You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Pennsylvania (Perelman)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes, under the financial aid tab in the admissions decision section. It shows up as a bar on the top of that page.Does it show up in the AMP portal by any chance?
Bizarre_Animation
Full Member
Oh wow this came out a lot sooner compared to past years
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
eatyourapples
Full Member
has anyone's fafsa been processed yet? mines been in review for a couple weeks now.
I submitted my FAFSA on January 2nd, and it's still not been processed. I called a few days ago, and they said they only started processing them the first week of March. Hopefully, they'll process them soon though!has anyone's fafsa been processed yet? mines been in review for a couple weeks now.
FAFSA Processed, Submitted 1/1
lychee.jelly.
Full Member
Can anyone share what the class structure is like for penn? Is it mandatory classes, small group, or recorded lectures we can watch later?
I spoke with a current student (M1) and they said that there are some small group based mandatory sessions, but the lectures are recorded and attendance is not required.Can anyone share what the class structure is like for penn? Is it mandatory classes, small group, or recorded lectures we can watch later?
Last edited:
There are small groups formed that do activities together.I spoke with a current student (M1) and they said that there are some class group based mandatory sessions, but the lectures are recorded and attendance is not required.
Ah I realized I mistyped “small” group with class but you’re absolutely right! Edited original comment.There are small groups formed that do activities together.
BubblyPanda21
Full Member
anyone know if they offer merit scholarships to students off the wiatlist?
Highly unlikely to have any merit scholarships available but need based should usually be available.anyone know if they offer merit scholarships to students off the wiatlist?
This is the time many of the admitted people will already be trying to get their scholarships elsewhere matched if they have not received any and dont expect any need based aid.
Have all scholarships already been awarded? Do any come with the financial aid packages?Highly unlikely to have any merit scholarships available but need based should usually be available.
This is the time many of the admitted people will already be trying to get their scholarships elsewhere matched if they have not received any and dont expect any need based aid.
Students have negotiated some scholarships in the past even when they have not been awarded one based on their other offers. An example would be someone getting into UCSF or UCLA as instate being cheaper than Penn at full price.Have all scholarships already been awarded? Do any come with the financial aid packages?
Financial aid is strictly based on the CSS profile.
Right, thanks. I guess I'm still wondering: if we haven't already received a scholarship notice from Penn, do we know for sure that we are not receiving one (without some negotiation, potentially)?Students have negotiated some scholarships in the past even when they have not been awarded one based on their other offers. An example would be someone getting into UCSF or UCLA as instate being cheaper than Penn at full price.
Financial aid is strictly based on the CSS profile.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's possible that if students with merit scholarships go elsewhere, their scholarships will be offered to others. At this point, however, I'd expect all the scholarships to have been distributed, but it's impossible to know without asking the financial aid department. You should reach out if you're concerned.Right, thanks. I guess I'm still wondering: if we haven't already received a scholarship notice from Penn, do we know for sure that we are not receiving one (without some negotiation, potentially)?
Since it is end of March, I would expect all scholarships have been distributed (it seems to have started within 3 days of admissions based on this thread).Right, thanks. I guess I'm still wondering: if we haven't already received a scholarship notice from Penn, do we know for sure that we are not receiving one (without some negotiation, potentially)?
It's just 21st century right? Or do they do moreSince it is end of March, I would expect all scholarships have been distributed (it seems to have started within 3 days of admissions based on this thread).
I think that all of the 21st century have been given out, but more (smaller) scholarships are forthcomingIt's just 21st century right? Or do they do more
If I am not mistaken, they officially only have 21st century and the smaller ones are given primarily to those who have situations where the price tag difference might drive them somewhere else that Penn feels they compete against.I think that all of the 21st century have been given out, but more (smaller) scholarships are forthcoming
StinkyToes
Full Member
Does anyone know when financial aid packages will be sent out?? Or if they match other schools offers. Not the 21st century scholars.
Week of April 8 I believeDoes anyone know when financial aid packages will be sent out?? Or if they match other schools offers. Not the 21st century scholars.
maxime6925
Full Member
Does anyone know what waitlist movement looks like here? I'm assuming none at all... but why not hope?
Their waitlist section in the portal says like 15 to 20 studentsDoes anyone know what waitlist movement looks like here? I'm assuming none at all... but why not hope?
D
deleted1143918
12-20 per the portal out of 200 ish. Pretty unlikely but not over til it's overDoes anyone know what waitlist movement looks like here? I'm assuming none at all... but why not hope?
D
deleted1143918
JinxTheir waitlist section in the portal says like 15 to 20 students
You owe me a sodaJinx
StinkyToes
Full Member
Financial aid packages are out. I received no aid [emoji24]
+1 even tho I sent them alternate offers. Guess I'll have to withdraw from PennFinancial aid packages are out. I received no aid [emoji24]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
StinkyToes
Full Member
Do any current students know if Penn students get free or discounted public transport?
ethosexymide
New Member
Idk if yall are at second look rn but Penn kind of POPPED OFF with their music video this year thought I had to share 😭
Based on what I sense the class should be close to full. They stopped adjusting financial packages which tells me that they are comfortable with their yield.Any indications of how many students were admitted/what the waitlist movement is going to be like this year?
awkotaco123
Full Member
Based on what I sense the class should be close to full. They stopped adjusting financial packages which tells me that they are comfortable with their yield.
So you don’t think there will be any WL movement ??
oatmilkplease
Full Member
ggSo you don’t think there will be any WL movement ??
So you don’t think there will be any WL movement ??
I am just an accepted student so I do not know. The accepted student groupme has about 170 students still in there, but many of them could have chosen another school and just not left the chat. There could still be some movement.
oatmilkplease
Full Member
Does that also include current students?I am just an accepted student so I do not know. The accepted student groupme has about 170 students still in there, but many of them could have chosen another school and just not left the chat. There could still be some movement.
incomingmd11
Full Member
Anyone think or know of potential WL movement today? Past years it’s happened on Fridays mostly
oatmilkplease
Full Member
For those in the groupme- has anyone joined/left over the last couple of days?
yummycookies
New Member
Any idea if there’ll be WL movement this year? Is most of it usually in May or later?
Around 5-6 people have joined the groupme, one of which is someone who I know personally got off the waitlist.
awkotaco123
Full Member
[emoji24][emoji174]
yummycookies
New Member
Do we think there’s a possibility for any more WL movement or is it time to give up?
oatmilkplease
Full Member
Any WL movement in groupme recently?
does Penn send official rejection letters to waitlist ppl or do they ghost?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
awkotaco123
Full Member
I emailed and was told “Our class is currently full, but not every student has committed. The timeframe for movement here is unlikely to extend much beyond our July 1 “commit” date.”
😢😢thanks for letting me know!I emailed and was told “Our class is currently full, but not every student has committed. The timeframe for movement here is unlikely to extend much beyond our July 1 “commit” date.”
Post WL R today