You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
tntttttttttt
Full Member
does oos WL movement come before IS
No they are acted on as neededdoes oos WL movement come before IS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if schools take into consideration the May 15th deadline to send offers to those with one TMDSAS acceptance already? I hear people saying they recieve acceptances until June or even days or weeks before school begins, and I figured if schools wanted to get a student off the waitlist with an acceptance already, they'd do it within the next two weeks.
Schools are not geared to serve applicants needs but their own.Does anyone know if schools take into consideration the May 15th deadline to send offers to those with one TMDSAS acceptance already? I hear people saying they recieve acceptances until June or even days or weeks before school begins, and I figured if schools wanted to get a student off the waitlist with an acceptance already, they'd do it within the next two weeks.
They act when they have openings - 2 people drop they have 2 openings and if no one drops they have none.
The dates are irrelevant except when they say we can no longer add because we are starting orientation and our class is final.
I'm going to say that they are well aware of this May 15th date.Does anyone know if schools take into consideration the May 15th deadline to send offers to those with one TMDSAS acceptance already? I hear people saying they recieve acceptances until June or even days or weeks before school begins, and I figured if schools wanted to get a student off the waitlist with an acceptance already, they'd do it within the next two weeks.
Whether you get an offer, being a person who already holds a TX spot, will depend on how much they liked your application overall
iloveharvard
Full Member
Do they see that you hold a TMDSAS acceptance?I'm going to say that they are well aware of this May 15th date.
Whether you get an offer, being a person who already holds a TX spot, will depend on how much they liked your application overall
Yes Texas admissions directors know whether you matched or not.Do they see that you hold a TMDSAS acceptance?
glad to hear that! Enjoy Texas 🙂Thank you, I think I'm the one who got it! OOS WL and now A!
No, they all failed to convince me! nyeheheh! I withdrew!@PolarIceLongLastingFlavor did anyone convince you to stay? Or did you end up declining the A
Goodluck at Dell.Withdrew my A and a scholarship today, hope it goes to one of yall :,)🩷🩷🩷
Asking out of curiosity, how were you able to wait and withdraw today and not on the April 30th deadline to commit elsewhere and drop all remaining As?Withdrew my A and a scholarship today, hope it goes to one of yall :,)🩷🩷🩷
That’s an AMCAS rule.Asking out of curiosity, how were you able to wait and withdraw today and not on the April 30th deadline to commit elsewhere and drop all remaining As?
When you get a new offer from a WL you can take it and withdraw from your former seat
They received a new admission from waitlist after the deadline.Asking out of curiosity, how were you able to wait and withdraw today and not on the April 30th deadline to commit elsewhere and drop all remaining As?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nontradtexan
New Member
Just got accepted off the waitlist! IS
celestialgates
New Member
got off the waitlist just now!! IS
dancing-rat-chancho_366
Full Member
Can each of yall share your basic stats/background or is that TMI. I’m dying to know how much of a chance I have with the way the WL is moving so far
you first, newbie 🤣Can each of yall share your basic stats/background or is that TMI. I’m dying to know how much of a chance I have with the way the WL is moving so far
At this stage of the cycle it's not your stats (those may have been what got you to the interview) but the total impression of stats, CASPer, and how you presented yourself on the interview day.
Last edited:
dancing-rat-chancho_366
Full Member
you first, newbie 🤣
Sure ok. GPA 3.86, MCAT 509, EMT, ample research and 2 pubs, non-trad and re-applicant
Wimpy Simp
Full Member
;-; this fourth quartile casper and similar-ish stats (slightly below) and 2 pubs aint help me either...you first, newbie 🤣
At this stage of the cycle it's not your stats (those may have been what got you to the interview) but the total impression of stats, CASPer, and how you presented yourself on the interview day.
Tomiee
Full Member
Maybe my 1st quartile Casper really set me low on this WL lol;-; this fourth quartile casper and similar-ish stats (slightly below) and 2 pubs aint help me either...
Wimpy Simp
Full Member
casper mumbo jumbo prob not as much bearingMaybe my 1st quartile Casper really set me low on this WL lol
nontradtexan
New Member
I sent an update/interest letter (recent pub) after I was waitlisted, maybe that helped? Q1 Casper, high MCAT low GPA, reapplicant.
celestialgates
New Member
also sent a letter of interest a week ago w/ a research update. Q2 casper, mid MCAT, high GPA.Can each of yall share your basic stats/background or is that TMI. I’m dying to know how much of a chance I have with the way the WL is moving so far
yip_yip
Full Member
did you upload the letter to the portal or emailalso sent a letter of interest a week ago w/ a research update. Q2 casper, mid MCAT, high GPA.
It is not always about numbers during waitlists. The schools try to come up with certain balance to the class and so they add students that provide that role off the waitlist.
Don't take these decisions personally (their numbers didn't make the difference and your numbers most likely wont).
Don't take these decisions personally (their numbers didn't make the difference and your numbers most likely wont).
