You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Oklahoma
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Only admin claims that. Why would we make it up? So bizarre.Mixed info about whether or not admin told people their scores at the tours. Some people claim that they got their scores, while others claim that admin never did that.
Yeah I'm convinced they regret telling people their scores and now claim that it never happened so people in future tours won't ask them about it.Only admin claims that. Why would we make it up? So bizarre.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know one person who got accepted, and they got the call right before noon.Those of you that got accepted, did they call in the morning or afternoon?
MythicalSims
Full Member
today?I know one person who got accepted, and they got the call right before noon.
No. October 16th.today?
luckylucy132
Full Member
I think this is the week they’re making more acceptance calls- supposedly!I am thinking it’s over for me. Haven’t heard back since September so
luckylucy132
Full Member
Oh I just saw that somebody reported an acceptance on cycle track yesterday, Nov 4! Anybody here get a call yesterday?
I know a few people who interviewed in August with high stats that haven't heard back yet so I think it's far from over.I am thinking it’s over for me. Haven’t heard back since September so
I didnt find out until decemberI am thinking it’s over for me. Haven’t heard back since September so
When was your interview?I didnt find out until december
i interviewed in october, this was like four years ago tho lolWhen was your interview?
Der_Ubermensch1
Full Member
At this point, there's nothing we can do and we should all just relax. No need to stress out.Did nobody here know of anybody or get an acceptance on Monday? I’m confused by the one acceptance marked on Cycle track if nobody here heard anything. It’s making me nervous that they already called everybody above the 85 score mark?
They def haven't called or made a decision on everyone above 85, there is still a good amount of time.Did nobody here know of anybody or get an acceptance on Monday? I’m confused by the one acceptance marked on Cycle track if nobody here heard anything. It’s making me nervous that they already called everybody above the 85 score mark?
The one acceptance on Cycle track could have been someone who selected the wrong date, someone who is trolling, etc. Even if the acceptance was legit, there is no guarantee that the person on Cycle track uses SDN, nor are they obligated to tell everyone about their A if they do. Worrying about it won't increase your chances of getting in.Did nobody here know of anybody or get an acceptance on Monday? I’m confused by the one acceptance marked on Cycle track if nobody here heard anything. It’s making me nervous that they already called everybody above the 85 score mark?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Der_Ubermensch1
Full Member
The admissions faculty member seemed to have indicated that the next wave of acceptance calls will be coming out in December.
luckylucy132
Full Member
During the tour on 10/18 they were told there would be a batch of November acceptances (around 2+ weeks from the date of the tour). So first week of November. If they already did that, it wouldn’t surprise me if the next batch is in December. But idk if they accepted anybody or not already for November. I can’t keep speculating because every time I think I know what the timeline is I’m wrong haha.did you speak to someone recently about this? do you know if more acceptance calls will be coming out in November?
How do you keep getting info from admin? Do you just email them and ask directly?The admissions faculty member seemed to have indicated that the next wave of acceptance calls will be coming out in December.
Der_Ubermensch1
Full Member
Email and they occasionally come to my university to speak. They said that the admissions board has to unanimously come to an agreement on acceptances before they started calling again.How do you keep getting info from admin? Do you just email them and ask directly?
In response to the person who asked about acceptances on Monday: I know two people who got in this week! I think it was around that day. Not sure of their stats.
Admit.org shows one person who got in Monday (11/04) who had a 521 MCAT and 4.0 GPAIn response to the person who asked about acceptances on Monday: I know two people who got in this week! I think it was around that day. Not sure of their stats.
do you know when they both interviewed?In response to the person who asked about acceptances on Monday: I know two people who got in this week! I think it was around that day. Not sure of their stats.
rootsmagoo
Full Member
People who interviewed anywhere from Aug-Oct have received acceptances so far. When you interviewed is not as important as how the interview went. I'm a 515 MCAT and in-state resident and haven't heard a peep. I know others in the same boat. The interview clearly didn't go as well as I thought, plus there is no in-state bias so who knows how they're doing this. For all we know, they could be pulling primarily from the out-of-state pool to increase tuition now. Whatever way they're doing it, it's unfortunate for those of us who wanted to stay in our home state.do you know when they both interviewed?
MythicalSims
Full Member
seems like I'm going to OSU at this rate. OU is my top choice but I'm starting to lose hope. I want to stay in-state so I will likely commit to OSU if I do not hear back before April.People who interviewed anywhere from Aug-Oct have received acceptances so far. When you interviewed is not as important as how the interview went. I'm a 515 MCAT and in-state resident and haven't heard a peep. I know others in the same boat. The interview clearly didn't go as well as I thought, plus there is no in-state bias so who knows how they're doing this. For all we know, they could be pulling primarily from the out-of-state pool to increase tuition now. Whatever way they're doing it, it's unfortunate for those of us who wanted to stay in our home state.
