You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Pennsylvania (Perelman)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1180326
at what point do i consider sending an update letter (new activities that have a similar theme to the ones on my AMCAS, a new project in my lab)
I started a new position so I am thinking of sending an update letter too. It may be early but I think it would be worth it to send one!at what point do i consider sending an update letter (new activities that have a similar theme to the ones on my AMCAS, a new project in my lab)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1180326
if anyone who received an II this week could comment on how far theyre scheduling up to thatd be much appreciated!
Cobie
Full Member
extremely grateful to have received one this week and scheduled in end of october! (about 2 weeks out from invite)if anyone who received an II this week could comment on how far theyre scheduling up to thatd be much appreciated!
D
deleted1180326
congrats and thank you for lmk!extremely grateful to have received one this week and scheduled in end of october! (about 2 weeks out from invite)
tarkovskiyeva
Full Member
+1 OOS II, complete 7/30
Congrats! Did it come today?+1 OOS II, complete 7/30
tarkovskiyeva
Full Member
Thank you! It came on Wednesday :>Congrats! Did it come today?
brainrottt
Full Member
OOS II today!! Complete early-mid July!
I am definitely overthinking this, but for the headshot, it says it should be from the waist up. The headshot I have is shoulders up--is that fine or should I find/take another photo from the waist up?
Shoulders up is fine! Mine was like that and they didn’t say anything on interview day
Shoulders up is fine! Mine was like that and they didn’t say anything on interview day
Thank you!!
D
deleted1194639
OOS II! Submitted 7/16
Super grateful for the interview but does anyone know if getting an invite with such a large gap indicative of anything? If it's helpful context, I'm an ORM out-of-state.
Super grateful for the interview but does anyone know if getting an invite with such a large gap indicative of anything? If it's helpful context, I'm an ORM out-of-state.
A large gap of what?OOS II! Submitted 7/16
Super grateful for the interview but does anyone know if getting an invite with such a large gap indicative of anything? If it's helpful context, I'm an ORM out-of-state.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1194639
Between the submission date and invitation date. I know it's a speculative question but would appreciate insight if there is any.A large gap of what?
newkungfukenny
Full Member
its pretty common for july submissions to be getting interviews right about now lolBetween the submission date and invitation date. I know it's a speculative question but would appreciate insight if there is any.
It's irrelevant to your chances of success. This school has only been inviting since SeptemberBetween the submission date and invitation date. I know it's a speculative question but would appreciate insight if there is any.
D
deleted1116227
good ****, mcatbroonetwothreeOOS II LM seventy eight Complete July seventeenth
PotatoBean
Full Member
It's indicative that you got a II. 🙂OOS II! Submitted 7/16
Super grateful for the interview but does anyone know if getting an invite with such a large gap indicative of anything? If it's helpful context, I'm an ORM out-of-state.
Youkilledkenny
New Member
IS II, secondary complete 07/20
newkungfukenny
Full Member
what do you mean by "youkilledkenny"?IS II, secondary complete 07/20
toastyapple
New Member
OOS II!
eggfriedrice
Full Member
OOS II here too!
Is there supposed to be a submission confirmation for the headshot? I click submit and nothing happens.
virgil-hawkins
Full Member
OOS II just now, LM 80 and complete 7/13
meticulousex36
Full Member
OOS II this morning, complete 7/11 (scheduling in early December🙂
D
deleted1180326
OOS II this morning, complete 7/11 (scheduling in early December🙂
congrats! did you guys send update letters?+1 OOS II, 7/12 complete. 🙂
OOS II today at 10:52AM EST. Complete 6/30. Kinda shocked lol
OOS II Today Complete 7/18 LM 82
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow!!! Did you send an update?OOS II today at 10:52AM EST. Complete 6/30. Kinda shocked lol
Nope. Not a ting. Patience is a virtue 🤌Wow!!! Did you send an update?
newkungfukenny
Full Member
Can you send pre II updates/LOI here?
I believe you can send an updateCan you send pre II updates/LOI here?
coolcloud17
Full Member
OOS II. Complete 8/7
Sisyphus's Rock
Full Member
+1 OOS II, Completed 07/02, LM 77
I completely gave up on this school LMAO. Congrats to everyone who received an interview today. Excited to meet you guys on interview day 🙂
I completely gave up on this school LMAO. Congrats to everyone who received an interview today. Excited to meet you guys on interview day 🙂
CharismaticTypist
Full Member
+1 OOS II, Completed 07/02, LM 77
I completely gave up on this school LMAO. Congrats to everyone who received an interview today. Excited to meet you guys on interview day 🙂
Congratulations! It's refreshing to hear they're still sending interviews to people complete in July. Perelman was the first secondary I submitted, on 07/13, and I haven't heard back yet—hoping for good news soon

OOS II!!! Super thrilled and excited 😍!
CONGRATS the one and only Mr. Macrophage!!! You are gonna kill it
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you!!! Y’all are so encouraging! I hope we end up classmates somewhere 🫶CONGRATS the one and only Mr. Macrophage!!! You are gonna kill it
D
deleted1116227
goat.OOS II!!! Super thrilled and excited 😍!
That means a lot, coming from Interview Harvester’s twin 🏆👑goat.
OMG congrats!!!! Remember me when you’re famous 😛
scientistabc
Full Member
do you have a list of schools that take letters of itnerestdid anyone that got interview find that success after sending a letter of continued interest?
also any other schools that accept continued interest letters that I could be missing? I see Duke allows document uploads for updates but idk if that includes continued interest as well
There's a section on each school's MSAR profile about whether they take letters or not! If you don't happen to use MSAR: Columbia, Harvard, Duke, and Penn accept letters. Hopkins accepts them only after II, Stanford only after II + Stanford only takes updates, no interest/intent letters. I've been working with some other applicants to create a consolidated spreadsheet with this and other relevant admissions info, but we're not finished yet. I'd be happy to share what we have once it's more filled out!that's what im asking 😂
I only know Penn after looking through threads last year (out of columbia/harvard/stanford/duke/penn/hopkins). don't know about the others
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dayoneofmedicine
Full Member
Does anyone know what's the split of students getting the 21st Century Scholarship?
According to the website, approximately 34 students receive it, and Penn’s class size is 157, so that would be ~21.7%!Does anyone know what's the split of students getting the 21st Century Scholarship?
krispykremes4life
Full Member
Any more II’s?
Mine is coming soon!Any more II’s?