You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Roseman
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone got a secondary yet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not yet
parrotheadfan
Full Member
They said at the info session that they were sending them out in mid-MarchHas anyone got a secondary yet
If they don’t drop them next week… gonna be a rough few months hereI am pretty sure that they will be sending out the first batch next week.
Their window is too small to start later.
D
deleted1212093
I’m surprised because they chose to not release the secondary prompts beforehand lol. I know some schools share it on their websites so people can prewrite.
They also said the school would be able to be added in march and look what happened lol. Probably gonna send secondaries sooner especially if their timeline is to start interviewing mid-March per the website. If anyone goes to the info meeting today let us know what they say!They said at the info session that they were sending them out in mid-March
Please describe any obstacles that you have encountered during your journey to a career in medicine and how you overcame them. (500 to 1000 words)
Roseman University College of Medicine is dedicated to graduating physicians who will consider practicing in Nevada. Please explain why you would consider practicing in Nevada. (500 to 1000 words)
Describe your interactions with someone from a different cultural background or life experience and what you learned from that interaction. (500 to 1000 words)
If you took time off between earning your baccalaureate degree and applying to medical school, please explain why. (250 words)
Have you ever been arrested or convicted of a crime? If so, please provide a brief description of the incident and how it has impacted your life. (250 words)
Do you have a relative or a personal connection with an individual associated with either Roseman University of Health Sciences-College of Medicine and/or Roseman University of Health Sciences? If so, please provide a brief description of your relationship. (250 words)
Roseman University of Health Sciences- College of Medicine is committed to meeting the healthcare needs of the State of Nevada. Please provide a statement regarding a personal tie or connection to the State of Nevada. (250 words)
Please include any additional insight into your application that you would like the Admission Committee to know or to consider in reviewing your application. (250 to 1000 words)
Roseman University College of Medicine is dedicated to graduating physicians who will consider practicing in Nevada. Please explain why you would consider practicing in Nevada. (500 to 1000 words)
Describe your interactions with someone from a different cultural background or life experience and what you learned from that interaction. (500 to 1000 words)
If you took time off between earning your baccalaureate degree and applying to medical school, please explain why. (250 words)
Have you ever been arrested or convicted of a crime? If so, please provide a brief description of the incident and how it has impacted your life. (250 words)
Do you have a relative or a personal connection with an individual associated with either Roseman University of Health Sciences-College of Medicine and/or Roseman University of Health Sciences? If so, please provide a brief description of your relationship. (250 words)
Roseman University of Health Sciences- College of Medicine is committed to meeting the healthcare needs of the State of Nevada. Please provide a statement regarding a personal tie or connection to the State of Nevada. (250 words)
Please include any additional insight into your application that you would like the Admission Committee to know or to consider in reviewing your application. (250 to 1000 words)
Last edited:
D
deleted1212093
Please describe any obstacles that you have encountered during your journey to a career in medicine and how you overcame them. (500 to 1000 words)
Roseman University College of Medicine is dedicated to graduating physicians who will consider practicing in Nevada. Please explain why you would consider practicing in Nevada. (500 to 1000 words)
Describe your interactions with someone from a different cultural background or life experience and what you learned from that interaction. (500 to 1000 words)
If you took time off between earning your baccalaureate degree and applying to medical school, please explain why. (250 words)
Have you ever been arrested or convicted of a crime? If so, please provide a brief description of the incident and how it has impacted your life. (250 words)
Do you have a relative or a personal connection with an individual associated with either Roseman University of Health Sciences-College of Medicine and/or Roseman University of Health Sciences? If so, please provide a brief description of your relationship. (250 words)
Roseman University of Health Sciences- College of Medicine is committed to meeting the healthcare needs of the State of Nevada. Please provide a statement regarding a personal tie or connection to the State of Nevada. (250 words)
Wow thank you for sharing! Did you receive a secondary or was this on the website?
Damn a whole question about Nevada …. Ya OOS is cooked. “I love gambling”
I received a secondary. They asked for completion within two weeks.Wow thank you for sharing! Did you receive a secondary or was this on the website?
D
deleted1212093
Also the word length of these secondary essays is giving KCUCOM 😭 I’m OOS (weak ties to Nevada) but hopefully I’ll get a secondary soon!
When did you submit your primary? Are you IS or OOS?I received a secondary. They asked for completion within two weeks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS, I submitted the first day.When did you submit your primary? Are you IS or OOS?
really this seems worse cuz 500 words as a minimum is super longAlso the word length of these secondary essays is giving KCUCOM 😭 I’m OOS (weak ties to Nevada) but hopefully I’ll get a secondary soon!
I did the whole KCU secondary in a day and got an A so that one didn’t seem bad at all to me
What day was the first day? Also did you just receive secondary todayIS, I submitted the first day.
infinitemusix
Full Member
But I will say at least KCU didn’t have their essays strongly emphasizing the state of MO lolAlso the word length of these secondary essays is giving KCUCOM 😭 I’m OOS (weak ties to Nevada) but hopefully I’ll get a secondary soon!
Yeah and it’s $100Damn a whole question about Nevada …. Ya OOS is cooked. “I love gambling”
This app is a gamble in itself
Actually, I take that back. The whole process is a gamble.
Actually, I take that back. The whole process is a gamble.
Does anyone know if they accept AP credits for prereqs?
D
deleted1212093
Does anyone know if they accept AP credits for prereqs?
