acceptance it is in ur best interest to already be submitting the next cycle application. Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised with a call, but it’s June and this school starts in one month… Their class has to b nearly full.
speedyredcarxo1234
Full Member
Hoping that this is not true- hopefully people dropped off due to the CTE date. Last year they were accepting off the waitlist through the end of June - nothing we can do except remain positive!If ur still waiting on an acceptance it is in ur best interest to already be submitting the next cycle application. Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised with a call, but it’s June and this school starts in one month… Their class has to b nearly full.
scrubadubdub23
Full Member
There should definitely be some acceptances. But the vast majority of WL A’s have probably already went out.Hoping that this is not true- hopefully people dropped off due to the CTE date. Last year they were accepting off the waitlist through the end of June - nothing we can do except remain positive!
In 2023, they accepted 540 people after interviewing like 660. you can check out the HMSOM Databook. Their yield rate is low. There’s no reason to believe that’s changed. Plus the groupme is probably at like 270
scrubadubdub23
Full Member
Groupmes from last few years are 280ish if u click on them.In 2023, they accepted 540 people after interviewing like 660. you can check out the HMSOM Databook. Their yield rate is low. There’s no reason to believe that’s changed. Plus the groupme is probably at like 270
speedyredcarxo1234
Full Member
Sounds like they accept a lot of students - but the students don’t choose HMSOM.In 2023, they accepted 540 people after interviewing like 660. you can check out the HMSOM Databook. Their yield rate is low. There’s no reason to believe that’s changed. Plus the groupme is probably at like 270
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
youngdumbandbroke
Full Member
I would imagine that as they’ve become more established and have released a couple of impressive match lists, their yield has likely increased.In 2023, they accepted 540 people after interviewing like 660. you can check out the HMSOM Databook. Their yield rate is low. There’s no reason to believe that’s changed. Plus the groupme is probably at like 270
KingKiller21
Full Member
If you want the most up-to-date data, they interviewed 756 last cycle, accepted 459, and 164 matriculated. The yield was around 36%, which is fairly typical for a mid-tier private school, I would say.
I guess technically if the GroupMe is at around 270, we can estimate that there’s probably ~300 total admissions offers. This would means they need to give out ~100-140 more offers this cycle. I don’t know though, maybe someone else can chime in if this doesn’t logically track.If you want the most up-to-date data, they interviewed 756 last cycle, accepted 459, and 164 matriculated. The yield was around 36%, which is fairly typical for a mid-tier private school, I would say.
That’s good, means they have to send out more offers 🤞There’s people who have acceptances who aren’t in the group me. The group me doesn’t represent the entire pool of acceptances. Also some people in the group me might be people who aren’t accepted that are just trying to join and see what people are talking about etc.
narwhal9103
New Member
I guess technically if the GroupMe is at around 270, we can estimate that there’s probably ~300 total admissions offers. This would means they need to give out ~100-140 more offers this cycle. I don’t know though, maybe someone else can chime in if this doesn’t logically track.
I don’t want to erase all hope but saying there will be 100-140 more offers in post-CTE June is kind of wild. Logically there should be very minimal movement past the CTE date.