You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 NYU (Grossman)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
PotatoBean
Full Member
IIRC they told interviewees that update letters should be sent before committees meet (this was same week as interview for me), and dean noted that other than that update letters hold little sway, aside from letters of intent late in the cycle (after April 29th).do you think sending an update letter now would have any impact on the decisions? im worried it might be too late already since they released acceptances in late december last year and then Rs and WLs in january
Has anyone who was admitted received info on the visit day in January? Also, does NYU send an official letter of acceptance via mail, and if so, how long did it take for it to arrive? It’s been about 6 weeks since I heard back about the A and I’m curious if there have been any recent communications[emoji848]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1185824
I haven't gotten anything, but I asked during the phone call and iirc it's the first weekend in January. I didn't write it down though so that might be incorrectHas anyone who was admitted received info on the visit day in January? Also, does NYU send an official letter of acceptance via mail, and if so, how long did it take for it to arrive? It’s been about 6 weeks since I heard back about the A and I’m curious if there have been any recent communications[emoji848]
virgil-hawkins
Full Member
They said it would be January 10th. Didn’t give more info besides thatHas anyone who was admitted received info on the visit day in January? Also, does NYU send an official letter of acceptance via mail, and if so, how long did it take for it to arrive? It’s been about 6 weeks since I heard back about the A and I’m curious if there have been any recent communications[emoji848]
Chickenpotpiesoup
Full Member
Apparently they had a t-shirt delay- should be in a few weeksHas anyone who was admitted received info on the visit day in January? Also, does NYU send an official letter of acceptance via mail, and if so, how long did it take for it to arrive? It’s been about 6 weeks since I heard back about the A and I’m curious if there have been any recent communications[emoji848]
amateurs140
Full Member
Friday the 13th today... stay strong!
Got the CR…at least it’s not a rejection (totally jinxing myself here)
aguacatemelon
Full Member
when was your interview?Got the CR…at least it’s not a rejection (totally jinxing myself here)
Chickenpotpiesoup
Full Member
Would people be interested in an accepted students groupme?
Oof, second or third week of November iirc?when was your interview?
D
deleted1177265
Would people be interested in an accepted students groupme?
Yes!
Chickenpotpiesoup
Full Member
sent accepted students a link! dm me if you want it!Yes!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
diditforthebay
New Member
Hi folks got the A yesterday! Absolutely astounded. Keep up the hope, there is a place in medicine for all of us!! (LM 76, Interviewed early November, non-trad). I was also on the CR for a month.
D
deleted1180326
congrats to the recent A's!!
did anyone who interviewed this past week have updates from the Thurs info session? interviewed early sept sigh
did anyone who interviewed this past week have updates from the Thurs info session? interviewed early sept sigh
Congrats! Did you send an update letter?I got the acceptance call yesterday (Dec 13th) after being on CR for three weeks. I interviewed late October. Shout-out to Dean Rivera!
Crown-Jewel
Full Member
I interviewed this last week, and Dead Rivera said he aims to have all acceptances extended by the end of December. He said that they will pull from CR list and from people that were recently interviewed. He also said that there will be a first-look day sometime at the beginning of January. As of last thursday (12/12/24) during the info session, he said he still needed to call about 60-70 people to extend acceptances.congrats to the recent A's!!
did anyone who interviewed this past week have updates from the Thurs info session? interviewed early sept sigh
As for all of the people on the CR list, if they aren't accepted, they can be put on the waitlist in January, but he said that not all CR peeps will be put on the waitlist. Come march-april, they will have another info session with anyone still on the waitlist to explain what the next steps may be. He said they do accept from the waitlist, but it varies every year. Those who aren't put on the waitlist in January will be rejected.
Hope this helps!