I asked about AP English and they said yes iirc. For AP science I’m pretty sure they’d say no. Idk about AP math, would email them. They’re pretty fast at responding
nerdthebird
Full Member
TWO questions about NV: "explain why you would consider practicing in NV" and "provide a statement regarding a personal tie or connection to NV". One I could probably stumble through as OOS, but two???Damn a whole question about Nevada …. Ya OOS is cooked. “I love gambling”
Yeah like they said they’ll have a big instate preference.TWO questions about NV: "explain why you would consider practicing in NV" and "provide a statement regarding a personal tie or connection to NV". One I could probably stumble through as OOS, but two???
Same... I can answer why I would consider practicing in NV, but a personal tie/connection? I don't have any 🙁TWO questions about NV: "explain why you would consider practicing in NV" and "provide a statement regarding a personal tie or connection to NV". One I could probably stumble through as OOS, but two???
Then that’s a short and easy essay for you/ don’t overthink itSame... I can answer why I would consider practicing in NV, but a personal tie/connection? I don't have any 🙁
jasonbourne125
Full Member
OOS secondary received just now
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 OOS secondary
OOS SECONDARY
+1 OOS Secondary
+1 OOS Secondary
Yeah I have 0 ties to Nevada, so I have no idea how’ll answer that question. I’m honestly surprised I even got a secondary given my stats. I have FAP, so I guess I’ll just try since I have nothing to lose but time.
Yeah I have 0 ties to Nevada, so I have no idea how’ll answer that question. I’m honestly surprised I even got a secondary given my stats. I have FAP, so I guess I’ll just try since I have nothing to lose but time.
D
deleted1212093
Just received secondary, OOS w/ very weak ties to NV. For reference my MCAT is a 508
Last edited by a moderator:
IS Secondary
Secondary received oos
+1 OOS Secondary
Did anyone oos not get one ? Rlly not tryna waste bread lol
It’s called a deadline for a reason so you better suit up in bora bora😹😹 also it’s just a prompt that pops up and you have one shot to answer. No different than an interview just no one actually in front of youCan anyone explain how Kira works? I haven’t had to complete one yet. Also how strict do we think that five day deadline is for the Kira? I’m on vacation right now and will be cutting it close to get that in lol.
D
deleted1212093
Does anyone know if primary applications are actually being screened? Especially for OOS applicants.
They said they were going to undergo some screening. I don't know what that entails. Also, I am not quite sure what they are classifying as IS vs OOS. For UNLV and UNR, if you graduated from HS in Nevada, you are IS. I'm wondering if that's the case with them too.Does anyone know if primary applications are actually being screened? Especially for OOS applicants.
Please do not do that, that’s lying and if you get caught you can get your application/admission rescinded even years down the line.Question for OOS applicants: Did y'all just make up a connection/tie to Nevada?
The Consequences of Lying on Medical School Applications | Med School Insiders
We break down the consequences of lying on a medical school application, as well as how plagiarizing, exaggerating, or using AI can impact your success.
Please, Don't Lie on Your Medical School Application
Session 7 I didn't think I should have to tell anyone not to lie on their medical school application, but apparently, I do. Let me do it one more time:
medicalschoolhq.net
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
With all due respect, please don’t do this. Their mission statement is to educate physicians that want to stay in Nevada. For those of us who have dealt with Nevada’s lack of primary care doctors and lack of physicians in general, this mission statement means a lot to us.Question for OOS applicants: Did y'all just make up a connection/tie to Nevada?
I understand wanting to matriculate this year and everyone on these forums wanting to be a doctor. However, lying is a compromise of your ethical responsibility as an applicant.
D
deleted1212093
They said they were going to undergo some screening. I don't know what that entails. Also, I am not quite sure what they are classifying as IS vs OOS. For UNLV and UNR, if you graduated from HS in Nevada, you are IS. I'm wondering if that's the case with them too.
I would assume it is: if you’re currently living in Nevada and indicate so on your primary, that’s in state. If you’re not living in NV but have significant ties (family in state, high school and/or college graduate etc), that’s still counting as OOS (but still really good chances probably!)
Sorry for my poorly worded question. I've dealt with the lack of primary care doctors too, but not in Nevada. I'm just confused about how to answer the prompt.With all due respect, please don’t do this. Their mission statement is to educate physicians that want to stay in Nevada. For those of us who have dealt with Nevada’s lack of primary care doctors and lack of physicians in general, this mission statement means a lot to us.
I understand wanting to matriculate this year and everyone on these forums wanting to be a doctor. However, lying is a compromise of your ethical responsibility as an applicant.
I'm definitely not planning to lie.
D
deleted1212093
Sorry for my poorly worded question. I've dealt with the lack of primary care doctors too, but not in Nevada. I'm just confused about how to answer the prompt.
Be honest. If you have no tie/connection to Nevada just state it. It’ll be a brief answer. You don’t have to use all 250 words to answer the prompt if I remember correctly.
If you don’t have an actual personal tie to Nevada, that makes the essay very simple. Don’t create something that isn’t there, trust me, it isn’t worth it. If you get 3 years in and they find out, then all that debt for what?Sorry for my poorly worded question. I've dealt with the lack of primary care doctors too, but not in Nevada. I'm just confused about how to answer the prompt.
I’m just an applicant but some of the admins on the thread can chime in.
@Goro
@LizzyM
@wysdoc