2024-2025 Vanderbilt

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So was it just some ethical scenarios/questions (sorry I never took Casper)
If you prepare typical behavioral interview questions and can reason your way through medical ethics questions then you should be fine! They told us the Kira part is just to test if you can think on your feet and won't really make or break your application
 
Does anyone know if they send the Kira part before or after the interview date? I received information for the interview schedule but am not sure when the kira part will need to be done asynchronously
 
Does anyone know if they send the Kira part before or after the interview date? I received information for the interview schedule but am not sure when the kira part will need to be done asynchronously
You get time during the interview day to do the Kira - it shouldn't take very long!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone remember what they said about sending letters of interest/intent or updates?
They said letter of interest after interviewing is an option but does not do a great deal to your application. They also said to wait off on sending a letter of intent until the spring, closer to waitlisting. You can always add an update whenever you want.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 OOS II! For anyone who has at Vandy interviewed and used Kira Talent, could you provide insight on what to expect and how you recommend preparing? I haven't done an asynchronous interview before and am a little nervy lol
 
If you prepare typical behavioral interview questions and can reason your way through medical ethics questions then you should be fine! They told us the Kira part is just to test if you can think on your feet and won't really make or break your application
Did you have anything specific you wanted to know? The interview felt pretty standard to me. The Kira talent portion is basically like the Casper text scenarios.
Here is some advice previously shared in the thread!
 
Do you think the Social Hour and Faculty meetings are genuinely "optional"? Or do you think they keep track of who comes?

I went to the social hour mainly to feel out the vibe of the school. Vandy is a top choice for me, I have several friends who go there, so I wanted to talk to the students. From the social hour, I came up with some questions to ask on my interview day. I did not, however, go to the curriculum deep dive. I think they are truly optional, but you should go if you like the school. It doesn’t hurt. I really really liked the social hour, all the students seemed like they genuinely enjoy going to Vandy. I got very good vibes from it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My application status in the portal says application complete and ready for review but there’s a red X next to fee paid. I thought I had paid the fee and nowhere in the portal does it give me an option to pay. Do we think this is a glitch on the website? Is anyone else having this issue?
 
My application status in the portal says application complete and ready for review but there’s a red X next to fee paid. I thought I had paid the fee and nowhere in the portal does it give me an option to pay. Do we think this is a glitch on the website? Is anyone else having this issue?
I'm an MSTP applicant and the fee is waived for us so it says that for me too. I still got an email saying my app was complete. not sure if you're MSTP but that's how it is for me!
 
Does anyone have any idea as to why there hasn’t been any movement?
As of November 1st, 2023 they had sent out 386 interviews. It seems like we're on a ~similar but slightly slower pace than last year since we're currently at 330. There might be some movement soon!

This is not Vanderbilt specific but it was mentioned on the all access med school admissions podcast (EP 75) that apparently applications are up 5-10+% nationwide this year. This could also be a reason but who knows -- all we can do is speculate!
 
As of November 1st, 2023 they had sent out 386 interviews. It seems like we're on a ~similar but slightly slower pace than last year since we're currently at 330. There might be some movement soon!

This is not Vanderbilt specific but it was mentioned on the all access med school admissions podcast (EP 75) that apparently applications are up 5-10+% nationwide this year. This could also be a reason but who knows -- all we can do is speculate!
I think it’s likely we’re at about the same place as last year (~390). The tracker has been at 330 for over two weeks now. Vanderbilt sent a wave last Tuesday and the tracker never updated!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 OOS II LM 78

Also re the above I don't think they're going in strict order, looking at both admit. org and sdn there's IIs reported yesterday from people who submitted in mid-late aug as well as people who submitted in july -- imo this is a positive sign since even if they "passed" your complete date you're definitely still in the running!