Last edited:
blondemedgal
New Member
Got put on CR three days ago after a Nov 19th interview. Do we think I still have some chance for an acceptance?
typically you wont hear anything until at least 3-4 weeks post IIAnyone that interviewed on 12/3 or 12/4 hear back yet?
hypergirllll
New Member
True but if all A calls are estimated to be done by end of December, I assume accepted students from both December interview cohorts will have to hear back sometime this month. I just wonder if they go in order and how it’ll work with all the holidays coming uptypically you wont hear anything until at least 3-4 weeks post II
blondemedgal
New Member
So no new acceptances in the past day or two that we have heard of? I'm wondering if they will call with new As this Friday 12/20
prettypickles
Full Member
Anyone neurotically refreshing this sdn page this week? Feeling: more hopeless by the minute 🙁
forumskeptic
Full Member
Man the phones!!
alehernan017
Full Member
I am in another country with no cellular signal, and I'm going to be depressed if Dean Rivera calls and I can't answer because of a weak connection 😭Man the phones!!
bloomingcactus
Full Member
Any A calls today? Or will they be next Friday...
eggfriedrice
Full Member
beginning to lose hope that basically all the As have already been sent
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
superexcitedyay
Full Member
probably misreported date[emoji2389] R on cycle tracker for [emoji2389][emoji2390]/[emoji2390]0
hypergirllll
New Member
Any A calls today? Or will they be next Friday...
Maybe in denial but I don't think so- if they have about 60-70 acceptances left to give (which was what they said last week), there have to be some more coming! Hoping we all hear good news🙂beginning to lose hope that basically all the As have already been sent
themahdscientist
New Member
Hi there everyone.
I don't mean to bother anyone but is it just me or is it that NYU Grossman School of Medicine's website is unreachable? The same goes for NYU Langone. I've been trying to apply for admission into the school for almost a month now, but the site doesn't get to load at all.
I will also appreciate whoever will take the time to explain to me the process to follow to apply for this admission as an international student (Nigeria) currently in the second year of study (Medicine and Surgery).
Thanks a whole bunch.
I don't mean to bother anyone but is it just me or is it that NYU Grossman School of Medicine's website is unreachable? The same goes for NYU Langone. I've been trying to apply for admission into the school for almost a month now, but the site doesn't get to load at all.
I will also appreciate whoever will take the time to explain to me the process to follow to apply for this admission as an international student (Nigeria) currently in the second year of study (Medicine and Surgery).
Thanks a whole bunch.
Terminator1134
Full Member
It’s too late to apply this year. Next June/july you need submit an application on AMCAS which includes your activities, personal statement/why you want to be a doctor, letters of recommendation, school transcripts showing you took bio/chem/phys/etc, MCAT score, and a list of schools you’re interested in including nyu grossman. Then if nyu is interested in you they will send you a request to submit more essays.Hi there everyone.
I don't mean to bother anyone but is it just me or is it that NYU Grossman School of Medicine's website is unreachable? The same goes for NYU Langone. I've been trying to apply for admission into the school for almost a month now, but the site doesn't get to load at all.
I will also appreciate whoever will take the time to explain to me the process to follow to apply for this admission as an international student (Nigeria) currently in the second year of study (Medicine and Surgery).
Thanks a whole bunch.
superexcitedyay
Full Member
CR 12/26... Interviewed 12/3
Last edited:
Oh boy here comes my post-II rejection!CR 12/26... Interviewed 12/16
Edit: Also thought 12/11 was the last interview day?
prettypickles
Full Member
CR interviewed in December
Terminator1134
Full Member
CR interviewed in December.
Terminator1134
Full Member
Yep, just got out on CR.Anyone that interviewed on 12/3 or 12/4 hear back yet?
prettypickles
Full Member
Do you think they gave CR to everyone who interviewed in December…?
superexcitedyay
Full Member
yes sorry wrong date.. lol interviewed 12/3Oh boy here comes my post-II rejection!
Edit: Also thought 12/11 was the last interview day?
Nope, I interviewed 12/11 and I have yet to hear anything.Do you think they gave CR to everyone who interviewed in December…?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
findingdorymed
Full Member
Anyone on MSTP CR heard back yet?
Crown-Jewel
Full Member
Congrats! What day did you interview?
nov 20Congrats! What day did you interview?
gimmetheguac
New Member
A little late to post but got the call around 4:45 today. Freaking out!!!! Interviewed 12/4
Last edited: