You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Northeast Ohio (NEOMED)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1174679
Guys, last year they accepted people through end of June from all over. (this is from 2022-2023 sdn neomed). So I think June 5th is not end all be all. It's just CTE deadline with neomed. So I think there will be another movement after June 5th. 🤞I believe Jun 5 is the deadline for commit to enroll . So, they can offer admissions on WL till the last day of any slot available
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too! I'm super stoked about this program but just a little worried since there's only 20 seats.Just got an interview invite for the MFM masters program.
Is this a separate interview then the information sessions?Just got an interview invite for the MFM masters program.
Yes, it’s a 30 minute one on one with the program director.Is this a separate interview then the information sessions?
leglesslobster4
Full Member
same here! super excited to learn more about the program!Just got an interview invite for the MFM masters program.
I doubt every incoming medical student in the class of 2028 will join the FB group. Some probably don’t even have FBwhy does it say 80 members? thought it would be closer to 150-200?
I just think that a lot of people haven't joined, they kind of hid the link on the Canvas page. The Canvas page has a lot more.why does it say 80 members? thought it would be closer to 150-200?
D
deleted1174679
Any new acceptances today ?
D
deleted1174679
Hopefully more movement off WL begins soon.....
leglesslobster4
Full Member
could an invitation for a Masters EAP program indicate higher position on the wait list?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just finished an informational session for the BTB innovation track and they said last year, they had 4 students accepted into their masters program that were later given seats in the medical school who went on to do M1 instead. Thought I’d share if anyone was wondering if accepting a masters program position was binding and excluded you from entering the medical school this cycle, it doesn’t.
D
deleted1174679
Also , if you don’t apply for any masters program you could still get accepted . Heard from couple students that are there as M1
dancingdoctor_
New Member
Just got off the AL! I'm going to accept the offer. Would anyone mind sending the link to the fb group and groupme? Thanks to everyone in this thread for support even though I've been a lurker for a minute 🙂 Wishing the best for all of you!
D
deleted1174679
Congratulations!!!! Are you OOS? What is your LizzyM if you don’t mind sharing ?Just got off the AL! I'm going to accept the offer. Would anyone mind sending the link to the fb group and groupme? Thanks to everyone in this thread for support even though I've been a lurker for a minute 🙂 Wishing the best for all of you!
dancingdoctor_
New Member
I am IS! LizzyM 67Congratulations!!!! Are you OOS? What is your lizzym if you don’t mind sharing ?
They still haven’t accepted my FB group request 😟 I’ll DM it thoughJust got off the AL! I'm going to accept the offer. Would anyone mind sending the link to the fb group and groupme? Thanks to everyone in this thread for support even though I've been a lurker for a minute 🙂 Wishing the best for all of you!
Congratulations classmate!
Last edited:
What was your interview date?I am IS! LizzyM 67
dancingdoctor_
New Member
Thank you!!They still haven’t accepted my FB group request 😟 I’ll DM it though
Congratulations classmate!
dancingdoctor_
New Member
I interviewed Feb 8What was your interview date?
D
deleted1174679
I hope notAre we reaching the dead end of any acceptances?
In general, significant movement is unlikely after a school’s CTE deadline has passed.Are we reaching the dead end of any acceptances?
DM’dHey guys. Made an account to say I got an OOS A a few days ago. It was after the CTE deadline so it's probably not over until July. LM 74.
Also, if anyone can send me the groupme link that'd be awesome. Don't have Facebook.
Can someone DM me the groupme as well? The admin won’t approve my FB group join request
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here if possibleCan someone DM me the groupme as well? The admin won’t approve my FB group join request
You have DMs turned off. Send me one and I’ll send.Can someone DM me the groupme as well? The admin won’t approve my FB group join request
doneSame here if possible
D
deleted1174679
Anyone have access to Canvas?? If so, is the class full?
I am not sure how many students NEOMED takes, but currently in Canvas, the class has 180 studentsAnyone have access to Canvas?? If so, is the class full?
D
deleted1174679
Thank youI am not sure how many students NEOMED takes, but currently in Canvas, the class has 180 students
Pre II R
Pre II R
Hmm. Did they say if their class is full and just a regular generous email?
+1Pre II R
It says "I regret to inform you that we have filled the incoming Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) class at Northeast Ohio Medical University for 2024."Hmm. Did they say if their class is full and just a regular generous email?
If you're on the WL, there could still be a chance
D
deleted1174679
I missed the virtual meeting today . Did you go? What did they sayGood luck in the new cycle and I am also reapplying though currently on WL. Very slim chances to come off of WL.
I missed the virtual meeting today . Did you go? What did they say
I did not attend. No idea
D
deleted1174679
Not yet, but I am sure it's coming. Did you get one?Has anyone post II AL received the R email?
No, just wanted to gauge where they are at.Not yet, but I am sure it's coming. Did you get one?
I have a similar feeling. Someone was accepted last year two weeks before the white coat ceremony, so they may have to keep an AL just in case, even if they’re full as of right now.My guess they will wait till the day before orientation to send AL related R emails
tommyboy2636
New Member
IS A this past Thursday morning. So excited. Could someone please DM me the GroupMe link? I don't have a facebook lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1174679
Yes, I'm sure people drop out last minute. Happens every year and they accept people through July. Here's hoping it happens soon. 🙂No, just wanted to gauge where they are at.
I have a similar feeling. Someone was accepted last year two weeks before the white coat ceremony, so they may have to keep an AL just in case, even if they’re full as of right now.
D
deleted1174679
Any new acceptances ?
leglesslobster4
Full Member
i don’t know anyone who has gotten accepted recently but EAP decisions come out soon for 2025Any new acceptances ?
Sukuna_12
New Member
If I got into one of the EAP programs since I’m on the MD alternate list, will I have to apply for NEOMED’s class of 2025 thru AMCAS? Or will I automatically be considered an applicant for the 2024-2025 cycle?i don’t know anyone who has gotten accepted recently but EAP decisions come out soon for 2025
They told us in a meeting that you will reapply, but they will let us know when and how. We don’t need any letters and when you reapply, it copies a lot of your answers from the previous year, (like classes, extra curricular etc.) so you don’t have to do nearly as much. They just want you to update your activities so they have accurate data on their entering class.If I got into one of the EAP programs since I’m on the MD alternate list, will I have to apply for NEOMED’s class of 2025 thru AMCAS? Or will I automatically be considered an applicant for the 2024-2025 cycle?