-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Johns Hopkins
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1203416
Anyone that submitted on 11/1 get a II yet?
Also, does JHU accept Update letters pre-II?
Also, does JHU accept Update letters pre-II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
findingdorymed
Full Member
Do we know when they plan to release MD/PhD decisions?
Chickenpotpiesoup
Full Member
They do not accept updates pre-II but do post-IiAnyone that submitted on 11/1 get a II yet?
Also, does JHU accept Update letters pre-II?
Do we know when they plan to release MD/PhD decisions?
IIRC they said mid-late feb
pi-astronaut
pi-astronaut
when were you complete?omg i never expected anything from this school 😭 OOS II i'm shaking
littlemoon520
Full Member
For people who already interviewed, what are the vibes? I am honestly super duper nervous cuz I heard some crazy **** from a friend who interviewed. Like one of their stats was not good and their interviewer asked them if they could really become a doc if their grades were like that. Also, how are the vibes from student interviewers?
Nervous for my interview in 2 days GAHHHHH!!!
Nervous for my interview in 2 days GAHHHHH!!!
My faculty interviewer was a little stiff, but overall the vibes were pretty okay. I really think it mostly depends on the vibe of the person who interviews you.For people who already interviewed, what are the vibes? I am honestly super duper nervous cuz I heard some crazy **** from a friend who interviewed. Like one of their stats was not good and their interviewer asked them if they could really become a doc if their grades were like that. Also, how are the vibes from student interviewers?
Nervous for my interview in 2 days GAHHHHH!!!
My student interviewer was REALLY nice. They took a lot of effort to make sure I felt really comfortable and relaxed.
Don't be nervous! Just do your best!!
krispykremes4life
Full Member
Does JHU send rejections
krispykremes4life
Full Member
have they yet
Does JHU send rejections
Yes they do, and no they have not as far as I'm aware (at least for pre-II R's). Based on last year's thread, they send them at some point this monthhave they yet
you absolutely should not try, they do not accept them.the website seems to say no but did anyone send an update or letter of interest prior to receiving an interview?
Mr.Pinecone
Full Member
At the point where I’m joining the summoning circle 🥺 please JHU!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Uhh, wouldn't those two be mutually exclusive 😅Does anyone know if Hopkins is sending more IIs out this year than before? Hoping the 50% post interview acceptance rate on admit.org applies this year as well 😭
I can't remember what exactly was said, but I remember an admissions faculty member saying something like "the increased number of applications has made it more difficult to decide who to interview" which could maybe imply that the number of IIs will remain the same. The 50% acceptance rate will probably be reduced by less waitlist movement (but then again, I heard there was no waitlist movement last year? Who knows).
bingoboard132
New Member
II submitted 11/1 - I think they sent out interviews until mid-February last year!
JHU saves "spots" in the class for the later interviewees. They don't interview just for the waitlist (according to an interview the dean did - forgot the name of the podcast. it interviews lots of schools.)Hopkins was my alma mater and I would love to stay for med school, but it's been nothing but complete silence from them. Have the last interview dates for this cycle already passed? I assume that if I do get an II, it will likely end up in a WL or R
just.a.premed
Full Member
FYI I'm 99% sure that this is because Hopkins is trying to send out aid packages earlier this year to give students more time to weigh their options and so they can get their package before Second Look (source: current hopkins student)To the Johns Hopkins admissions folks who read this forum: someone senior on your team needs to step up and send an email apologizing to your applicants for tonight’s financial aid notice. It comes across so shady, essentially suggesting that your interview invitations and admissions decisions will be directly influenced by whether or not someone’s family has means. It’s also condescending to introduce this request “as a reminder,” when no other email correspondence nor the application portal have made it salient before. This is unbecoming of an institution that asks its applicants to read and respond to a Medicine Equity Statement. Do better.
just.a.premed
Full Member
Not sure about IIs but confirming the current M1 class was overenrolled and nobody got off the waitlist last year, so they are giving less acceptances because they are trying very very hard not to overenroll this year! So my guess is that the post-II A rate will be lower because they are expecting yield to go up becuase of free tuition.Does anyone know if Hopkins is sending more IIs out this year than before? Hoping the 50% post interview acceptance rate on admit.org applies this year as well 😭
D
deleted1203416
When did you receive the II?II submitted 11/1 - I think they sent out interviews until mid-February last year!
bingoboard132
New Member
Yesterday!When did you receive the II?
