You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Oklahoma
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
From what they explained yesterday in person, it all seems like it comes down to your score-- 90 and above is an acceptance and after this round of interviews it moves down to an 85 and above. They seemed like they were trying to keep it as open as they could for later interviews but idkDoes anyone know if after a certain point in interviews, you’re only interviewing for a WL position?
They didn’t give any specifics on that. They did say 60% of the score is your interview and 40% is the rest.Did they say what a 90+ point application looks like?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lowlysurgeon11
New Member
Depends. What are your stats?Does anyone know if after a certain point in interviews, you’re only interviewing for a WL position?
As someone who got a call last week, I had a lower MCAT (506) so was worried but apparently that isn’t a huge factor since I did get the call! I had high clinical and volunteer hours tho and felt good abt my interview so those probably were weighted heavierDid they say what a 90+ point application looks like?
Interview is 60%As someone who got a call last week, I had a lower MCAT (506) so was worried but apparently that isn’t a huge factor since I did get the call! I had high clinical and volunteer hours tho and felt good abt my interview so those probably were weighted heavier
At the tour, they said they’d had 10 in the past but this year they increased it to 18 and are now doing interviews through January. They had specific numbers and there were several members from admissions there so can’t imagine that’s incorrect.also i think someone said on here that admissions interviewed 600 people this cycle when they went on the tour, but i met with someone from admissions a few weeks ago and they said they have 10 interview days, each with 30 people for this cycle?
Might depend on your score - once they have that for you, it’s clearly all that matters and you’re on a list of ranked people. They did say people usually hear within a month if it’s a direct acceptance, though maybe if your score is high enough, you’ll hear sooner. 90 and above get offers, 85 and up will start getting offers two weeks from now. After that, 80 and up MAY be waitlisted. Rejections will start going out in late December and/or January.same MCAT score, I interviewed October 16. i wonder when i'll find out, do you all think at least 2 weeks or closer to a month?
Congrats! Are you in state or out of state?As someone who got a call last week, I had a lower MCAT (506) so was worried but apparently that isn’t a huge factor since I did get the call! I had high clinical and volunteer hours tho and felt good abt my interview so those probably were weighted heavier
Also says it here. The admissions person with whom we spoke said they were interviewing 615. Admissionsalso i think someone said on here that admissions interviewed 600 people this cycle when they went on the tour, but i met with someone from admissions a few weeks ago and they said they have 10 interview days, each with 30 people for this cycle?
Der_Ubermensch1
Full Member
Seems like they're calling the above 90 pointers and emailing the rest of us.When you get the acceptance or waitlist notification, do they call or email you? I'm hearing call from most people.
I think it's a call for anyone accepted, it's just that if you're below 90 points, they're taking longer to get backSeems like they're calling the above 90 pointers and emailing the rest of us.
I wore slacks and a dress up shirt as a male. I saw females also wear dress pants like slacks and a dress blouse.What did you guys wear to the tour?
How many people do you figure they have accepted by now?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
iconicapp123
Full Member
Has anyone who interviewed at OU Tulsa heard back?
In state!Congrats! Are you in state or out of state?
Quick question - If I am only interested in Tulsa track, is it still the case that you have to be accepted to OU COM first to get into OU Tulsa track?Has anyone who interviewed at OU Tulsa heard back?
iconicapp123
Full Member
Yes! You have to be accepted to OU COM.Quick question - If I am only interested in Tulsa track, is it still the case that you have to be accepted to OU COM first to get into OU Tulsa track?You have to
Oklahoma does rolling admissions, so yes.do you guys think there really is a benefit of applying and interviewing early?
Der_Ubermensch1
Full Member
If you think you scored above a 90 overall then yes, you could've been in the 85-80 point range and just haven't received a call yet.Should I be worried if I was in the 1st interview group and was not one of the first group of acceptances?
They were telling people their scores at the in-person tours, but I would be cautious about asking through email because it just seems unprofessional.Do y'all think it is wrong to ask what score we got? I have heard of people asking, but I do not want to be too inquired.
Thank you. It's hard to say, I thought the interview went well, but I have no idea how that translates to the score. Also, do you or anyone else know the typical acceptance release schedule? Once a month? Once every couple of weeks?If you think you scored above a 90 overall then yes, you could've been in the 85-80 point range and just haven't received a call yet.
Thank you!They were telling people their scores at the in-person tours, but I would be cautious about asking through email because it just seems unprofessional.
LtApplication Person
Full Member
Last year’s data on cycle tracker sees to suggest that there may be another round on NovemberThank you. It's hard to say, I thought the interview went well, but I have no idea how that translates to the score. Also, do you or anyone else know the typical acceptance release schedule? Once a month? Once every couple of weeks?
Last cycle the first two waves were on October 12th and November 1st. This cycle the first wave was on October 16th and I'm sure there'll be at least one more in November.Last year’s data on cycle tracker sees to suggest that there may be another round on November
The admissions lady said 85-90 would likely get calls in a couple of weeks (from last weekend’s tour). She also said that a couple of weeks after that, 80-84 might start getting waitlist notifications but they won’t be getting offers of admission right now. And because they’ve increased their interviews so drastically, they may not all get waitlisted. She was pretty clear about the number scale and how that works. That saying about you’re just a number is real. 🤣If you think you scored above a 90 overall then yes, you could've been in the 85-80 point range and just haven't received a call yet.