I wouldn't go as far as saying there's no in-state bias. I know that the 25% cap has been removed, but I don't see them taking >50% OOS students or anything like that. I will admit that it's really devastating to hear that there's no OOS cap as an Oklahoma resident, especially since most other state schools do have caps on their OOS admissions and Oklahoma already has a major physician shortage.People who interviewed anywhere from Aug-Oct have received acceptances so far. When you interviewed is not as important as how the interview went. I'm a 515 MCAT and in-state resident and haven't heard a peep. I know others in the same boat. The interview clearly didn't go as well as I thought, plus there is no in-state bias so who knows how they're doing this. For all we know, they could be pulling primarily from the out-of-state pool to increase tuition now. Whatever way they're doing it, it's unfortunate for those of us who wanted to stay in our home state.
Same. 514 IS Sep interview and still haven’t heard anything. It is what it is though.seems like I'm going to OSU at this rate. OU is my top choice but I'm starting to lose hope. I want to stay in-state so I will likely commit to OSU if I do not hear back before April.
Der_Ubermensch1
Full Member
They also mentioned that they’re giving out a lot of in-state tuition for out of staters this cycle. I’m not sure why they’re hiking up the OOS population this time around, but money’s certainly not the primary motivator. Maybe they want to increase their average GPA and MCAT.
Really? Pretty brutal for the in-state people.They also mentioned that they’re giving out a lot of in-state tuition for out of staters this cycle. I’m not sure why they’re hiking up the OOS population this time around, but money’s certainly not the primary motivator. Maybe they want to increase their average GPA and MCAT.
Hey guys, I would not worry so much about it. I interviewed 10/20 and also have not heard anything about an A. I remember being worried about my MCAT score as it is below 510, but admissions told me I am competitive for in-state. Therefore, I am sure IS bias is still a thing, or else I would have needed to retake it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I highly doubt they're doing that to increase average GPA and MCAT. I know a few people (including myself) who are IS, interviewed 08/28, and have 512+ MCAT and a 4.0 GPA, but have not heard back yet.They also mentioned that they’re giving out a lot of in-state tuition for out of staters this cycle. I’m not sure why they’re hiking up the OOS population this time around, but money’s certainly not the primary motivator. Maybe they want to increase their average GPA and MCAT.
LtApplication Person
Full Member
Since interviews are going until January, I imagine the schedule of this years A’s will be different from last years. I am in state with a 4 Gpa and 515+ and I haven’t heard back either
KeyTrudaMan
New Member
+1 for this boatSince interviews are going until January, I imagine the schedule of this years A’s will be different from last years. I am in state with a 4 Gpa and 515+ and I haven’t heard back either
Expertofbooks
Full Member
+1 for this boat+1 for this boat
Der_Ubermensch1
Full Member
It's pretty wicked to call a couple of students per week instead of all at once.
I'm not sure, sorry!do you know when they both interviewed?
I spoke to Dustye Bailey yesterday and she confirmed that, because interviews are continuing through January this year, admin does not plan to have a class finalized until March this cycle.Since interviews are going until January, I imagine the schedule of this years A’s will be different from last years. I am in state with a 4 Gpa and 515+ and I haven’t heard back either
luckylucy132
Full Member
Looks like they’re making more calls today. Maybe todays the day for some of us🥂🤞
iconicapp123
Full Member
Did someone get a call?Looks like they’re making more calls today. Maybe todays the day for some of us🥂🤞
Did someone get a call?
Exactly what I'm also wondering lol
Funtimesahead
Full Member
Someone put it on cycletrack which also says someone got waitlisted 2 days ago so who knows if thats true. I was told no one would be waitlisted till mid December at least.
I feel like someone just misclicked that because I don't think they start waitlisting this early. With that being said, nobody knows because this cycle has been absolutely wild with all the changes admin's been making.Someone put it on cycletrack which also says someone got waitlisted 2 days ago so who knows if thats true. I was told no one would be waitlisted till mid December at least.
TheBolter07
Full Member
OOS A!
luckylucy132
Full Member
Congrats!! Did you hear this morning?OOS A!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Der_Ubermensch1
Full Member
I'm sensing a shift in OU prioritizing OOS students over IS, a complete 180 from what they're historically known for.
TheBolter07
Full Member
Congrats!! Did you hear this morning?
Last night!
Dustye Bailey explicitly told me that OU is prioritizing OOS this year to try to raise their stats; she literally said that "there aren't enough high stat people in Oklahoma." With that being said, I know a bunch of IS people with high stats who haven't gotten in yet so I don't know exactly what they're looking for.I'm sensing a shift in OU prioritizing OOS students over IS, a complete 180 from what they're historically known for.
If you don't mind, can you tell us when you interviewed?Last night!
Der_Ubermensch1
Full Member
It’s pretty irritating to know that they’re prioritizing OOS students that will probably never return to Oklahoma to practice over qualified IS students.Dustye Bailey explicitly told me that OU is prioritizing OOS this year to try to raise their stats; she literally said that "there aren't enough high stat people in Oklahoma." With that being said, I know a bunch of IS people with high stats who haven't gotten in yet so I don't know exactly what they're looking for.