You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 TCU
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
i’m cooked
real x2
+1 II OOS 516/3.94 complete 7/5Interview invite OOS 4:27 EST
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone in state?
Complete 7/5 🥲 guess we wait
StraightAd57
Full Member
Congrats on everyone getting a II btw. First time applying this cycle and I didn't realize how neurotic I would be. :/. Maybe we get something over the weekend?
letmein528
Full Member
Complete 7/5 🥲 guess we wait
they getting to us brother dw[emoji120]
D
deleted1177773
complete 7/1 let the paranoia begin again
they getting to us brother dw[emoji120]
D
deleted1191903
Does anyone have any idea approximately what the post II acceptance rate is?
p4th2g0a1s
Full Member
+1 INTL secondary received 7/17
MSAR just gives the number matriculated, not the number of acceptances offered, but last year they interviewed 256 for a class size of 60 for about 23% matriculation rate after interview.Does anyone have any idea approximately what the post II acceptance rate is?
futuresportsmed
Full Member
anyone else anxiously checking their emails for an II email 🤣
Me! I am waiting for my invite lolanyone else anxiously checking their emails for an II email 🤣
StraightAd57
Full Member
wheres mine. I was hoping for one today
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SushiSphinx
Full Member
Me toooo! Although I’m scared I might’ve messed up on my secondary ngl. It was the first one I sent out. Wish I had spent a little more time on it because rereading it after my current essays is kind of cringeMe! I am waiting for my invite lol
LOL. You will be alright. We will receive ours.Me toooo! Although I’m scared I might’ve messed up on my secondary ngl. It was the first one I sent out. Wish I had spent a little more time on it because rereading it after my current essays is kind of cringe
Last edited:
BigSneed
Full Member
>my current essays is kind of cringeMe toooo! Although I’m scared I might’ve messed up on my secondary ngl. It was the first one I sent out. Wish I had spent a little more time on it because rereading it after my current essays is kind of cringe
me re-reading most of mine after submitting them, kinda think its hard not to be
SushiSphinx
Full Member
Glad I’m not alone lmao>my current essays is kind of cringe
me re-reading most of mine after submitting them, kinda think its hard not to be
chickigold
Full Member
has anyone else heard about/gotten IIs?
Sparklegirl90263
Full Member
Hi! I have done the check in for interview day; however, my check-in progress is still showing 83% even though I've even visited the waiting room! I know that the check-in needs to be complete by Friday for interviews on Monday! Should I be worried? Is anyone else experiencing this? @SOM Admissions
clubpenquin_beast
Full Member
Mine is also on 83%, I'm assuming that is where it's supposed to be but not 100% sure👍Hi! I have done the check in for interview day; however, my check-in progress is still showing 83% even though I've even visited the waiting room! I know that the check-in needs to be complete by Friday for interviews on Monday! Should I be worried? Is anyone else experiencing this? @SOM Admissions
It will go to 100 when you log in for your interview day I believeMine is also on 83%, I'm assuming that is where it's supposed to be but not 100% sure👍
Will applicants who have below a B- in any prereq courses be eligible for secondaries?
choppastyle
Full Member
I got below a B- and have received and submitted my secondary! Can't say for sure if that means I will be screened out for interviews or if they will accept it but you will at least receive a secondary!Will applicants who have below a B- in any prereq courses be eligible for secondaries?
futuresportsmed
Full Member
manifesting another round of II's tomorrow 🤝anyone else anxiously checking their emails for an II email 🤣
Wow first IS interview of the cycle!
How long did it take for most to get a secondary? I submitted my TMDSAS app late and wasnt verified until last week and TCU is the only TMDSAS school I applied to that I havent received a Secondary from. Starting to think I was screened.
ichigo334
Full Member
I think TCU is applied through AMCAS not TMDSAS cause it's a private school that's not state fundedHow long did it take for most to get a secondary? I submitted my TMDSAS app late and wasnt verified until last week and TCU is the only TMDSAS school I applied to that I havent received a Secondary from. Starting to think I was screened.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Correct. They are private, not state subsidized, and have no in-state quotaI think TCU is applied through AMCAS not TMDSAS cause it's a private school that's not state funded
WELL I FEEL NOT SMART NOWI think TCU is applied through AMCAS not TMDSAS cause it's a private school that's not state funded
I think TCOM and TCU get confused a lot. So, you are not the first person to make this mistake 🙂WELL I FEEL NOT SMART NOW
futuresportsmed
Full Member
delusional futuresportsmed over here to say that based on the last two waves of II, it looks like TCU is sending them out every 2 weeks on a Friday.
