2024-2025 Oklahoma

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yeah i'm sick and tired of their games, it's time to move on and be grateful about the other acceptances or interviews we have received other than OU, all the best to you all
Spot on! Friends are convinced the OU admissions bunch thinks they, "worked so hard this past week" that they closed early today to enjoy some extra "me time." They don't deserve another second of y'all's time.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A friend emailed an update letter today and they responded “all final admissions decisions for the 24-25 season will be shared in early February”

Looks like we won’t hear anything today.
 
Yeah I’m lowkey done with this school. Ima be honest, if you didn’t get an A this week, you’re probably a W at best.

I recommend everyone to shift their focus on their other options for this cycle. IF we somehow get an A call, then it’d be a much welcome surprise. But otherwise I think I’m peacing out.
 
That was a joke, but holy, I thought everything was finalized. I might hear from my Texas schools first lol
Not to be neurotic (pls no pressure to respond) but can I ask if you're OOS or IS for Oklahoma? I'm just trying to wrap my head around the mindset of the adcom if they're sending out secondaries this late, not interviews!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This OU admissions cycle went from confusing to conflicting to callously indifferent. No idea who set this tone, could be Board of Regents and/or Deans level for all anyone knows. Oklahomans voted for medical expansion in good faith. The school's general treatment of applicants, IS and OOS, though has seemingly not reflected that good faith now that it has new administrators and a big cash infusion... disgraceful.
 
A friend emailed an update letter today and they responded “all final admissions decisions for the 24-25 season will be shared in early February”

Looks like we won’t hear anything today.
February is insane. Especially because the Plan to Enroll tool opens 02/19. That doesn’t give people a lot of time to make considerations and narrow down decisions.
 
Hoping for lots of waitlist mobility for you all!! (Assuming there will be!) Was it a mass email? Wondering what it means if I didn’t get one. Maybe after all this it’ll be an R.
 
Hoping for lots of waitlist mobility for you all!! (Assuming there will be!) Was it a mass email? Wondering what it means if I didn’t get one. Maybe after all this it’ll be an R.
Not sure if it was a mass email. I got mine at 4:52. Hoping you get a WL email or who knows maybe an A if they’re not done with calls!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At this point I am also anticipating a WL or an R, but on the off chance that there's still hope (I'm fr cooked)... does the Tulsa SCM campus call for an A separate from the OKC call?
 
OOS WL @ 6:45 Oklahoma time. Interviewed 12/8.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nvm lol. IS WL :,) I interviewed 1/8. For anyone curious, if you apply for both OKC and Tulsa, they give you the option to accept a waitlist offer for both tracks OR only one of them
 
At the campus tour in January Jessica told me they expect more movement in the waitlist than previous years. Again, take it with a grain of salt, but I figured I'd share.
How much is 'more than previous years' considering that MSAR says they accepted 55 out of the 60 they waitlisted?
 
Welp it was an honor ****posting here friends. See you again around the beginning of May when the waitlist starts to move ❤️

1738374704201.png
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At this point I am also anticipating a WL or an R, but on the off chance that there's still hope (I'm fr cooked)... does the Tulsa SCM campus call for an A separate from the OKC call?
I was offered admission to both OKC and Tulsa in the same phone call. I would assume this is the case since you have to be accepted to the OKC campus before you are considered for the SCM tract. When you accept the offer, you have to choose which location you are accepting the offer from. Thankfully OU does not require any deposit which is very awesome.
 
when was this data reported from? last cycle? i wonder if this is actually true. i have a feeling they waitlisted a lot more people this cycle since there is a lot more OOS this year.
yeah it's from last year. OU used to only interview 300 people for 170ish spots, which made the interview more valuable than it was this year.

I'm also waitlisted, so I'd love for them to have a 90% waitlist conversion rate like past years, but I highly doubt that's the case