You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Stony Brook
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
nanamistyy
Full Member
i had an ms4 interview me and then a faculty memberdoes everyone get two faculty interviewers?
surelycalm
Full Member
One faculty and one student interview, they gave me the details (time for each interview along with the interviewer's names a few days prior to the interview date). Both were pretty chill about 45-50 mins, but that was because they gave me time to ask questions. They did ask questions about my activities.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
landhuman1234
Full Member
What kind of questions should we be prepared for regarding activities?One faculty and one student interview, they gave me the details (time for each interview along with the interviewer's names a few days prior to the interview date). Both were pretty chill about 45-50 mins, but that was because they gave me time to ask questions. They did ask questions about my activities.
surelycalm
Full Member
They asked about my clinical, research and leadership from what I recall. But I would review your entire application since it is open file.What kind of questions should we be prepared for regarding activities?
kobisquared
Full Member
Also got an A today from a mid-October interview!
For future applicants that may be looking back on this thread: it’s definetly still possible to get an acceptance even if people who interviewed later than you received an acceptance before you hear anything.
For future applicants that may be looking back on this thread: it’s definetly still possible to get an acceptance even if people who interviewed later than you received an acceptance before you hear anything.
thundershock2513
Full Member
A! I have a question for those who got it. Do you email the admissions email to confirm the acceptance? I emailed them earlier today but didn't get a response so I wasn't sure
mellohi
Full Member
A! I have a question for those who got it. Do you email the admissions email to confirm the acceptance? I emailed them earlier today but didn't get a response so I wasn't sure
I’m not sure. The two week “commit to enroll” deadline is scaring me. Are we obligated to withdraw other apps if we do that??
Yeah you need to email to confirm the acceptance and no you aren't obligated to withdraw any applications.
I think the adcoms just want to know that you are seriously considering them and to let them know ASAP if you change your mind.
I think the adcoms just want to know that you are seriously considering them and to let them know ASAP if you change your mind.
In my interview they told me to either email adcoms or email the interviewer and cc adcoms if the interviewer provided their email to youDo they want thank you letters on the portal or via email?
MelodyMedic
Full Member
I know the feeling (waiting to hear back as well) I say there’s no harm in updating them as long as you have a significant update! No one really knows how this whole process works but I think sending updates (especially before they’ve made a decision) shows interest and could be the factor between a WL and an A. You got this!If I interviewed in late September and haven't heard back (feel so defeated, this sucks.), is it worth sending update letter now or just waiting for an official WL to send something
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 OOS II
congrats! complete date?+1 OOS II
congrats! complete date?
8/9
+1 OOS II
peerless_cucumber
Full Member
+1Intl II, received 11/27
landhuman1234
Full Member
Hi guys is it prudent to prepare for ethical questions for the interview?
HelpMeAhhHelp
Full Member
Interviewed 11/25. I’d say yes. I had a breaking bad news question from my interviewer and it really relied on the UW Breaking Bad News section.Hi guys is it prudent to prepare for ethical questions for the interview?
Doesn’t hurt to flip through those topics
landhuman1234
Full Member
Sounds good! Was it a big focus of the interview or just a small portion?Interviewed 11/25. I’d say yes. I had a breaking bad news question from my interviewer and it really relied on the UW Breaking Bad News section.
Doesn’t hurt to flip through those topics
HelpMeAhhHelp
Full Member
Just a question but it doesn’t hurt to skim through the topics. It still was pretty casual when they asked it and said “from the top of your head how would you…” so they don’t expect you to nail the answer like a physicianSounds good! Was it a big focus of the interview or just a small portion?
mcplayer24242424
Full Member
Interviewed Oct 1 and still nothing. Anyone else in same boat? 🙁
caffeineenzyme
Full Member
+1 IS II
congrats! complete date?+1 IS II
caffeineenzyme
Full Member
congrats! complete date?
Mid-august!
caligirl510
New Member
A! Interviewed 11/8
Congrats! Interviewed 11/4 and have not heard back. Does this mean I should expect waitlist or rejection?A! Interviewed 11/8
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
happypremed2001
Full Member
In the same boat as you right now 🙁Congrats! Interviewed 11/4 and have not heard back. Does this mean I should expect waitlist or rejection?
laflame456
New Member
Same here!Congrats! Interviewed 11/4 and have not heard back. Does this mean I should expect waitlist or rejection?
seaofterra
Full Member
+ OOS II (available days in February), I'm super excited and super shocked as I submitted very late, completed 2° 11/20
caffeineenzyme
Full Member
Anyone know how long post-II decisions take?
early Feb or into late feb?+ OOS II (available days in February), I'm super excited and super shocked as I submitted very late, completed 2° 11/20
cookiemonster278
Full Member
Does stony accept pre-II updates?
also in the same boat 🙁 i was surprised that people heard back so early i thought it was supposed to be 6-8 weeks post interview?Congrats! Interviewed 11/4 and have not heard back. Does this mean I should expect waitlist or rejection?
weepingwillow2
New Member
Just got the A!!😊 Interviewed 10/22, LM 82
averagepremed0101
MD Class of 2029
i’m sorry :/ post or pre-II?OOS R
pre II!i’m sorry :/ post or pre-II?
cookiemonster278
Full Member
sorry to hear!! when were you complete?pre II!
Thanks, 7/23!sorry to hear!! when were you complete?
D
deleted1194381
OOS R
unfortunate
unfortunate
No_Rent_927
Full Member
Sorry to hear that brodie. Mind if I ask if it was post or pre ii?OOS R
unfortunate
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
intheguesthouse
Full Member
Does anyone know if accepting offer of admission is binding?
Interviewed the end of Oct and I still haven’t heard back yet, but I’m holding out hope !
DuelShadow
Full Member
Anyone know dates for interviews? Want to know if I should hold out hope or not. Im tempted to email Adcoms in regard to status despite it being so frowned upon. Just dont like being feeling this uneasy.