You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Stanford
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
mangoesareinmyhead
Full Member
+1 OOS II, complete 7/24 !
IS II complete late summer very unexpected! 🤯
Curious if anyone knows how holistic the process is? Do I have to worry that my MCAT is lower than any matriculating student last year on MSAR? Or is it less about stats moving forward? Cause I'm about to drag the average accepted score down 😎
Curious if anyone knows how holistic the process is? Do I have to worry that my MCAT is lower than any matriculating student last year on MSAR? Or is it less about stats moving forward? Cause I'm about to drag the average accepted score down 😎
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
origami_guru
Full Member
+1 IS II on 12/19, secondary complete 8/24; interview date early Feb
thestruggler3169
New Member
+1 IS II on 12/19, secondary complete 9/1; interview date in early Feb
lavalamppp
New Member
OOP (canadian) II received yesterday! I am in such shock. I submitted all my secondaries really late (10/05) and this was not expected at all! Freaking out for the interview though😅
To anyone that has interviewed already, are the MMIs closed file, or do they ask specific questions about experiences we have written about? Do they include open-ended questions like "greatest strength?" or "Tell me about a time when ___,"? For the scenario-based questions, is there any interactive role-playing involved, or are they primarily structured as unilateral "What would you do in this scenario?"
Last edited:
tarkovskiyeva
Full Member
Hello! MMIs are ten minutes, closed file and quick-paced, but there is a 20 minute traditional interview within the general rotation schedule. MMI questions are almost all open-ended and meant to promote as much discussion as possible - the prompts are specifically written so that there's no correct answers, and you can keep going back and forth defending/discussing your thoughts with the interviewer. Some of them ask you to discuss yourself (i.e. greatest strength/failures etc.), but others are general social issues that may or may not be tied to the healthcare field at all. No interactive role-playing, mostly just "what would you do in this scenario".To anyone that has interviewed already, are the MMIs closed file, or do they ask specific questions about experiences we have written about? Do they include open-ended questions like "greatest strength?" or "Tell me about a time when ___,"? For the scenario-based questions, is there any interactive role-playing involved, or are they primarily structured as unilateral "What would you do in this scenario?"
The traditional portion is very standard - just be prepared to talk concisely and cover all your bases. Twenty minutes is fairly short for a trad interview, and the interviewer will be in a semi-hurry to get through all their questions about your app.
(Not sure whether you got your username from Death Stranding, but keep on keeping on! Tomorrow is in your hands 🙂
scientistabc
Full Member
Hi, does anyone know whether it is better to send a letter of intent before decisions come out, or wait until placed on the waitlist?
Yes I did. I wonder for MD program, what is the chance of getting into the MD program if one was granted the KHS invitedid anyone here apply to the knight hennessy scholarship? if so, did you get a video invite?
Hi congrats! Did you also get an II to Stanford
Yes I did. I wonder for MD program, what is the chance of getting into the MD program if one was granted the KHS invite
Hi congrats! Did you also get an II to Stanford
Yes I did. Interviewed mid September
meticulousex36
Full Member
btw I also got the video statement invite! I interviewed in October
Ps email went to my spam folder
Ps email went to my spam folder
Last edited:
KitchenSinkEnjoyer
Full Member
when do they release decisions? On MSAR it says Jan 17. do they release decisions in waves?? or do they tell all 500 interviewees the outcomes on the same day?
electricalspray
Full Member
Does anyone who interviewed earlier in the cycle still have the update button on the portal? Seems to be gone for me and no longer possible to send updates.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone who interviewed earlier in the cycle still have the update button on the portal? Seems to be gone for me and no longer possible to send updates.
Unfortunately the update button will disappear about 2-3 weeks after your interview date. I emailed them and they do not accept updates after that time window. They would have already reviewed your profile and scored you at that point.
hmmm my update button is still there and I interviewed 5+ weeks agoUnfortunately the update button will disappear about 2-3 weeks after your interview date. I emailed them and they do not accept updates after that time window. They would have already reviewed your profile and scored you at that point.
my prediction is Wed. 1/22 around noon PST. there is a possibility for 1/15, but msar says after 1/17. they do release decisions in waves based on interview dates (rolling). last year there seemed to be 3 dates when they released A'swhen do they release decisions? On MSAR it says Jan 17. do they release decisions in waves?? or do they tell all 500 interviewees the outcomes on the same day?
a person posted previous first wave release dates in last year's thread (with 2024 added):
2019 Thu 2/7 10:30 pm est
2020 Wed 1/15 6:13 pm est
2021 Wed 1/27 4:58 pm est
2022 Thu 1/20 ~1:00pm est
2023 Wed 1/18 3:24 pm est
2024 Wed 1/24 4.51 pm est
Last edited:
dayoneofmedicine
Full Member
When do you think decisions may be released for a mid-late Nov interview?my prediction is Wed. 1/22 around noon. there is a possibility for 1/15, but msar says after 1/17. they do release decisions in waves based on interview dates (rolling). last year there seemed to be 3 dates when they released A's
a person posted previous release dates in last year's thread (with 2024 added):
2019 Thu 2/7 10:30 pm est
2020 Wed 1/15 6:13 pm est
2021 Wed 1/27 4:58 pm est
2022 Thu 1/20 ~1:00pm est
2023 Wed 1/18 3:24 pm est
2024 Wed 1/24 4.51 pm est
I assume in the first wave because they told my interview cohort that we will hear back mid-January and I interviewed in December. However, I am not too confident about this. Last year, it seems that the first wave included only October and Sept interviewees, and the next wave (roughly two weeks later) included November to January. All we can really do is wait and turn off our do not disturb haha : )When do you think decisions may be released for a mid-late Nov interview?
