You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Howard
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
lowkey obsessively checking this thread waiting to see the same lolWhat are the chances we will see movement on Day 1 post-CTE?
thebiglightt
Full Member
I am a rising M2 at Howard. Feel free to ask or DM me any questions.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same 😣lowkey obsessively checking this thread waiting to see the same lol
soontobemed_
Full Member
what was it before? and I believe this happened last year but it was extended much laterhoward extended their cte deadline to may 12th bc of a delay with financial aid packages
may 1stwhat was it before? and I believe this happened last year but it was extended much later
Thanks for the info. Where did they announce this?howard extended their cte deadline to may 12th bc of a delay with financial aid packages
Prehealth - R
Full Member
So we should expect little movement early May you think?It looks like last year, even with the new deadline, there was a little movement still in early May. Goodluck everyone!
Honestly, not sure. From what I saw in last years thread they moved the CTE back and some people were still accepted from WL before the new CTE dateSo we should expect little movement early May you think?
Prehealth - R
Full Member
Also thought that Howard changed their commit to enroll date to June 12th or so if I'm correctHonestly, not sure. From what I saw in last years thread they moved the CTE back and some people were still accepted from WL before the new CTE date
soontobemed_
Full Member
I thought I saw something along the lines of this a minute ago but it’d be nice for an accepted applicant to verify the deets of it 🥲Also thought that Howard changed their commit to enroll date to June 12th or so if I'm correct
NeverGiveUp199
Full Member
Haven’t been caught up with this thread, but can we say our chance of even getting an interview by now is slim? This is one of the last two schools I’ve applied to that I haven’t heard back for an interview. I did get a response for an update later I sent in march a month later, stating they got it and that my application is under considerations, but that they are ‘waning down admissions’. Not sure what that means.
Really having an existential crises after getting rejected from Charles R. Drew, which is my only MD interview for this cycle. Cycle has been chewing me apart.
Really having an existential crises after getting rejected from Charles R. Drew, which is my only MD interview for this cycle. Cycle has been chewing me apart.
It means you're not rejected yet. I checked the Facebook group earlier today, and there was no significant movement as of right now.Haven’t been caught up with this thread, but can we say our chance of even getting an interview by now is slim? This is one of the last two schools I’ve applied to that I haven’t heard back for an interview. I did get a response for an update later I sent in march a month later, stating they got it and that my application is under considerations, but that they are ‘waning down admissions’. Not sure what that means.
Really having an existential crises after getting rejected from Charles R. Drew, which is my only MD interview for this cycle. Cycle has been chewing me apart.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still no II or R yet, being in this limbo is such agony bc idk if they’ve already mentally tossed me aside or if they see something 😔
rosieroses1423
LET ME INNN LET ME IIIINNNNN
same dude ://Still no II or R yet, being in this limbo is such agony bc idk if they’ve already mentally tossed me aside or if they see something 😔
soontobemed_
Full Member
also wonder if those added are possibly from the waitlistThe Facebook went from 122 on Sunday to 125 this morning so it looks like there’s movement still going on. They also have the last second look date next week so I wonder if that has any effect on the waitlist
Most likelyyy but idkalso wonder if those added are possibly from the waitlist
osshwop
Full Member
Where was the new date announced?Really hoping we see more movement before the new CTE date next week!
Someone mentioned it in this thread previously. I am just taking their word for it because something similar happened in last year's thread and there was tons of movement right after that date.Where was the new date announced?
thegranddoc
Full Member
I’ve thrown in the towel on this cycle already. I haven’t received an II or R yet but I just wanna send some love out to my peers who will be reapplying for this upcoming cycle. hoping to be HUCM Class of 2030 with yall next year ❤️
soontobemed_
Full Member
it’s been painfully quiet
Agreed. I check this forum, my email, and the facebook group numbers so often to see if anything has happenedit’s been painfully quiet
soontobemed_
Full Member
I’m doing the same thing 😖 I feel I’m going insane lol and it’s only the first full week of MayAgreed. I check this forum, my email, and the facebook group numbers so often to see if anything has happened
So trueAgreed. I check this forum, my email, and the facebook group numbers so often to see if anything has happened
ugh same, I’d been told by admin and multiple current students that we’d be seeing movement early may yet a week in and nothing so far 😅I’m doing the same thing 😖 I feel I’m going insane lol and it’s only the first full week of May
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1205944
The fb group isn't really representative because theres M1’s and M2’s and administrators so i’d take that number as a grain of salt! But if it helps, quite a few people have been leaving the group chat they have so spots will open up! Probably closer to the new commitment deadline of May 12th. Keep the faith y’all we’ll be getting off the waitlist soon!!
HowardBison1908
New Member
Hi y'all. I was accepted off of the waitlist this morning.
Prehealth - R
Full Member
When did you interview if you don't mind me asking?Hi y'all. I was accepted off of the waitlist this morning.
HowardBison1908
New Member
I interviewed in February and was waitlisted very soon after.
Oliver Scales
Full Member
Congrats future doc!! Now the rest of us start spiraling even more than we were before 🤣I interviewed in February and was waitlisted very soon after.
Facts lol anxiety spiked right after reading thatCongrats future doc!! Now the rest of us start spiraling even more than we were before 🤣
Prehealth - R
Full Member
Congrats future doc!
Congrats! Would you mind sharing stats?Hi y'all. I was accepted off of the waitlist this morning.
Prehealth - R
Full Member
Did you get a call or an email?Hi y'all. I was accepted off of the waitlist this morning.
I am in a similar boat. I got rejected from Charles Drew, which was shocking to me. I wonder if they have in state bias?? I also haven't heard back from Howard...again shocking. I was just asking myself if it's too late to receive interviews. I do know some of the HBCUs are a bit..slower.Haven’t been caught up with this thread, but can we say our chance of even getting an interview by now is slim? This is one of the last two schools I’ve applied to that I haven’t heard back for an interview. I did get a response for an update later I sent in march a month later, stating they got it and that my application is under considerations, but that they are ‘waning down admissions’. Not sure what that means.
Really having an existential crises after getting rejected from Charles R. Drew, which is my only MD interview for this cycle. Cycle has been chewing me apart.
HowardBison1908
New Member
I wanted to tell you guys because I had been checking this thread constantly, and I thought it would help those who were still waitlisted hang in there a little longer. I'm rooting for you guys. Also, I don't think the number of people in the facebook group is a reliable indicator of how many people are attending. I think it's also important to remember that reading SDN is not actually helping you get into medical school. I think it felt like I was making progress when I was reading these threads when really, I should have been investing time into schoolwork.Congrats future doc!! Now the rest of us start spiraling even more than we were before 🤣
HowardBison1908
New Member
I got an email.Did you get a call or an email?
HowardBison1908
New Member
I'm not going to share exactly, but I have a really low GPA and a really high MCAT.Congrats! Would you mind sharing stats?
soontobemed_
Full Member
do you mind confirming when the CTE date is?I wanted to tell you guys because I had been checking this thread constantly, and I thought it would help those who were still waitlisted hang in there a little longer. I'm rooting for you guys. Also, I don't think the number of people in the facebook group is a reliable indicator of how many people are attending. I think it's also important to remember that reading SDN is not actually helping you get into medical school. I think it felt like I was making progress when I was reading these threads when really, I should have been investing time into schoolwork.
Lizzy Score?I'm not going to share exactly, but I have a really low GPA and a really high MCAT.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HowardBison1908
New Member
70.4Lizzy Score?
HowardBison1908
New Member
They are giving me a week from today.do you mind confirming when the CTE date is?
Sheesh 😮💨70.4
Nontrad_App_098
Full Member
Anyone still waiting for a pre-II rejection? I haven't heard since submitting my secondaries lol
Me. Wondering if they forgot about us lolAnyone still waiting for a pre-II rejection? I haven't heard since submitting my secondaries lol