You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Northwestern
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1193118
mine arrived at the same time to the minute : )6:24am Pacific Time!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Worth applying here as a LM 72 as a reach?
cookiepearwatermelon
Full Member
OOS II LM 77 - 5 hours ago
Would you be ok sharing your complete date? Thanks in advance!
D
deleted1197696
+1 OOS II (submitted 7/13, LM ~81)
LilMJr
Full Member
Same, my heart skipped a beat for a second 😂that northwestern newsletter i just got was foul made me think it was an interview [emoji24]
D
deleted1116227
+1 newsletter this morning 8/16! So excited
Edit: OOS, submitted around 8/4, LM 79
Edit: OOS, submitted around 8/4, LM 79
southerncar
Full Member
That’s really high LM. Congrats. I am just writing the essay todayII like an hour ago OOS LM 83 submitted 7/1!!!
southerncar
Full Member
just let you guys know, I submitted NW secondary!
D
deleted1125342
Interesting I haven't heard about this not liking thank you letter thing 😳 anyone else?Does anyone know anything about the NW letter of continued interest, I’ve been told it’s been good to send one within one week of interview, and then maybe another one in a couple months? Because they don’t like thank you letters after the interview.
Not sure about the timing, but I wrote a couple letter of intent and updates and I honestly think thats why I got in. They definitely seem to like interest. I sent my first one after my interview in September and then another in February before the second round of decisions.Does anyone know anything about the NW letter of continued interest, I’ve been told it’s been good to send one within one week of interview, and then maybe another one in a couple months? Because they don’t like thank you letters after the interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1125342
Got it, that makes a lot of sense, thank you! A few questions:They actually specifically mention it in the interview. You can’t/shouldn’t email your interviewers to thank them. However, an M1 I know basically included a small thank you at the beginning of his continued interest letter, but that letter is still uploaded to the portal. You are permitted to email the interviewers to continue a conversation but that’s about it.
1) So is this letter of continued interest different than the letters of interest/intent that people usually talk about?
2) If I'm interviewing late-August, when should I send that letter?
3) If I plan on submitting updates too, should I include updates in the LOCI or do a separate submission?
1) It seems to be similar to the ones people usually talk about. But it seems like NW likes “love letters” like sending multiple throughout the cycle.Got it, that makes a lot of sense, thank you! A few questions:
1) So is this letter of continued interest different than the letters of interest/intent that people usually talk about?
2) If I'm interviewing late-August, when should I send that letter?
3) If I plan on submitting updates too, should I include updates in the LOCI or do a separate submission?
2) This is what I was also wondering about if anyone has any insights, based on what Mr. Present Row said I might send one in the next couple days because I already interviewed and then another towards the end of the year.
3) It seems like you can do either/or, I’m including them with but in the drop down on the application portal I think there was an option specifically for update instead of LOCI.
D
deleted1125342
Thank you so much!1) It seems to be similar to the ones people usually talk about. But it seems like NW likes “love letters” like sending multiple throughout the cycle.
2) This is what I was also wondering about if anyone has any insights, based on what Mr. Present Row said I might send one in the next couple days because I already interviewed and then another towards the end of the year.
3) It seems like you can do either/or, I’m including them with but in the drop down on the application portal I think there was an option specifically for update instead of LOCI.
