2024-2025 Johns Hopkins

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not me checking on the JHUSOM application page to see what people with interviews are talking about when I don’t even have an interview invite [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]. I pray whatever you guys desire to come to fruition [emoji[emoji637][emoji640][emoji639][emoji637]]
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i submitted in October (entirely my fault) but I don’t think they’ll ever get around to reading my application at this rate I fear it’ll be an auto R[emoji24]
 
Alr I join the summoning circle
I completed them so late, was so burnt out, and vomited up the worst piece of writing I've ever brought into this world for their wOnDeR prompt. No way they take the bait of my country musician wannabe ass lol. Didn't even do CSS so what am I gonna do there anyway, donate three kidneys to pay for the first sememster? Guess it was worth a try but damn
Folks, it worked. The summoning circle worked. OOS II Complete 08/16
 
am i coping or is hopkins one of the only schools genuinely going in chronological order (except that one sept submission on admit.org)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm joining the summoning circle.
Count me in
Okay time to manifest. Please just give me a shot Hopkins I promise I won't let you down
To officially join the summoning circle you have to explain why there is no chance Hopkins sends you an II.

It all started way back with the late, great Oatmeal (now deleted profile), who complained about having to do the CSS profile knowing they never had a chance of getting interviewed by hopkins. The very next day they received an II. Then, the infamous @zarastars followed suit, explaining why she would not get an II, who also later received an II. Thus the chain began. It has worked for others, no we must hope it works for us.

Here is mine:
I am hopping on the trend:

I can't believe that I submitted my app here for the 3rd cycle in a row and rewrote all my essays and even did the CSS profile knowing that I have absolutely zero chance of even getting an II, let alone an acceptance. If they didn't like me the first 2 times, there's ABSOLUTELY NO WAY IN ANY UNIVERSE EVER that they will this time around.

What a shame
 
Last edited:
To officially join the summoning circle you have to explain why there is no chance Hopkins sends you an II.

It all started way back with the late, great Oatmeal (now deleted profile), who complained about having to do the CSS profile knowing he never had a chance of getting interviewed by hopkins. The very next day he received an II. Then, the infamous @zarastars followed suit, explaining why he would not get an II, who also later received an II. Thus the chain began. It has worked for others, no we must hope it works for us.

Here is mine:
This is the way- step 1 abandon all hope; step 2 ????; step 3 profit
 
Last edited:
To officially join the summoning circle you have to explain why there is no chance Hopkins sends you an II.

It all started way back with the late, great Oatmeal (now deleted profile), who complained about having to do the CSS profile knowing they never had a chance of getting interviewed by hopkins. The very next day they received an II. Then, the infamous @zarastars followed suit, explaining why she would not get an II, who also later received an II. Thus the chain began. It has worked for others, no we must hope it works for us.

Here is mine:
Alright let's try this again.
Even though I have super high stats (I promise I'm not bragging here) I haven't received a single II from a T20 school. I haven't even gotten an A yet. Better yet, I'm a REAPPLICANT and had a horrendous first cycle. I'm doing ever so slightly better this year, but if Johns Hopkins didn't want me last year, why would they give me an interview now? I only bothered reapplying (later than I should have, might I add) because of the sliver of a minuscule possibility that I could go to med school and fulfill my dream for FREE. Silly me!
 
I submitted late, because I was overwhelmed by the sheer number of essays. My GPA leaves a LOT to be desired... I'm a one-trick MCAT pony for sure. Hopkins can see right through my app and know I'm an imposter... I'd never get an interview *nods peacefully* I apologize to Hopkins for sending them my app, I hope you can forgive me Adcom 😊
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To officially join the summoning circle you have to explain why there is no chance Hopkins sends you an II.

It all started way back with the late, great Oatmeal (now deleted profile), who complained about having to do the CSS profile knowing they never had a chance of getting interviewed by hopkins. The very next day they received an II. Then, the infamous @zarastars followed suit, explaining why she would not get an II, who also later received an II. Thus the chain began. It has worked for others, no we must hope it works for us.

Here is mine:
I have got nothing to lose so I am joining as well.

I have am LM score of 78 and meh extracurriculars. I haven't gotten a single II this entire cycle even though I submitted my apps and secondaries the same day I received them. I have received like 7 Pre-II Rs so far so I am very cooked.
 
To officially join the summoning circle you have to explain why there is no chance Hopkins sends you an II.

It all started way back with the late, great Oatmeal (now deleted profile), who complained about having to do the CSS profile knowing they never had a chance of getting interviewed by hopkins. The very next day they received an II. Then, the infamous @zarastars followed suit, explaining why she would not get an II, who also later received an II. Thus the chain began. It has worked for others, no we must hope it works for us.

Here is mine:
Low GPA, high MCAT with ECs that are sub-par compared to the general Hopkins applicant. Don't think they'd have any reason to look my way 🙁
 
I only wish that Oatmeal was still with us to see the legacy they began. I believe wholeheartedly in each of your abilities to be interviewed. They are behind this cycle, so you cannot yet give up hope.
Also why am I infamous

Also can we get a few F's in the chat for the stalwart storied sots who were first among us to be selected for greatness, the great first wave Hopkins interviewees, who are anxiously refreshing their emails because they have been promised a decision this week? As we approach noon on Wednesday, we approach the half-way point, the horrible hump day to their horrifically long week. May their inboxes rest in peace without refresh, and may the interviewees become admits and make merry. They're experiencing the week of tension and horror we manifest(ed) for ourselves. With this prelude I say,

F
 
Last edited:
Also joining this. I know I have an extremely low GPA and mediocre MCAT. On paper, I’m probably far from Hopkin’s standard. Hopkins has already known I have zero potential through my five years working next to the Armstrong building and generated zero scholarly output. I should not have my hopes up assuming that getting a terminal degree from Hopkins will give me a leeway into Hopkins Med. I have already gotten 12 Pre-II rejections and I should never have my hopes up that I can get a free medical education at one of the best med schools.
 
Last edited:
I only wish that Oatmeal was still with us to see the legacy they began. I believe wholeheartedly in each of your abilities to be interviewed. They are behind this cycle, so you cannot yet give up hope.
Also why am I infamous

Also can we get a few F's in the chat for the stalwart storied sots who were first among us to be selected for greatness, the great first wave Hopkins interviewees, who are anxiously refreshing their emails because they have been promised a decision this week? As we approach noon on Wednesday, we approach the half-way point, the horrible hump day to their horrifically long week. May their inboxes rest in peace without refresh, and may the interviewees become admits and make merry. They're experiencing the week of tension and horror we manifest(ed) for ourselves. With this prelude I say,

F
F for the homies
 
Joining the summoning circle... LM 72 lmaoooo, submitted superrrrrrrr late in the cycle bc I was so so overwhelmed, i just have an unrequited love for this school and I am a hopeless romantic and want hopkins to fall in love with me the way I love them <3
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad