2024-2025 UT Tyler

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad

Looks like Dr. Cox is officially taking over. Given her experience at Dell it looks like the school is in good hands, but I still have to wonder how such a drastic shakeup so early in the school's life will affect the inaugural classes.

I don't think there will be any negative impact on the SOM. Brig was a good dean, but I've also worked in person with Dr. Cox and found her to be very knowledgeable in medical education, from LCME to ACGME. She also seems to have a genuine interest in the wellness of students/residents, which is paramount in medical education, where burnout is a very real issue.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys! I have a question for previous interviewees!

My family is coming to the Meet and Greet. Did y'all bring your fam, and how was the experience for them? The email describes that interviewees "will have time to mingle with representatives from the School of Medicine and other interview candidates," and I don't want my dad all by his lonesome and feeling awkward (IDK emoji inserted).
 
Last edited:
Hi guys! I have a question for previous interviewees!

My family is coming to the Meet and Greet. Did y'all bring your fam, and how was the experience for them? The email describes that interviewees "will have time to mingle with representatives from the School of Medicine and other interview candidates," and although my concern is minor, I don't want my dad all by his lonesome and feeling awkward (IDK emoji inserted).
At mine, literally almost everyone brought their parents and they all mingled a ton, wasn’t awkward at all!
 
Texas schools are done by end Jan., right? So not interviewing by then means it ain't happening.. IS and OOS?
Here’s our running list of when schools have been sending out interview invitations: Interview invitations 2024 Texas
There may be a few more sent out in January but all the TMDSAS ones have to be done by Jan 31.
TCU and UIWSOM are not part of the TMDSAS app system so they can interview into the spring months
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question for any IS interviewers this week - it is supposed to snow on Thursday and we all know how TX does not prepare well for ice/snow. I was planning on driving down Thursday for the meet and greet and drive back Friday obviously after interview, terrified to drive though due to the weather. What is yalls plan?
 
Question for any IS interviewers this week - it is supposed to snow on Thursday and we all know how TX does not prepare well for ice/snow. I was planning on driving down Thursday for the meet and greet and drive back Friday obviously after interview, terrified to drive though due to the weather. What is yalls plan?
First thing contact the school to see if they are postponing the interview day due to weather
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They have a second look day this morning so I would imagine it won’t be till the afternoon
I believe it was Tuesday, the 28th, when they had the second look.
1738256329861.png
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad