2024-2025 Northeast Ohio (NEOMED)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What did everyone think of the campus and the campus tour? I thought it seemed pretty good. However, I’m not very picky 😆
 
Anyone completed the Basic and Translational Biomedicine Research master's program before? I am wondering what the interview will be like. I will be traveling at the time of the interview lol so I don't know if I should prepare for it like an MD interview or what to expect? Any help would be appreciated! There is still hope to get off the waitlist 🙂
 
Anyone completed the Basic and Translational Biomedicine Research master's program before? I am wondering what the interview will be like. I will be traveling at the time of the interview lol so I don't know if I should prepare for it like an MD interview or what to expect? Any help would be appreciated! There is still hope to get off the waitlist 🙂
Im working the day of mine. Idk how I’ll swing it but hopefully will have same set up as my med school interviews. I guess I’ll rush home at lunch 🧐
 
Anyone completed the Basic and Translational Biomedicine Research master's program before? I am wondering what the interview will be like. I will be traveling at the time of the interview lol so I don't know if I should prepare for it like an MD interview or what to expect? Any help would be appreciated! There is still hope to get off the waitlist 🙂
I just did the interview, it was very laid back and they ultimately wanted to know how you plan to apply the program to your future career in medicine
 
I just did the interview, it was very laid back and they ultimately wanted to know how you plan to apply the program to your future career in medicine
Oh sweet, did you wear professional attire/was there students wearing business casual? I will be traveling, so idk how I would be able to wear a suit if that is the dress code lol.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Could any applicant from last year's cycle share if they got in around June 5th OOS? I have a feeling only IS WL applicants are being accepted now, but I may just be making that up.
 
Hello Future MDs!!!!
I like to follow this post because of my family connection to NEOMED. My son graduated, did well on this Step Exams, did a 3 year residency in IM in Chicago and a Fellowship in Endocrinology. He's now an attending Endocrinology and loves his job. My daughter just graduated, did very well on the Step exams and is starting a residency next month. NEOMED did very well at this year's match. In fact, one student matched in Cardiovascular Surgery, even though many other heart surgeons told him coming out of NEOMED will prevent him from get a match in Cardiovascular Surgery. He proved them all wrong.
As a parent, I just want to share my thoughts since I've seen two kids go through the program. First, it's not easy, but doable. A lot of self teaching and you have to become a self motivated learner (I'm sure other schools are like this). Second, if you need a mental break, take it. Meaning, take a gap year. Both of my children had friends take a gap year because they were burnt out and it saved them. One is now an attending Anesthesiologist, and this other student is graduating next year. Keep your head down, mouth closed and study. Ask for help if you need it. Always do the right thing even if it may get you in trouble. Being honest is the best policy. No attitude and no drama. The first year was an adjustment to hours of studying. The second year was prepping for Step. The third year was the Shelf exams and all the clinicals. Both children thought year 3 was hard in different way as compared to year 1 & 2. Year 4 was the lightest as compared to the others, but the students still had papers and projects to do. If you're living in the Village and there are roommate problems/drama, then plan on getting an apartment in Rootstown or Kent. You don't need additional stress.
Good luck and I wish you best. If you have any kind of anxiety, panic attacks or depression, get help ASAP. Don't wait on this. Both of my children had friends who needed counseling and meds during med school and they were able to graduate and get through it. They wanted it so bad, they found themselves self sabotaging their mental health which impacting their learning. You can do this!!! If it was easy, everyone would be doing it!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone who expressed interest in the master's been accepted off the AL? I know they say it doesn't impact it but I was just curious
 
Hi everyone, if you have been admitted and enrolled at NEOMED there’s now an official Facebook group here: Log into Facebook

The University will approve you to join that group once you’re enrolled! In that group there’s now also an officially unofficial GroupMe.
 
Does anyone accepted with Canvas access know if the class is officially full yet?
 
I noticed an update in msar. prior latest admit was up to July but looks like next year latest acceptance notice will be June 8th, 2026
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad