-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Johns Hopkins
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
littlemoon520
Full Member
Yeah, I think its around 30k for annual stipend. It's $3200 monthly not counting vacation times I think - at least thats what the M1 I spoke to said.$3200 Monthly?
littlemoon520
Full Member
the II is an email. then you reserve your interview in the portal where you uploaded secondaries if you get an II.Hi, is the portal just the one paged site we uploaded secondaries to or is there something else that people are checking interview invites on?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HankYarbohasacc
New Member
Thank you!the II is an email. then you reserve your interview in the portal where you uploaded secondaries if you get an II.
I sent a letter of interest with some updates-- they said on my interview day they will consider updates in advance of the decision date if you submit it at least 2-3 weeks prior. I don't think it's wise to send a letter of intent unless you're on the waitlist and know for sure you would attend. They likely are assuming that Hopkins is among most people's top choices anyways so sending a letter of interest or intent is not gonna do that much tbhAre you guys sending Letters of Intent with your Updates post interview? or do they not care for those?
Last edited:
Please Big Johnny, just grace me with an II
i’m gonna need this thread to be so chill over the next week bc if i see ANY. ANY insinuation that the post II information presence means ANYTHING regarding admissions decision, i will light the SDN servers on fire. i'm begging you guys to please be chill so i can survive the next 187.5 hours of nail biting torture
(mods, this is a joke. it is a plea to avoid the neuroticism from last round.)
(mods, this is a joke. it is a plea to avoid the neuroticism from last round.)
For future reference, they said the third (final) round of decisions would be Wed, March 26, with Waitlist movement starting May 1st - June 16th. Also, it seems like they will be having a committee meeting sometime week of Feb 11, as they said to have any updates in by that date to have them reviewed before decisions are made.
blueberrybonita
New Member
OOS II on 1/30. was not expecting this at all. I didn't even know if they were still interviewing. Can someone explain why this year is different than others? are they interviewing more people?
justsomeguy2
Full Member
I think they've always interviewed through the end of Feb, but they also started a little later this year with sending out IIsOOS II on 1/30. was not expecting this at all. I didn't even know if they were still interviewing. Can someone explain why this year is different than others? are they interviewing more people?
pi-astronaut
pi-astronaut
congrats! when were you complete?OOS II on 1/30. was not expecting this at all. I didn't even know if they were still interviewing. Can someone explain why this year is different than others? are they interviewing more people?
blueberrybonita
New Member
Thanks! Complete 8/4/2024congrats! when were you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pi-astronaut
pi-astronaut
(justajoke)
you got me there 🤣🤣🤣. i do really want that JHU II though 😭
Chickenpotpiesoup
Full Member
If they aren’t finished already, probably in the next week or two would be my guessWhen do they finish sending out II's?
newkungfukenny
Full Member
Wow +oos ii. Lm 75. Complete 09/04
It looks like they are going back through applications in order and handing out IIs (just my speculation). Me being a July complete guy probably means I’m toast. That being said, I’ll try one last time to get an interview:
When I was a young kid, my dad convinced me and my siblings that he killed someone over chili cheese Fritos. 8 year old me 100% believed him, and I never once touched a bag of Fritos in my house after that. Well Hopkins, it would be a shame if a bag of chili cheese Fritos got left at your doorstep…
When I was a young kid, my dad convinced me and my siblings that he killed someone over chili cheese Fritos. 8 year old me 100% believed him, and I never once touched a bag of Fritos in my house after that. Well Hopkins, it would be a shame if a bag of chili cheese Fritos got left at your doorstep…
pi-astronaut
pi-astronaut
guess my greed paid off 🤣.you got me there 🤣🤣🤣. i do really want that JHU II though 😭
IS II yesterday 2/4. Complete 8/30. LM 74.
banananabread
Full Member
how was the interview here? any tips for preparation?
D
deleted1180326
hopkins plsplspslpslpsls
Probably the most chill out of all the schools. One hour faculty, one hour student. I didn't get grilled on my research even though some people said they did. They thoroughly read through your entire application so be prepared for some questions on your activities or personal statement.how was the interview here? any tips for preparation?
dayoneofmedicine
Full Member
mine's coming tomorrowI think my II is coming today
Mr. JHop, I am on my knees for this II (pretty please)
icepenguin2024
Full Member
OOS II today! LM 76
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
complete?OOS II today! LM 76
icepenguin2024
Full Member
7/26!complete?
curlydoctor
Full Member
Please i'm literally begging
D
deleted1180326
real😭Please i'm literally begging
In Baltimore's charming, historic space
A dream takes shape, a heart's embrace
For JHU SOM, my love so true
A passion burns, forever shining through
Your halls of learning, where minds entwine
A fusion of art and science divine
The pursuit of healing, a noble quest
My heart beats fast, my soul finds rest
I long to walk your hallowed halls
To learn from the best, to give my all
To join the ranks of those who've come to thrive
At JHU SOM, where medical dreams survive
I seek an interview, a chance to share
My passion, my drive, my heart's deep care
To show the admissions team, my soul's on fire
To become a part of JHU SOM's noble desire
Accept me, dear JHU SOM, into your fold
Give me the chance, to learn, to grow, to mold
My skills, my knowledge, my heart, and my hand
Into a healer, a leader, in this noble land
So let me don the blue and white with pride
And join the ranks of those who've come to reside
In the world of medicine, where hearts and minds unite
My love for JHU SOM, shining like a beacon bright.