To add to this, it sounded like the couple of weeks period should be right around when the current wave of interview dates are over.The admissions lady said 85-90 would likely get calls in a couple of weeks (from last weekend’s tour). She also said that a couple of weeks after that, 80-84 might start getting waitlist notifications but they won’t be getting offers of admission right now. And because they’ve increased their interviews so drastically, they may not all get waitlisted. She was pretty clear about the number scale and how that works. That saying about you’re just a number is real. 🤣
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
rootsmagoo
Full Member
So who has the cajones to find out their number first? The wait is killing me.
iconicapp123
Full Member
Does ou med make all the calls in one day? Or did they call people throughout the whole week
I believe they make them all in one day, based on last year's SDN.Does ou med make all the calls in one day? Or did they call people throughout the whole week
MythicalSims
Full Member
It's nerve-wracking not knowing my score, haha. I know my MCAT is on the lower side(505), but I felt extremely well during my interview, and I have a lot of clinical hours and volunteer work and whatnot. I don't know, man. This process is so stressful.
Der_Ubermensch1
Full Member
Relax, OU has a mandatory 75% in-state class and a historically 90% in-state class. We'll be fine.It's nerve-wracking not knowing my score, haha. I know my MCAT is on the lower side(505), but I felt extremely well during my interview, and I have a lot of clinical hours and volunteer work and whatnot. I don't know, man. This process is so stressful.
At the in person tour day, I think they mentioned that the 25% cap on out of state students was removed.Relax, OU has a mandatory 75% in-state class and a historically 90% in-state class. We'll be fine.
They did say the interview carried greater weight than just the stats (about 60/40) so I'm sure you'll be fine!It's nerve-wracking not knowing my score, haha. I know my MCAT is on the lower side(505), but I felt extremely well during my interview, and I have a lot of clinical hours and volunteer work and whatnot. I don't know, man. This process is so stressful.
MythicalSims
Full Member
how can they remove that cap?? Isn't that like a state law? Also, OU is in the interest of producing more Oklahoma doctors right?At the in person tour day, I think they mentioned that the 25% cap on out of state students was removed.
They did say the interview carried greater weight than just the stats (about 60/40) so I'm sure you'll be fine!
Der_Ubermensch1
Full Member
Yeah, I don't think that's correct.how can they remove that cap?? Isn't that like a state law? Also, OU is in the interest of producing more Oklahoma doctors right?
I think the 25% cap might have been just a recommendation by the state regents and not an actual law. I'm pretty sure the HSC admissions website used to mention the 25% cap but I can't find it anywhere now, so I think it might actually just have been removed.how can they remove that cap?? Isn't that like a state law? Also, OU is in the interest of producing more Oklahoma doctors right?
fluppy
Full Member
I don’t believe they’ve removed the cap, it is still mentioned in the OUCOM interest tour slides they emailed out. My guess with the whole doubling the interviews given is to capture a wider range of OS applicants. I don’t think / hope it will affect IS applicants too much. Just speculation though…how can they remove that cap?? Isn't that like a state law? Also, OU is in the interest of producing more Oklahoma doctors right?
luckylucy132
Full Member
I’m OOS and haven’t heard back yet. I interviewed 9/12. I know someone who toured last week though and they were also told that the OOS cap was being removed though too and they seemed to suggest they’d be admitting more OOS. I’m not sure though.Have any OOS applicants heard back post-interview? I interviewed on 9/22 and haven’t gotten any news…the increased number of interviews is freaking me out!!
I'm looking at the most recent slides they emailed out, I see that they did remove it. Do we have different ones?I don’t believe they’ve removed the cap, it is still mentioned in the OUCOM interest tour slides they emailed out. My guess with the whole doubling the interviews given is to capture a wider range of OS applicants. I don’t think / hope it will affect IS applicants too much. Just speculation though…
same i was told they removed the cap and are admitting a lot more OOS. i interviewed october 16, probably won't hear back for another few weeks or soI'm looking at the most recent slides they emailed out, I see that they did remove it. Do we have different ones?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
fluppy
Full Member
I guess so, does that mean they decided to change it recently?I'm looking at the most recent slides they emailed out, I see that they did remove it. Do we have different ones?
Attachments
You might be looking at one of the older slides they accidently emailed out.I guess so, does that mean they decided to change it recently?
Attachments
LtApplication Person
Full Member
You might be looking at one of the older slides they accidently emailed ou
OU College of Medicine Policy This is the policy for admissions which states 25% is the maximum for out of stateAt the in person tour day, I think they mentioned that the 25% cap on out of state students was removed.
They did say the interview carried greater weight than just the stats (about 60/40) so I'm sure you'll be fine!
The document you linked was last reviewed in 2021 (it says it on the bottom of the page). The image Khazan sent is from a tour this year so it's likely more accurate.OU College of Medicine Policy This is the policy for admissions which states 25% is the maximum for out of state
Also, the document you linked says that "College of Medicine (COM) Admissions Board ... Will adhere to all published AAMC and AMCAS® admissions policies and procedures" even though they violated AAMC traffic rules last year by giving out acceptances on October 12th, which is before when AAMC allows; I don't think the document really matters.
It would suck for the in-state students if this is true. I saw in the earlier tours that they would accept a maximum of 25% out of state but this doesn’t look to be the case anymore.