2024-2025 Oklahoma

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A phone calls are nice and all BUT... it can't possibly be so hard for OU to have also not already sent out one of their two form emails (WL or R) to all the folks on those lists. Leaving people clutching at their phones, and not letting them know where they stand ASAP, has been a poor way to wrap up an already disturbing cycle of endless misinformation, contradictions, changes and lest we forget...infamous "Future Doctor at OU" teaser swag.


Congrats to everyone who received the call 😊
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm also dying with anticipation. I would say I agree with other posters as far as keeping it positive here- I like to open this page without getting totally levelled by negative comments (again, I understand how taxing this is since I'm going through it too)
 
I called admissions to verify something unrelated and they mentioned that all rejections have already been sent out, so that's good news for most of us!
1738255452805.jpeg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I find it hard to believe all Rs have been sent out. I am OOS but worked in rural Oklahoma for 1.5 years and have been complete since 6/28. OU was my first secondary but with how long its been, I am sure it has to be an R coming my way.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if they're calling for rejections, or just emailing? If I get a call (fingers crossed), I don't want to pick up expecting an A and be blindsided haha
 
i wonder when the emails for WL will come out then if they are giving out acceptances this week and they claimed to have already sent out rejections?
I did call earlier today to inquire about a timeline (bc the last email had said mid-January) and I was told ALL decisions should be either communicated by email or phone by tomorrow, including R and WL. Not sure how reliable this is bc changes always happen last-minute though!
 
I did call earlier today to inquire about a timeline (bc the last email had said mid-January) and I was told ALL decisions should be either communicated by email or phone by tomorrow, including R and WL. Not sure how reliable this is bc changes always happen last-minute though!
did they happen to mention if there’d be more waves today? Or should we pack it up till tomorrow? 🙃
 
I am so sorry for anyone still waiting. I have friends now quite justifiably freaking out and they can't be alone. Sending out form emails already, for R and WL, would have been kinder and more professional for an institution claiming it is all about health and wellbeing. I couldn't care less what any randos think about me, and I am compelled to say that I strongly feel that my (for a little longer at least) home state's only M.D. school can and should do better.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So if admin claims are to be taken seriously, there are only As and Ws left since all the Rs have been allegedly sent out already?
Supposedly. I’m hoping there’s still A’s. Part of me is worried they finished yesterday, but I’m trying to stay hopeful! It’s hard for me to believe all R’s are really done since nobody on here has posted that they’ve received a post II R, only knowing of other people receiving one. It seems unlikely that every single one of us on here would get an A or WL lol. Unless the people receiving post II R’s just aren’t coming on here after getting a R which is fair.