You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Vermont
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ilovehelpingpeople
New Member
Just got the A via email! Interviewed 10/29 OOS CT campus
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
srabbit
New Member
I’m IS and received a DD in October. I feel like I must have done something wrong in the interview because I have gotten into other schools (which is so fortunate) but not my own state school, and being a doctor locally is important to me. Is there any way to know where you fall in the DD status?
mistermustachemom
Full Member
OOS A!!! interviewed 10/9!!! super excited!
as you see, they are sending out some admissions offers todayI’m IS and received a DD in October. I feel like I must have done something wrong in the interview because I have gotten into other schools (which is so fortunate) but not my own state school, and being a doctor locally is important to me. Is there any way to know where you fall in the DD status?
Congratulations on your other acceptances, and if Vermont doesn't come through for you, come back to Vermont for residency
+1 OOS A to VT Campus! Interviewed end of October 🙂
SovjakRaya
Full Member
I was WL last year by the only med school in my state (and did not get a spot). Other applicants had lower gpa, lower MCAT, and less community service and shadowing than me. Honestly I think it’s just random sometimes. But I totally feel you. Being in Northern New England is really hard bc you see so many good applicants who are in state and in region get denied when we have such a shortage of dedicated local docs. I really hope you get a spot. Also you could try sending a LOI or update letter. Worst that happens is they don’t read it :/I’m IS and received a DD in October. I feel like I must have done something wrong in the interview because I have gotten into other schools (which is so fortunate) but not my own state school, and being a doctor locally is important to me. Is there any way to know where you fall in the DD status?
OOS DD—> A today
dang you are killing this cycle. congrats man!OOS DD—> A today
Thanks man!dang you are killing this cycle. congrats man!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Relaxative
Full Member
Does anyone have information of how many people historically have moved from DD to A? Or has admissions given a number they approximate will move from DD to A this year?
SovjakRaya
Full Member
On MSAR it looks like a lot get moved from WL to A. Like hundreds but I’m not sure how that can happen. Do you have access to MSAR?Does anyone have information of how many people historically have moved from DD to A? Or has admissions given a number they approximate will move from DD to A this year?
It sounds like UVM kind of considers DD as their WL, at least that was what I understood from the interview.On MSAR it looks like a lot get moved from WL to A. Like hundreds but I’m not sure how that can happen. Do you have access to MSAR?
custardrepeat
Full Member
OOS II! Complete 7/21
outfishing
Full Member
OOS II! Complete 8/26
Relaxative
Full Member
That is helpful. Thank you. I have access to MSAR. I didn't know it showed waitlist movement data on MSAR. What section is that data presented in?On MSAR it looks like a lot get moved from WL to A. Like hundreds but I’m not sure how that can happen. Do you have access to MSAR?
Edit: Nevermind. I found it. Thank you!
Last edited:
detailgranola_
New Member
I interviewed on 10/29 and it seems like decisions went out yesterday and I haven't heard back. Should I be worried?
Relaxative
Full Member
I don't think so. It looked like about half of my interview date was informed of A's and DD's in November and the other half of A's and DD's were in December. I believe it just takes them time to review the apps. My interview date was first week of October by the way. You'll hear news and there is nothing to worry about.I interviewed on 10/29 and it seems like decisions went out yesterday and I haven't heard back. Should I be worried?
PotatoBean
Full Member
Very unexpected OOS II today. Complete 07/01
Damn 8 As, GG you won lifeVery unexpected OOS II today. Complete 07/01
PotatoBean
Full Member
God-willing we're not done yet 🙏Damn 8 As, GG you won life
SovjakRaya
Full Member
I’m still a little surprised that with a fourth quartile CAPER score, I have not heard back from a single school that required CASPER. Has anyone else experienced this? I’m starting to think CASPER is a scam lol
PotatoBean
Full Member
I honestly blanked both CASPER and PREview out of my mind and can no longer recall which was which. But I did great on one, terribly one the other, and it seems to have had absolutely no impact on my applications whatsoever.I’m still a little surprised that with a fourth quartile CAPER score, I have not heard back from a single school that required CASPER. Has anyone else experienced this? I’m starting to think CASPER is a scam lol
In the whole scheme of things, schools don't care about CASPer or Preview too much.I’m still a little surprised that with a fourth quartile CAPER score, I have not heard back from a single school that required CASPER. Has anyone else experienced this? I’m starting to think CASPER is a scam lol
SovjakRaya
Full Member
It doesn’t seem like it. But then I have to wonder why it’s required 🙄 it’s not the like schools earn any money from having students take it, right?In the whole scheme of things, schools don't care about CASPer or Preview too much.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PotatoBean
Full Member
Supposedly it's in a data-gathering stage to determine how useful it is, how well it aligns with predictive value. Likely there are existing contracts with the appropriate companies that are set for a specific time horizon.It doesn’t seem like it. But then I have to wonder why it’s required 🙄 it’s not the like schools earn any money from having students take it, right?