My interview is late February lol I hope thats not just to waitlist
my prediction is Wed. 1/22 around noon. there is a possibility for 1/15, but msar says after 1/17. they do release decisions in waves based on interview dates (rolling). last year there seemed to be 3 dates when they released A's
a person posted previous first wave release dates in last year's thread (with 2024 added):
2019 Thu 2/7 10:30 pm est
2020 Wed 1/15 6:13 pm est
2021 Wed 1/27 4:58 pm est
2022 Thu 1/20 ~1:00pm est
2023 Wed 1/18 3:24 pm est
2024 Wed 1/24 4.51 pm est
dayoneofmedicine
Full Member
Thank you for the response!I assume in the first wave because they told my interview cohort that we will hear back mid-January and I interviewed in December. However, I am not too confident about this. Last year, it seems that the first wave included only October and Sept interviewees, and the next wave (roughly two weeks later) included November to January. All we can really do is wait and turn off our do not disturb haha : )
scientistabc
Full Member
if your update tab has disappeared, when did you interview?
i interviewed early december and mine is still there
i interviewed early december and mine is still there
if your update tab has disappeared, when did you interview?
i interviewed early december and mine is still there
Based on last years thread, people’s update button disappeared the friday before the week of decisions. So like this friday their button disappeared. I also checked and they ended up getting in, but i’m not sure if that’s just correlation and not causation.
Based on last years thread, people’s update button disappeared the friday before the week of decisions. So like this friday their button disappeared. I also checked and they ended up getting in, but i’m not sure if that’s just correlation and not causation.
I am not sure because my update button disappeared like 3 weeks after my interview and I interviewed in September.
Based on last years thread, people’s update button disappeared the friday before the week of decisions. So like this friday their button disappeared. I also checked and they ended up getting in, but i’m not sure if that’s just correlation and not causation.
saw a couple people whose button disappeared and got waitlisted, so i don’t think a missing button = acceptance. i think it just means you will hear back in a week (presumably this wed/thurs or next wed/thurs) or maybe it means you have been scored idk haha. stanford is making us go crazy
saw a couple people whose button disappeared and got waitlisted, so i don’t think a missing button = acceptance. i think it just means you will hear back in a week (presumably this wed/thurs or next wed/thurs) or maybe it means you have been scored idk haha. stanford is making us go crazy
Yea. I think someone explained it in the previous years thread. Update button disappearing is likely suggestive of they have scored your file (they could score you highly, in the middle, or not so high)
does a KH video invite have any indication on how your scoring went lol
no, the committees are different
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed recently and I think they told us that we only had a week to submit updates.
Adpotential2025
Full Member
Same Here! Interviewed mid-October and update button dissappeared sometime in late November if I am not mistaken. All we can do is wait. Hoping we all hear some good news soon!I am not sure because my update button disappeared like 3 weeks after my interview and I interviewed in September.
dayoneofmedicine
Full Member
Counting down the hours (or days?) until this thread becomes a movie.
britannicae
Full Member
!! i didn't do KH but I can only assume this means something good!! otherwise the med school committee would have probably told KH that you weren't under consideration anymore. good luck today (or this next week) 🙂does a KH video invite have any indication on how your scoring went lol
D
deleted1194639
Any chance we'll hear back today? MSAR listed 17th, so why are ppl saying that today is possible?
Any chance we'll hear back today? MSAR listed [emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]]]]th, so why are ppl saying that today is possible?
Pretty sure it’s [emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]/[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]], but idk maybe stanford doesnt have to abide by msar dates
D
deleted1194639
hmm I literally just see "emoji" for your response above, idk if others are also seeing that.
Thank you! There should be an email & portal update by EOD I believe.Congratulations! Did they tell you when the decisions will be officially released on the portal?
banananabread
Full Member
congrats drknit!!! 🎉 do you know if all calls in this wave are going out today or across several days?
D
deleted1194639
Congrats!!! Do you know if this is specific for PSTP or if it's general?Thank you! There should be an email & portal update by EOD I believe.
the dean didn't say, unfortunatelycongrats drknit!!! 🎉 do you know if all calls in this wave are going out today or across several days?
I'm not sure, PSTP wasn't mentioned so I'm assuming general.Congrats!!! Do you know if this is specific for PSTP or if it's general?
findingdorymed
Full Member
I got a call today (missed it) and I applied MSTP. Anyone else? Was this an MD-only A?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
britannicae
Full Member
not yet! kind of also wondering if anyone else who applied regular md and interviewed during sept/october heard anything yet
& @drknit congratulations! i also read somewhere that if you applied PSTP and got the call you should have gotten admitted to PSTP as well! 🙂
& @drknit congratulations! i also read somewhere that if you applied PSTP and got the call you should have gotten admitted to PSTP as well! 🙂
findingdorymed
Full Member
Update: they called back and it was an MD acceptance, but MSTP won’t decide for another monthI got a call today (missed it) and I applied MSTP. Anyone else? Was this an MD-only A?
interesting...so they're sending out MD-only As? and you applied to both MD and MSTP?Update: they called back and it was an MD acceptance, but MSTP won’t decide for another month