7/19 [emoji3591]8/2 [emoji3591] 8/16?!?
praying that some more of us get good news tomorrow! 🫶
7/19 [emoji3591]8/2 [emoji3591] 8/16?!?
praying that some more of us get good news tomorrow! 🫶
Are there any updates here? I'm surprised this school has gone quiet.
I don’t think that’s delusional. Would make sense because TCU doesn’t have a large class and they want to review apps carefully before interviews. Hopefully tomorrow!
delusional futuresportsmed over here to say that based on the last two waves of II, it looks like TCU is sending them out every 2 weeks on a Friday.
7/19 [emoji3591]8/2 [emoji3591] 8/16?!?
praying that some more of us get good news tomorrow! 🫶
I don’t think that’s delusional. Would make sense because TCU doesn’t have a large class and they want to review apps carefully before interviews. Hopefully tomorrow!
D
deleted1177773
And it’s begun! When were you complete?Received an IS II a few hours ago, 4.0/523 LM 81 3Q Casper
BigSneed
Full Member
Congrats! Holy smokes those stats!Received an IS II a few hours ago, 4.0/523 LM 81 3Q Casper
And it’s begun! When were you complete?
Submitted secondary 7/7 but forgot to add AMCAS ID to my Casper test [emoji28] so my app wasn’t completed until 8/1
with those low stats its amazing.Received an IS II a few hours ago, 4.0/523 LM 81 3Q Casper
clubpenquin_beast
Full Member
Depends on couple factors, how much of your primary/secondary application do you have completed and ready to submit?I really want to attend TCU but not sure if I should apply? I receive my MCAT score back next week. so basically im wondering if I am too late in the cycle to apply?
primary application is completed and verified. all LORS are in, I have just been prewriting secondaries as im waiting for my score to come back on tuesday🥹Depends on couple factors, how much of your primary/secondary application do you have completed and ready to submit?
clubpenquin_beast
Full Member
Yeah if you're confident in your app then you're good - rule of thumb that I've heard is if you're in before Labor Day then you're at no disadvantage. but keep in mind Im also only an applicant so that could be incorrect.primary application is completed and verified. all LORS are in, I have just been prewriting secondaries as im waiting for my score to come back on tuesday🥹
I think this is generally true with Tulane being an exception.Yeah if you're confident in your app then you're good - rule of thumb that I've heard is if you're in before Labor Day then you're at no disadvantage. but keep in mind Im also only an applicant so that could be incorrect.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
peacefulcurrent573
Full Member
Hey all!
I recently interviewed at TCU School of Medicine and appreciated the transparency and thoughtful communication throughout the process. It has been a great experience, and I am grateful for the TCU teams efforts to keep me informed every step of the way. I wish all schools would be as transparent and respectful as TCU. I have been reading some really terrible experiences with other schools and so far, it has been a great experience. Good luck to all interviewing here!! 🙂
I recently interviewed at TCU School of Medicine and appreciated the transparency and thoughtful communication throughout the process. It has been a great experience, and I am grateful for the TCU teams efforts to keep me informed every step of the way. I wish all schools would be as transparent and respectful as TCU. I have been reading some really terrible experiences with other schools and so far, it has been a great experience. Good luck to all interviewing here!! 🙂
just received OOS II through email today. First one!! I think LM 69.9 and 3Q Casper!
futuresportsmed
Full Member
when did you submit/were completed?just received OOS II through email today. First one!! I think LM 69.9 and 3Q Casper!
7/15when did you submit/were completed?
OOS II here as well! received today, 8/28, LM 69 with Q2 Casper.