Wimpy Simp
Full Member
you right, it is what it isIt is not always about numbers during waitlists. The schools try to come up with certain balance to the class and so they add students that provide that role off the waitlist.
Don't take these decisions personally (their numbers didn't make the difference and your numbers most likely wont).
celestialgates
New Member
i emailed the letter to [email protected]. they didn't respond but i checked the portal and they uploaded it on their end under "Letter of Intent, after match"did you upload the letter to the portal or email
yip_yip
Full Member
thanks I emailed them a LOI in february but my letter has not been in my portali emailed the letter to [email protected]. they didn't respond but i checked the portal and they uploaded it on their end under "Letter of Intent, after match"
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bubble-fish-444
New Member
Does anyone know if there is a class groupme yet?
hotdog1997
New Member
There is.Does anyone know if there is a class groupme yet?
@Bubble-fish-444 can I ask if you got in recently from a WL?Does anyone know if there is a class groupme yet?
Last edited:
iloveharvard
Full Member
Will they know which school you matched to? Or, just know you are matched but don't know which school?Yes Texas admissions directors know whether you matched or not.
dancing-rat-chancho_366
Full Member
Dang May [emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]]]]] and looks like only [emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]] ppl off the WL. Last year’s thread had nearly [emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]] ppl at this point. Any reason for the slower movement this year? :/
I cant read your entire message but let’s just hope they’re doing deliberation at the school and will, en masse, send out like 4 tomorrow 😆 - otherwise, ig for better or worse, people who matched like the school!
Last edited by a moderator:
dancing-rat-chancho_366
Full Member
Oh looks like my app is glitching, sorry about that switching to browser. My message was:
Dang May 8 and looks like only 3 ppl off the WL so far… last year’s thread had nearly 10 ppl at this point. Any reason for the slower movement this year? :/
Dang May 8 and looks like only 3 ppl off the WL so far… last year’s thread had nearly 10 ppl at this point. Any reason for the slower movement this year? :/
Every year people think it's the slowest year ever.
When you're the one who's waiting, it does seem slow.
For this particular school, the main admissions director left a couple of months ago for a career move, and the remaining staff will be running the WL portion of this year's cycle. Even so, we are starting to see some offers to folks on the UTMB WL.
People have to leave a class roster for WL offers to be made. Could be they have no other offers to go to, so fewer people coming in from the WL.
When you're the one who's waiting, it does seem slow.
For this particular school, the main admissions director left a couple of months ago for a career move, and the remaining staff will be running the WL portion of this year's cycle. Even so, we are starting to see some offers to folks on the UTMB WL.
People have to leave a class roster for WL offers to be made. Could be they have no other offers to go to, so fewer people coming in from the WL.
If you are using the SDN Phone app, it has been doing this gobbledygook for a few months and there is no fix for it.Oh looks like my app is glitching, sorry about that switching to browser. My message was:
Dang May 8 and looks like only 3 ppl off the WL so far… last year’s thread had nearly 10 ppl at this point. Any reason for the slower movement this year? :/
Delete it from your phone, and either use your browser to post here or use Tapatalk app.
That makes sense - may mean they have to rely more heavily on other leadership to help make these decisions, which would make the movement slower. (Just theorizing)Every year people think it's the slowest year ever.
When you're the one who's waiting, it does seem slow.
For this particular school, the main admissions director left a couple of months ago for a career move, and the remaining staff will be running the WL portion of this year's cycle. Even so, we are starting to see some offers to folks on the UTMB WL.
People have to leave a class roster for WL offers to be made. Could be they have no other offers to go to, so fewer people coming in from the WL.
I think mainly it might mean getting more people in a meeting at one time to make a consensus decision.That makes sense - may mean they have to rely more heavily on other leadership to help make these decisions, which would make the movement slower. (Just theorizing)
Well in that case maybe they will come out with a couple at a time 😆 (as seems to be the case lowk). That or maybe there is less movement overall this year. Either way, in a week all this anxiety will end for me and most of us will all move forward with what we have!I think mainly it might mean getting more people in a meeting at one time to make a consensus decision.
Bubble-fish-444
New Member
Sorry wysdoc! I just checked SDN today. I got into MD PhD. I was waitlisted for MD, but this was the first I heard from the dual degree since my interview in november.@Bubble-fish-444 can I ask if you got in recently from a WL?
There's a Physician Scientist forum over here, add your news if you want to MD/PhD Acceptances 2025Sorry wysdoc! I just checked SDN today. I got into MD PhD. I was waitlisted for MD, but this was the first I heard from the dual degree since my interview in november.
Bubble-fish-444
New Member
thank you! I will do that!There's a Physician Scientist forum over here, add your news if you want to MD/PhD Acceptances 2025
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations! Looks like first admission?IS WL A accepted just now!
Nah! I had a previous offer at another TMDSAS school 😅Congratulations! Looks like first admission?
Just going by your A:0Nah! I had a previous offer at another TMDSAS school 😅