A dream takes shape, a heart's embrace
For JHU SOM, my love so true
A passion burns, forever shining through
Your halls of learning, where minds entwine
A fusion of art and science divine
The pursuit of healing, a noble quest
My heart beats fast, my soul finds rest
I long to walk your hallowed halls
To learn from the best, to give my all
To join the ranks of those who've come to thrive
At JHU SOM, where medical dreams survive
I seek an interview, a chance to share
My passion, my drive, my heart's deep care
To show the admissions team, my soul's on fire
To become a part of JHU SOM's noble desire
Accept me, dear JHU SOM, into your fold
Give me the chance, to learn, to grow, to mold
My skills, my knowledge, my heart, and my hand
Into a healer, a leader, in this noble land
So let me don the blue and white with pride
And join the ranks of those who've come to reside
In the world of medicine, where hearts and minds unite
My love for JHU SOM, shining like a beacon bright.
Sakkarai7481
Full Member
OOS II today as well! Literally can’t believe it (LM 77.3)
I gotta get off this website man 😭
banananabread
Full Member
to those who have interviewed, when do you get the names of your interviewers? day of or beforehand?
kangler024
Full Member
They don’t provide any information prior to the interview in an attempt to make the conversation a bit more natural 🙂
to those who have interviewed, when do you get the names of your interviewers? day of or beforehand?
nah you just show up and pray
tarkovskiyeva
Full Member
Keats been real quiet since this droppedIn Baltimore's charming, historic space
A dream takes shape, a heart's embrace
For JHU SOM, my love so true
A passion burns, forever shining through
Your halls of learning, where minds entwine
A fusion of art and science divine
The pursuit of healing, a noble quest
My heart beats fast, my soul finds rest
I long to walk your hallowed halls
To learn from the best, to give my all
To join the ranks of those who've come to thrive
At JHU SOM, where medical dreams survive
I seek an interview, a chance to share
My passion, my drive, my heart's deep care
To show the admissions team, my soul's on fire
To become a part of JHU SOM's noble desire
Accept me, dear JHU SOM, into your fold
Give me the chance, to learn, to grow, to mold
My skills, my knowledge, my heart, and my hand
Into a healer, a leader, in this noble land
So let me don the blue and white with pride
And join the ranks of those who've come to reside
In the world of medicine, where hearts and minds unite
My love for JHU SOM, shining like a beacon bright.
Update letter worthy material 🗣️🔥🔥🔥
doggydog210
Full Member
If it brings you any comfort, the email they sent out a while ago changing the decision date said, "We are writing to let you know that the updated release date for our next round of admissions decisions will be Friday, February 7th.", so I'm personally doing myself a favor and not touching my portal until then haha 🙂the portal says "by friday feb 7th" so I keep logging in just in case it dropped early oh the next 48 hours will not be pleasant for my heart
oh my god you're so right... this is helpful. can't believe i forgot about the email. not logging back in until 12:30 pm on fridayIf it brings you any comfort, the email they sent out a while ago changing the decision date said, "We are writing to let you know that the updated release date for our next round of admissions decisions will be Friday, February 7th.", so I'm personally doing myself a favor and not touching my portal until then haha 🙂
cauliflower_zl
Full Member
Can't believe how calm this forum is being today.. I admire y'all who interviewed with the second batch, I am losing it today. Good luck to everyone tomorrow!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my threat re: lighting SDN servers on fires seems to have scared off outward displays of neuroticism. (jk! perhaps...)Can't believe how calm this forum is being today.. I admire y'all who interviewed with the second batch, I am losing it today. Good luck to everyone tomorrow!!
good luck to you my friend, and good luck to everybody!!!! i hope to see all of your beautiful faces at second look
congrats!! complete date?OOS II today as well! Literally can’t believe it (LM 77.3)
neuroticism
Full Member
+OOS II yesterday!!! Actually pissed myself reading the email thinking it was a scam email lol
Chickenpotpiesoup
Full Member
What time do we think Tom? What was last time?
TheDoctorMcDreamy
New Member
+OOS II yesterday. Complete 8/6. Anyone have any advice for this interview? I'm super nervous. Also, since Hopkins has 3 decision dates throughout the cycle, does anyone know if my chances are decreased or if I'm interviewing for an acceptance or waitlist since this is the last wave?