2024-2025 Roseman

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

If you don’t have an actual personal tie to Nevada, that makes the essay very simple. Don’t create something that isn’t there, trust me, it isn’t worth it. If you get 3 years in and they find out, then all that debt for what?

I’m just an applicant but some of the admins on the thread can chime in.

@Goro
@LizzyM
@wysdoc
I agree
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bro you’re just trying to max your chances don’t act like you care
That's a choice... This site is supposed to be supportive and your assumption is that a comment is meant to prevent other applicants from applying on a basis that the school the forum is for says they're looking for 80%, in state? That's before even getting into the aspects on being honest on applications.
 
For the Kira assessment, am I good to assume that the dress code it suit and tie like a normal interview even though I'm just talking to myself?
 
For the Kira assessment, am I good to assume that the dress code it suit and tie like a normal interview even though I'm just talking to myself?
Consider videos can be re-watched. And that it is supposed to be like an interview. Whether that's a dress shirt and blazer or full suit to you, present yourself how you want to be seen as a future professional.
 
Moderator Note:

Some of the posts in this thread were veering off course. They have been deleted to preserve the purpose of our forums.


For everyone else, here is a random picture for your time:

1740801852331.png
 
If I am applying this cycle, and I just graduated May 2024, would I still need to answer this prompt: "If you took time off between earning your baccalaureate degree and applying to medical school, please explain why"?
 
If I am applying this cycle, and I just graduated May 2024, would I still need to answer this prompt: "If you took time off between earning your baccalaureate degree and applying to medical school, please explain why"?
I would! It’s space to talk about what you’ve been up to on your gap year
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the question of a personal connection to an individual at Roseman, one of my physician mentor's old dean is at the school now. Would you say this is somewhat of a personal connection? Or too big of a stretch and I should just leave it as none?
 
Has anyone gotten a secondary with lower-ish stats? My stats aren't that bad, but I was screened out of a few schools at the beginning of the cycle (I'm pretty sure it was because of one of my MCAT sections). I don't want to bother if it'll just be an automatic R....
 
Has anyone gotten a secondary with lower-ish stats? My stats aren't that bad, but I was screened out of a few schools at the beginning of the cycle (I'm pretty sure it was because of one of my MCAT sections). I don't want to bother if it'll just be an automatic R....
What was the subsection score? If its 122 or lower, then maybe. If 123 or 124, you're 100% fine.
 
Hi all! I also had a question about the personal connection to an individual at Roseman- would I be able to mention a family friend I have who goes to their dental school? Or do you think they are specifically looking for faculty members?
 
Has anyone did the Kira yet? If so once you record the video can you start over?
It’s one and done per the Kira email.

You will require a desktop or laptop computer with a functioning webcam, microphone, and internet connection. The system allows unlimited practice sessions, but once you start the formal assessment questions, you only get one chance.This allows us to capture your candid responses.
 
What even is a Kira assessment? I’ve never done one before. Are the questions like CASPER and Preview? How long are we given to speak?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How close to the word limit on the 1000-word essays are you all coming? Is 700 words good enough if you feel like you have covered everything?
 
How close to the word limit on the 1000-word essays are you all coming? Is 700 words good enough if you feel like you have covered everything?

To be very honest I’m just aiming for 500 words bc I have forgotten how to write compelling secondary essays
 
bro bro bro... 500 to 1000 words? ARE THEY INSANE? I applied to 30 schools and none of them have this long of a response
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If they said my Kira is due in 5 business days last Friday would that make it due this Wednesday or this Friday ?