efficientnet_b0
Full Member
IS II!!! holyyy I was not expecting this after how hard I got roasted the last time I applied here
LM 78, complete 7/03
LM 78, complete 7/03
Congrats!!!IS II!!! holyyy I was not expecting this after how hard I got roasted the last time I applied here
LM 78, complete 7/03
solarflare1230
Full Member
what do you mean roasted 😭IS II!!! holyyy I was not expecting this after how hard I got roasted the last time I applied here
LM 78, complete 7/03
Splogies
Full Member
you rock!!!IS II!!! holyyy I was not expecting this after how hard I got roasted the last time I applied here
LM 78, complete 7/03
efficientnet_b0
Full Member
I met with them for feedback and it was basically 15 minutes of stepping through each extracurricular and talking about how it was below average or “not enough hours so it’s weird you put it as meaningful” 😭😭 but I followed the advice and have a whole gap year of hours now so it workedwhat do you mean roasted 😭
D
deleted1125342
A bit of a neurotic question, they provided the emails of my interviewers, should I email them to continue a conversation? Like did they make their decisions already and therefore I shouldn't even bother if I don't have the time
averagepremed0101
MD Class of 2029
Maybe just a thank you letter with some stuff you guys talked about, other than that I wouldn't.A bit of a neurotic question, they provided the emails of my interviewers, should I email them to continue a conversation? Like did they make their decisions already and therefore I shouldn't even bother if I don't have the time
D
deleted1125342
Northwestern specifically says no thank you letters though...but I did end my interviews with questions they weren't able to fully answer because of the time limitMaybe just a thank you letter with some stuff you guys talked about, other than that I wouldn't.
averagepremed0101
MD Class of 2029
Oh oops 🤣 I don't think it's a bad idea, I just don't know if they'd prefer those questions go to them or to the admissions officeNorthwestern specifically says no thank you letters though...but I did end my interviews with questions they weren't able to fully answer because of the time limit
D
deleted1125342
No worries thank you for the advice!Oh oops 🤣 I don't think it's a bad idea, I just don't know if they'd prefer those questions go to them or to the admissions office
cookiepearwatermelon
Full Member
Anyone here had their interview yet? How was it?
I had mine about two weeks ago, it was very chill. Two faculty and one student, to be honest the student one wasn’t as engaging but the faculty ones I felt were pretty good. Only issue is the morning is kinda long with orientation and curriculum stuff.Anyone here had their interview yet? How was it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS II today!!
congrats! compelte date?OOS II today!!
I think I submitted first week of julycongrats! compelte date?
BlessTheMakerAndHisWater
Full Member
+1 OOS newsletter!!
Northwestern really wants us in their masters program 😍+1 OOS newsletter!!
Bless up my gmail sorts it to spam so I don't have the panic attackAlmost fell out of my chair this morning when I saw Northwestern sliding into my inbox, but then.. disappointment..😔
RedDevilz99
Full Member
IS, no newsletter received. Am I cooked?
LM 79, Height: 6'2", Bench: 225
LM 79, Height: 6'2", Bench: 225
Last edited:
RedSwinglineStapler
Full Member
Nah, just fried.IS, no newsletter received. Am I cooked?
LM 79, Height: 6'2", Bench: 225
Me either and LM: still calculating, Height: 5’7”, Bench: Park (Wooden, Concrete, Composite… not picky)
D
deleted1125342
semi-neurotic question but was this an august or september newsletter i don't see it in my inbox rip
meticulousex36
Full Member
glad to hear it went well! would you mind sharing if they were open vs closed file?
I also had three interviews — Student interview was closed, others were open.
Both of my faculty interviewers said they read my application but didn’t ask me anything specific about it. Just asked me to recap it in my own words and then we just riffed based on my first answer after that. Super conversational and relaxed.
Last edited:
NO WAYlol username twins!
Yeah, I agree with everyone that the NW interview was very conversational.
WOO! II just now!!! LM 80, complete July 8th
TheHelper74
Full Member
WOO! II just now!!! LM 80, complete July 8th
Congrats! You are killing it!
Splogies
Full Member
WOO! II just now!!! LM 80, complete July 8th
Crushing it!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
RedDevilz99
Full Member
What kind of black magic is in that application of yoursWOO! II just now!!! LM 80, complete July 8th
marmaladetoast
Full Member
hey all! do we think it's still worth it to submit a secondary here at this moment in time?
meticulousex36
Full Member
What kind of black magic is in that application of yours
It’s all those good vibes they’re putting out into the universe [emoji296]️
Congrats! You are killing it!
Crushing it!!
What kind of black magic is in that application of yours
Thank you all for the kind words!!! We’re all gonna have such a fantastic app cycle, I’m manifesting it 🏆It’s all those good vibes they’re putting out into the universe [emoji296]️
upperdeckystimmy
Full Member
+1 OOS II, LM 77, complete 7/6