2023-2024 Pennsylvania (Perelman)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have they all been announced, any way to know?
If you were born in 1999 or earlier, probably not qualified to be a 21st century scholar unfortunately

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Fin aid director emailed me and said that you can get up to 30k a year beyond tuition expenses if you get the scholarship + aid

Fin aid director emailed me and said that you can get up to 30k a year beyond tuition expenses if you get the scholarship + aid
up to 30k flat, or up to their stated living expenses in their cost of attendance breakdown?

has anyone's fafsa been processed yet? mines been in review for a couple weeks now.

has anyone's fafsa been processed yet? mines been in review for a couple weeks now.
I submitted my FAFSA on January 2nd, and it's still not been processed. I called a few days ago, and they said they only started processing them the first week of March. Hopefully, they'll process them soon though!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone share what the class structure is like for penn? Is it mandatory classes, small group, or recorded lectures we can watch later?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone share what the class structure is like for penn? Is it mandatory classes, small group, or recorded lectures we can watch later?
I spoke with a current student (M1) and they said that there are some small group based mandatory sessions, but the lectures are recorded and attendance is not required.

Last edited:
I spoke with a current student (M1) and they said that there are some class group based mandatory sessions, but the lectures are recorded and attendance is not required.
There are small groups formed that do activities together.

anyone know if they offer merit scholarships to students off the wiatlist?

anyone know if they offer merit scholarships to students off the wiatlist?
Highly unlikely to have any merit scholarships available but need based should usually be available.

This is the time many of the admitted people will already be trying to get their scholarships elsewhere matched if they have not received any and dont expect any need based aid.

Highly unlikely to have any merit scholarships available but need based should usually be available.

This is the time many of the admitted people will already be trying to get their scholarships elsewhere matched if they have not received any and dont expect any need based aid.
Have all scholarships already been awarded? Do any come with the financial aid packages?

Have all scholarships already been awarded? Do any come with the financial aid packages?
Students have negotiated some scholarships in the past even when they have not been awarded one based on their other offers. An example would be someone getting into UCSF or UCLA as instate being cheaper than Penn at full price.

Financial aid is strictly based on the CSS profile.

Students have negotiated some scholarships in the past even when they have not been awarded one based on their other offers. An example would be someone getting into UCSF or UCLA as instate being cheaper than Penn at full price.

Financial aid is strictly based on the CSS profile.
Right, thanks. I guess I'm still wondering: if we haven't already received a scholarship notice from Penn, do we know for sure that we are not receiving one (without some negotiation, potentially)?

Right, thanks. I guess I'm still wondering: if we haven't already received a scholarship notice from Penn, do we know for sure that we are not receiving one (without some negotiation, potentially)?
It's possible that if students with merit scholarships go elsewhere, their scholarships will be offered to others. At this point, however, I'd expect all the scholarships to have been distributed, but it's impossible to know without asking the financial aid department. You should reach out if you're concerned.

Since it is end of March, I would expect all scholarships have been distributed (it seems to have started within 3 days of admissions based on this thread).

Since it is end of March, I would expect all scholarships have been distributed (it seems to have started within 3 days of admissions based on this thread).
It's just 21st century right? Or do they do more

I think that all of the 21st century have been given out, but more (smaller) scholarships are forthcoming
If I am not mistaken, they officially only have 21st century and the smaller ones are given primarily to those who have situations where the price tag difference might drive them somewhere else that Penn feels they compete against.

Does anyone know when financial aid packages will be sent out?? Or if they match other schools offers. Not the 21st century scholars.

Does anyone know what waitlist movement looks like here? I'm assuming none at all... but why not hope?

If someone with the 21st Century Scholarship declines their admissions offer, does the scholarship get redistributed to other admitted students?

Do any current students know if Penn students get free or discounted public transport?

Idk if yall are at second look rn but Penn kind of POPPED OFF with their music video this year thought I had to share 😭

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Any indications of how many students were admitted/what the waitlist movement is going to be like this year?

Any indications of how many students were admitted/what the waitlist movement is going to be like this year?
Based on what I sense the class should be close to full. They stopped adjusting financial packages which tells me that they are comfortable with their yield.

So you don’t think there will be any WL movement ??

I am just an accepted student so I do not know. The accepted student groupme has about 170 students still in there, but many of them could have chosen another school and just not left the chat. There could still be some movement.

I am just an accepted student so I do not know. The accepted student groupme has about 170 students still in there, but many of them could have chosen another school and just not left the chat. There could still be some movement.
Does that also include current students?