FYI I'm 99% sure that this is because Hopkins is trying to send out aid packages earlier this year to give students more time to weigh their options and so they can get their package before Second Look (source: current hopkins student)
This is the explicit reason given during the interview day. They are sending out financial aid packages with acceptances for everyone that filled out the CSS profile by the due date. Everyone else has to wait longer.
chillguy55
New Member
Yay omg congrats!! I also submitted on the very last day so this brings me some much-needed hope! Do you know when they're scheduling interviews to so far? Hopefully more to comeII submitted 11/1 - I think they sent out interviews until mid-February last year!

bingoboard132
New Member
Thank you! Scheduled for next week - best of luck with your cycle!Yay omg congrats!! I also submitted on the very last day so this brings me some much-needed hope! Do you know when they're scheduling interviews to so far? Hopefully more to come![]()
If I submitted early and haven't heard back, it probably means I got rejected? Seeing as the IIs going out the past few weeks are mostly people who submitted later
Be POSITIVE! Your time will come!
I hope so - I was complete on like August 4th or 5th with LM 82. Tbh ECs were pretty lackluster tho so if I'm rejected I wouldn't be surprisedBe POSITIVE! Your time will come!
For Hopkins interview, do we just need to attend 1 faculty interview, 1 student interview, and 1 student panel discussion? There is no information session by the admissions? And how do we do update after the interview, from the portal or email the admissions?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
kangler024
Full Member
Yup, that’s all you have to attend! Just make sure that all of those sessions are scheduled for the same day. There’s no explicit info session from admissions, but there is a student-run meet and greet on the Wednesday before the interview that is quite helpful towards getting insight into the school! For updates, you’ll email them. Instructions will show up in your portal after the interview!
from my interview day: about 1/4-1/3 of the interviewee will get acceptedNot sure about IIs but confirming the current M1 class was overenrolled and nobody got off the waitlist last year, so they are giving less acceptances because they are trying very very hard not to overenroll this year! So my guess is that the post-II A rate will be lower because they are expecting yield to go up becuase of free tuition.
tarkovskiyeva
Full Member
My faculty interview was lovely! I was prepared for the worst going into it (more or less because I've heard horror stories where interviewers were really grilling students), but my interviewer was truly kind hearted and we had a great conversation. He did ask me a bunch of very detailed questions about my research, so be prepared to explain and justify your own scientific decisions.How have people's interviews generally been? More interested in what the faculty interview is like.
Side note: we ended the interview because one of his patient was having a heart attack ://
tarkovskiyeva
Full Member
Appreciate the response. Did they ask anything outside the scope of your paper or research? Or like why didn’t you do this instead?
For me, nothing too much outside what I described to be doing in the research section; there were gentle back-and-forths of “did you explore *assay*” or “I wonder if *method* would have worked at all”, but in the spirit of discussion.
You got this best of luck!
littlemoon520
Full Member
Interview review: faculty one was okay. I made an unsuccessful joke that did not go along well oops but besides that it was okay. Ngl, it was not the best interview match in my opinion but my interviewer was generally nice! The student interview was great, my interviewer was super super nice. I have literally not met a nicer person when it came to interviewing and we really clicked on personal hobbies. Overall, came in scared because I heard some HORROR stories from a current adcom about a few other adcom faculty and a friend of mine that interviewed last year but left feeling good (aside from the bad joke I made). Also this school is so fricken bougie. They pay for COA for first look (flights, hotels, everything). I asked a current M1 and apparently the stipend is like $3200 for students that qualify for the full COA package. Like that is so crazy. If you have a roomie, living in balti does not cost more than $1500 even if you stretch it. You could literally buy a chanel bag to reward yourself after on semester... or like invest into a roth IRA LMAO.
littlemoon520
Full Member
Ngl, I was afraid they would grill me on my research. My undergrad research project was the main focal point of my app and I really studied the week before the interview. Buuuttttttt my interviewer did not really ask or grill me on it. Honestly kind of disappointed they didn't ask since I was looking forward to explaining my research. She even got the lab focus area wrong (was doing basic science, interviewer referred to it as surgery but there was no surgery involved). It really depends on the person ngl.For me, nothing too much outside what I described to be doing in the research section; there were gentle back-and-forths of “did you explore *assay*” or “I wonder if *method* would have worked at all”, but in the spirit of discussion.
