2024-2025 Maryland

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ehhh i mean look the University of Washington School of Medicine. The have an in-state interview rate of ~44% and OOS interview rate of ~4.5%. They accept 269 people in their class according to msar. This is not even considering them having a 2nd MD school in the state that is public. UMSOM needs to be kinder to in-staters until they can increase class size.

Also of those they accept, yes they are great, but the adcoms be rejecting top-notch/stellar applications with no interviews (which can then can fall under the guise of "we do not have room' even tho their adcom review process is not the best). I think the bigger issue is the review process that need nationwide reform. The out of state, in state problem is harder to fix
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Portal wasn't updated until 2 days later for me
Makes sense, they probably have to add a bunch of new stuff not to mention sending out all the other As and Rs these past 48 hours. My portal still hasn't been updated so these past 2 days I keep checking my phone to remind myself that the call was actually real lol.

Any other admitted ppl know when the Second Look day is going to be, and if there is a group for admitted students? Just so I can plan my schedule for the weeks ahead and figure out travel.
 
Last edited:
Makes sense, they probably have to add a bunch of new stuff not to mention sending out all the other As and Rs these past 48 hours. My portal still hasn't been updated so these past 2 days I keep checking my phone to remind myself that the call was actually real lol.

Any other admitted ppl know when the Second Look day is going to be, and if there is a group for admitted students? Just so I can plan my schedule for the weeks ahead and figure out travel.
March 7th. Here is the GroupMe link: GroupMe - Join the group for University of Maryland SOM Class of 2029
 
1739918877518.png

Did anyone else get an email like this? This is the first I've heard from Maryland since submitting my secondary so I'm not really sure what's going on
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how on time are they with post-II responses? they said 4-6 weeks but it has been 6 weeks today and I don't think anyone on my interview date has heard
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sending good vibes to the Jan interviewees who were all waitlisted so far. Looks like we are in this together, so here's to hoping May brings us lots of good news ❤️
 
Have any other accepted students gotten an email from SNMA? Just curious, because I'm not at all considered URM at least according to the AMCAS guidelines (common East Asian ethnicity, not low SES, but from a medically underserved county/city) and I'm wondering if it was a mistake.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad