You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Pennsylvania (Perelman)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1143918
WL
oatmilkplease
Full Member
WL :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WL
awkotaco123
Full Member
WL😭😭 does anyone know chances of getting off the waitlist / how much weight a letter of intent would hold at this point ?
Last edited:
zippingzag
Full Member
mstp wl 🙁 congrats to everyone who got in
They give stats on the waitlist page: 12 to 20 is expected off the waitlist. 250 are WL and by June there are 50 people on the WL (by choice or by committee).WL[emoji24][emoji24] does anyone know chances of getting off the waitlist / how much wait a letter of intent would hold at this point ?
Waitlisted. Pleasantly surprised tbh, was fully expecting a rejection
+1 post-II R just now (through e-mail and in portal before). Interviewed mid-October. Letters of intent were not enough. 525 MCAT 3.79 GPA 3000+ clinical hours 3000+ research and multiple CNS pubs and my cycle has ended with 5 post-II Rs. I’m officially a re-applicant and would appreciate any advice, especially with applying early decision next cycle… thanks y’all
WL, it aint over yet Perelman!
applicant2323
Full Member
+1 WL
awkotaco123
Full Member
Thank you I hadn’t looked at that yet. Does anyone think an LOI would help? Historically does Penn give any preference to WL apps that submit one?They give stats on the waitlist page: 12 to 20 is expected off the waitlist. 250 are WL and by June there are 50 people on the WL (by choice or by committee).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oatmilkplease
Full Member
Damn looks like WL movement won't start till around June and the school I currently plan on matriculating at has a CTE deadline in mid June :/ This sux
I thought they said that they typically start in May. "Generally, waitlist acceptances are not made until May"Damn looks like WL movement won't start till around June and the school I currently plan on matriculating at has a CTE deadline in mid June :/ This sux
I didn’t see anyone from last years thread who got off WL but maybe they just didn’t postI thought they said that they typically start in May. "Generally, waitlist acceptances are not made until May"
oatmilkplease
Full Member
Oh their wording is a bit confusing then...not sure why they added that part about cutting their waitlist down to 50 in JuneI thought they said that they typically start in May. "Generally, waitlist acceptances are not made until May"
prizefloor
New Member
WL... its waitlist city up in my app
pomegranatejuicebox
Full Member
I just checked portal and got A without a phone call!!!! was fully expecting R or WL
D
deleted1167274
WL. honestly so sad I know it’s not an R but Penn was by far my top choice
snowbolt23
Full Member
WL +1
A little confused about this wording on the WL FAQ: “The Perelman School of Medicine, like all medical schools, will not offer a place to a candidate who has begun enrollment or committed to enroll in another medical school.” Does this mean we will not be considered if we “plan to enroll” at another school, or is it just “commit to enroll?” One school I have an acceptance to has a PTE deadline 5/1 and a CTE deadline 6/24.
prizefloor
New Member
No, just commit to enroll!A little confused about this wording on the WL FAQ: “The Perelman School of Medicine, like all medical schools, will not offer a place to a candidate who has begun enrollment or committed to enroll in another medical school.” Does this mean we will not be considered if we “plan to enroll” at another school, or is it just “commit to enroll?” One school I have an acceptance to has a PTE deadline 5/1 and a CTE deadline 6/24.
romulus1435
New Member
WL +1
Sorry man— truly.+1 post-II R just now (through e-mail and in portal before). Interviewed mid-October. Letters of intent were not enough. 525 MCAT 3.79 GPA 3000+ clinical hours 3000+ research and multiple CNS pubs and my cycle has ended with 5 post-II Rs. I’m officially a re-applicant and would appreciate any advice, especially with applying early decision next cycle… thanks y’all
Bizarre_Animation
Full Member
I had a similar question. I filled it because I thought it was an acknowledgment of your acceptance in the class and it mentioned that you had to commit to enroll and pay a deposit to fully be considered in the classIn the portal, is the "acceptance statement" binding or is it just telling us what to expect if we choose enroll and we are certifying that we understand that?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok sweet. I did too. There is a withdraw button too so it must not be bindingI had a similar question. I filled it because I thought it was an acknowledgment of your acceptance in the class and it mentioned that you had to commit to enroll and pay a deposit to fully be considered in the class
StinkyToes
Full Member
Does anyone know what is the average aid/scholarship Penn gives? Can I be hopeful? Outside the 30 full ride scholarships.
zippingzag
Full Member
Does anyone on the WL know which tier they're in? My letter says the WL is unranked but I'm just wondering if they would tell you if you were considered top of the WL. Have they invited anyone to preview from WL?
oatmilkplease
Full Member
At first I thought maybe there was possibly some subliminal message when they wrote "The Committee members found you to be a very highly qualified applicant and have thus placed you on the waitlist for admission" but then I realize this was mega cope
zippingzag
Full Member
yep. How nice of them to have found so many of us highly qualifiedAt first I thought maybe there was possibly some subliminal message when they wrote "The Committee members found you to be a very highly qualified applicant and have thus placed you on the waitlist for admission" but then I realize this was mega cope
Congratulations! that was quick. Since you are SES, did they give you room and board also?Notified of 21st Century Scholarship about 15 minutes ago! Ended up in my spam
Last edited:
The scholarship itself only covers tuition, but my understanding is that it can stack with need-based aid given that part of the email reads "Our Financial Aid Office is committed to supporting your ability to attend medical school and will provide an additional letter detailing your entire financial aid package for the year, including this award and any additional need-based scholarships." In the scenario that you get both the scholarship and substantial need-based aid, I think you can hit full cost of attendance.Congratulations! that was quick. Since you are SES, did they give you room and board also?
+1 !!+1 for 21st Century Scholarship!
lychee.jelly.
Full Member
If any current students can share, how much need based aid in scholarships does Penn give to students from low SES?
eatyourapples
Full Member
21st century isnt something you apply for right? and something you don't need to submit fafsa or CSS profile for?
No separate application and not contingent on other financial aid portals. Everybody admitted is considered21st century isnt something you apply for right? and something you don't need to submit fafsa or CSS profile for?
Have they all been announced, any way to know?
If you were born in 1999 or earlier, probably not qualified to be a 21st century scholar unfortunatelyHave they all been announced, any way to know?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2001 🙃If you were born in 1999 or earlier, probably not qualified to be a 21st century scholar unfortunately
Same 🌚2001 🙃
Sneakercat98
Full Member
Do they send out all the scholarships at once?
up to 30k flat, or up to their stated living expenses in their cost of attendance breakdown?Fin aid director emailed me and said that you can get up to 30k a year beyond tuition expenses if you get the scholarship + aid