2024-2025 Roseman

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ha! Given they posted here and on Reddit, I think there will be quite a few applicants. I’m sure you have good odds if you are from Nevada though 🙂
I don’t think they have regional bias they don’t mention the Nevada region in their mission etc
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TLDR to anyone who missed it: this program is hard, so they want academic students. This program does not offer free tuition, but they have a good financial aid team. They seem to be primary care focused, there’s no research yet.
 
TLDR to anyone who missed it: this program is hard, so they want academic students. This program does not offer free tuition, but they have a good financial aid team. They seem to be primary care focused, there’s no research yet.
Wdym the program is hard 🤣🤣 it’s medical school… also aren’t all students academic students
 
I want to be the type of doctor they say they want to train to serve in primary care focus and as a former social worker, I get the SDoH aspects. So hopefully they give a chance🤪 especially since later this spring many will have gone to other established schools 😜
 
Has the school been built yet ? Orientation date ?
IMG_6115.jpeg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I mean I would hope so🤣🤣 this school honestly gives me bad vibes. Is the building even finished ?
I think they mean high stats. They mentioned academically strong so much during that session so this is what I assume they mean.

But yeah, I think they’ll will have to take what they are going to get at this point of the cycle (but of course there are plenty of high stats individuals with no As right now).
 
did they mention when secondaries will begin to release. It says interviews mid march so they have like 30 minutes to start releasing secondaries
 
It didn't necessarily read as defensive to me. I think they are probably feeling a little overwhelmed and frantic with how quickly they are going to have to move, and were feeling that pressure in the info session because it is getting real. And to be fair we did bombard them with questions in the chat, albeit fair and good questions, there was not going to be enough time to address it all.
 
I mean they really emphasize that they want students who will succeed academically. Like they said it every other sentence
I think they want to make it clear that being that this will be the inaugural class, they are not going to have everything ironed out yet (ie. curriculum, support for students), so they want to take on people that are going to be able to handle that extra stress!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We don’t know for sure about the 90% IS thing. What they said in the info session directly contradicted that
True, but even if they took 25% of their class out of state, that would only be 15 seats. I also wrote admissions and they explicitly mentioned that they WILL have a preference for in-state, but they encourage qualified out of state applicants to apply.
 
True, but even if they took 25% of their class out of state, that would only be 15 seats. I also wrote admissions and they explicitly mentioned that they WILL have a preference for in-state, but they encourage qualified out of state applicants to apply.
That would be 15 matriculated seats. They are likely, especially as a new med school, likely to admit much more than 60 seats. They did seem to emphasize high stats for OOS apps though
 
That would be 15 matriculated seats. They are likely, especially as a new med school, likely to admit much more than 60 seats. They did seem to emphasize high stats for OOS apps though
Idk, if they began their cycle at the same time as all other schools I would agree with you. However, with the cycle beginning this late, likely the vast majority of their applicants either have no A's or think Roseman would be preferable to their current A's. Because of this, I don't anticipate much WL movement, since I'd guess most of the applicants have no better option.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad