You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Maryland
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
DewDropNine
Full Member
Anyone know how much waitlist movement is expected for maryland?
futureDOC238
New Member
on msar I thought it said 10-15Anyone know how much waitlist movement is expected for maryland?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bananaman31
2024-2025 Applicant
They said p/f preclinical is very unlikely at least for the next 4-5 yearsDoes anyone know if preclinical is switching to P/F or not this upcoming school year?
That’s sad looks like I’m leaving Maryland.They said p/f preclinical is very unlikely at least for the next 4-5 years
IloveJesus123
Full Member
Who said? And when?They said p/f preclinical is very unlikely at least for the next 4-5 years
bananaman31
2024-2025 Applicant
one of the faculty members at second look dayWho said? And when?
zigzagzinger
Full Member
Does anyone know if preclinical is switching to P/F or not this upcoming school year?
Yeah at second look the dean (Dr Martinez) said they were absolutely not switching for this incoming class. I will also be leaving Maryland lolThat’s sad looks like I’m leaving Maryland.
The post may have been revoked because it is not here anymore but did you know which medical schools were under investigation for merit based discrimination by HHS Office for Civil Rights ?
I wonder if that could impact schools funding or accreditation status...
I wonder if that could impact schools funding or accreditation status...
zigzagzinger
Full Member
Withdrew my A, good luck gang!
nerotcinboxrefrshr
Full Member
Withdrew from waitlist, good luck everyone! (IS)
BeepBoop1234
New Member
Silly question, I deleted all my emails from Maryland. How do I withdraw? Is it through the portal?
zigzagzinger
Full Member
you have to email them 🙄Silly question, I deleted all my emails from Maryland. How do I withdraw? Is it through the portal?
fortniteferret
Full Member
anyone here on the WL and has no other acceptances?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1199010
Just removed myself from the WL - good luck everyone!
fortniteferret
Full Member
the waiting is killing me, who else is waiting to hear back from WL and really wants it 😢 Im guessing we will get the WL procedure email this week??
DewDropNine
Full Member
Any WL movement updates?
bringmeder
New Member
Not yet.... this is my top choiceOur waitlist notification emails said we’d be notified with a formal letter at the beginning of May with procedure instructions. Has anyone gotten that yet???
Nope. IS strong ties (currently work for UMSOM and went to UMD) WL in October. I spoke to my health professions office advisor from undergrad last Thursday and she said Maryland told them they weren't expecting to take anyone from the waitlist this year. Hope that's not the case.Our waitlist notification emails said we’d be notified with a formal letter at the beginning of May with procedure instructions. Has anyone gotten that yet???
DewDropNine
Full Member
So no WL movement?
That's what I was told by UMD college park, they said that UMSOM is the only school they get detailed info from during each cycleSo no WL movement?
fortniteferret
Full Member
That would be insaneNope. IS strong ties (currently work for UMSOM and went to UMD) WL in October. I spoke to my health professions office advisor from undergrad last Thursday and she said Maryland told them they weren't expecting to take anyone from the waitlist this year. Hope that's not the case.
Childof_d_WayMaker
Full Member
the class is currently oversubscribed, so I'm not sure that there will be any waitlist movement.That would be insane
DewDropNine
Full Member
waitlist procedures posted on application portal
DewDropNine
Full Member
whats the difference between upper and lower? is it in terms of rank number or priority?
bringmeder
New Member
I called admissions. It's like a line up to get it. Top half will get calls first if there are even spots to givewhats the difference between upper and lower? is it in terms of rank number or priority?
Just withdrew - good luck to everyone on the waitlist!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pineapple123456789
New Member
do we know if the class is just full or also oversubscribed? also i feel like in past years there’s always been waitlist movement no matter what (at least that’s what i'm telling myself)
D
deleted1179229
I'm not sure anyone knows certainly, unless its specifically an adcom...which I doubt is going to be anyone commenting here. Everything else is hearsay or speculation. Personally, I don't believe there won't be any waitlist movement—just highly unlikely imo. Also, I doubt even an adcom would be able to declare there will or will not be any waitlist movement, given the fact we still have 12 weeks until orientation day. I'm a little anxious as well, but just try to ignore all the noise on here.do we know if the class is just full or also oversubscribed? also i feel like in past years there’s always been waitlist movement no matter what (at least that’s what i'm telling myself)
gudeggtama
Full Member
not to burst anyone's bubble (not an adcom, just an admitted applicant), but some people in the admitted students' group chat have just gotten emails asking them to voluntarily defer their admission due to oversubscription, so ://
WTF this is crazynot to burst anyone's bubble (not an adcom, just an admitted applicant), but some people in the admitted students' group chat have just gotten emails asking them to voluntarily defer their admission due to oversubscription, so ://
pineapple123456789
New Member
how many people are in the groupchat?not to burst anyone's bubble (not an adcom, just an admitted applicant), but some people in the admitted students' group chat have just gotten emails asking them to voluntarily defer their admission due to oversubscription, so ://
221 with a couple M1's and upperclassmen sprinkled inhow many people are in the groupchat?
bringmeder
New Member
Just because there are 221, doesn't mean everybody is planning on keeping their spot
This. When I spoke to one of the deans at second look he said that the class size is going to be ~160 so it sounds reasonable that around 40-50 people are waiting on decisions from other schools.Just because there are 221, doesn't mean everybody is planning on keeping their spot
Everyone on the WL is getting rejected it seems.That is crazy! I don't understand why they put so many students on the waitlist when their class is oversubscribed and they are offering deferrals to accepted students. Why not give a rejection to at least some of the waitlisted students so that they could move on?
if another school you’ve been accepted to has a CTE deadline before last waitlist day for UMSOM and you don’t pull all your applications including waitlists by the date, you can lose your acceptanceSo, if another school has a "commit to enroll" deadline before Maryland's last day to be accepted off the waitlist (August 4th), does that mean we can't hold out hope all the way until then?
Those applicants have no acceptances and only waitlists. CTE is only applicable to accepted applicants.Can someone kindly explain to me how CTE deadlines are in May/June but people can be accepted off waitlists up until orientation in July/Aug?