You got this best of luck!
$3200 Monthly?Interview review: faculty one was okay. I made an unsuccessful joke that did not go along well oops but besides that it was okay. Ngl, it was not the best interview match in my opinion but my interviewer was generally nice! The student interview was great, my interviewer was super super nice. I have literally not met a nicer person when it came to interviewing and we really clicked on personal hobbies. Overall, came in scared because I heard some HORROR stories from a current adcom about a few other adcom faculty and a friend of mine that interviewed last year but left feeling good (aside from the bad joke I made). Also this school is so fricken bougie. They pay for COA for first look (flights, hotels, everything). I asked a current M1 and apparently the stipend is like $3200 for students that qualify for the full COA package. Like that is so crazy. If you have a roomie, living in balti does not cost more than $1500 even if you stretch it. You could literally buy a chanel bag to reward yourself after on semester... or like invest into a roth IRA LMAO.
Splogies
Full Member
Bruh…. getting PAID $3200 to attend one of the most prestigious schools in the world… I should’ve worked harder smhInterview review: faculty one was okay. I made an unsuccessful joke that did not go along well oops but besides that it was okay. Ngl, it was not the best interview match in my opinion but my interviewer was generally nice! The student interview was great, my interviewer was super super nice. I have literally not met a nicer person when it came to interviewing and we really clicked on personal hobbies. Overall, came in scared because I heard some HORROR stories from a current adcom about a few other adcom faculty and a friend of mine that interviewed last year but left feeling good (aside from the bad joke I made). Also this school is so fricken bougie. They pay for COA for first look (flights, hotels, everything). I asked a current M1 and apparently the stipend is like $3200 for students that qualify for the full COA package. Like that is so crazy. If you have a roomie, living in balti does not cost more than $1500 even if you stretch it. You could literally buy a chanel bag to reward yourself after on semester... or like invest into a roth IRA LMAO.
wow that's more than I make at my job :0 crazyInterview review: faculty one was okay. I made an unsuccessful joke that did not go along well oops but besides that it was okay. Ngl, it was not the best interview match in my opinion but my interviewer was generally nice! The student interview was great, my interviewer was super super nice. I have literally not met a nicer person when it came to interviewing and we really clicked on personal hobbies. Overall, came in scared because I heard some HORROR stories from a current adcom about a few other adcom faculty and a friend of mine that interviewed last year but left feeling good (aside from the bad joke I made). Also this school is so fricken bougie. They pay for COA for first look (flights, hotels, everything). I asked a current M1 and apparently the stipend is like $3200 for students that qualify for the full COA package. Like that is so crazy. If you have a roomie, living in balti does not cost more than $1500 even if you stretch it. You could literally buy a chanel bag to reward yourself after on semester... or like invest into a roth IRA LMAO.
hopkins, you can still interview me if you want. i'm ready when you are
HankYarbohasacc
New Member
Hi, is the portal just the one paged site we uploaded secondaries to or is there something else that people are checking interview invites on?
Probably not, but this cycle is brand new for them so I guess you never know. If they follow previous years, they will send out another batch or twoDo we think JHU is done with interview invites?
justsomeguy2
Full Member
I am short 2 math credits for JHU, does anyone know how open they are to making exceptions / has anyone taken an online course that would count? Just received II and had lowkey already planned on being rejected from them and no other schools required as many math credits
kangler024
Full Member
I'm in the second batch of decisions, and the post-interview information has now disappeared from my portal... I'm literally crashing out oml
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So do we know that's bad or what's the dealI'm in the second batch of decisions, and the post-interview information has now disappeared from my portal... I'm literally crashing out oml
I think it means nothing LOL based on what happened last round. Probably just that they’re updating the portal. The email they sent said decisions aren’t coming out until 2/7So do we know that's bad or what's the deal
kangler024
Full Member
Oh it almost certainly means nothing in terms of outcome, but it is crazy to think that they probably have already decided on our apps…I think it means nothing LOL based on what happened last round. Probably just that they’re updating the portal. The email they sent said decisions aren’t coming out until 2/7
Congrats on the II. When were you complete plsI am short 2 math credits for JHU, does anyone know how open they are to making exceptions / has anyone taken an online course that would count? Just received II and had lowkey already planned on being rejected from them and no other schools required as many math credits
justsomeguy2
Full Member
Complete 7/25Congrats on the II. When were you complete pls