Chalk it up to a thousand other hoops to jump through. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
seaofterra
Full Member
+OOS II for January 14, so excited, had me sweating
Last edited:
PotatoBean
Full Member
I see by the signature a fellow non-trad (and glutton for punishment). 🙂+OOS II for January 14, so excited, had me sweating
We'll be interviewing the same day; best of luck to you (and everyone else). 💪
SovjakRaya
Full Member
Non trad power!! You got this!! (From a fellow non trad)I see by the signature a fellow non-trad (and glutton for punishment). 🙂
We'll be interviewing the same day; best of luck to you (and everyone else). 💪
Anyone who interviewed around 11/19 know when we will hear back?
Relaxative
Full Member
According this thread, most people are hearing back within the 2-2.5 month timeframe.Anyone who interviewed around 11/19 know when we will hear back?
seaofterra
Full Member
Omg thank you PotatoBean, We got this lets go!!!I see by the signature a fellow non-trad (and glutton for punishment). 🙂
We'll be interviewing the same day; best of luck to you (and everyone else). 💪
For real was a secondary factory, we have to unite in the face of uncertainty (I am also super nontrad lol 6+ years out, and only started the app in Oct/Nov, I a messy girl hopefully they send me the love like with your many A).
SovjakRaya
Full Member
If you’re a super non trad, I’ve got 15 years from when I graduated HS to when I started college in 2021 ^_^, I don’t even know what prefix to use. Giga? Mega?Omg thank you PotatoBean, We got this lets go!!!
For real was a secondary factory, we have to unite in the face of uncertainty (I am also super nontrad lol 6+ years out, and only started the app in Oct/Nov, I a messy girl hopefully they send me the love like with your many A).
seaofterra
Full Member
But honestly, that is awesome. You have a full life that will serve you well in medicine, you GIGA Mega Nontraditional queen.If you’re a super non trad, I’ve got 15 years from when I graduated HS to when I started college in 2021 ^_^, I don’t even know what prefix to use. Giga? Mega?
wackertwiddle54129
Full Member
Haven't heard anything from them; does anybody know if they still have interview spots open/if they're considering applicants?
PotatoBean
Full Member
As evidenced by this thread, interviews have come out as recently as the last weekHaven't heard anything from them; does anybody know if they still have interview spots open/if they're considering applicants?
madnessinmedicine
Full Member
so I was put in DD (delayed decision). I've already sent an update letter before I got this in late December but would it be bad to email them more updates next week? I don't want to seem eager but I really don't know what will come of this :/. Is anyone else in the same position?
During the interview they mentioned (and I quote) that they "love updates" so they seemed to encourage them. It also sounded like DD isn't that bad of a spot to be in, and they reconsider your app after each new batch of interviews.so I was put in DD (delayed decision). I've already sent an update letter before I got this in late December but would it be bad to email them more updates next week? I don't want to seem eager but I really don't know what will come of this :/. Is anyone else in the same position?
D
deleted1194381
any chance for an interview this late in the cycle?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PotatoBean
Full Member
If you scroll up, interviews have come out in the last few/several daysany chance for an interview this late in the cycle?
outfishing
Full Member
For people who have gotten interviews, did you hear back within the timeline they stated in the info session?
No LOLFor people who have gotten interviews, did you hear back within the timeline they stated in the info session?
custardrepeat
Full Member
I interviewed on 1/10 and I think they said around the end of February.For people who have gotten interviews, did you hear back within the timeline they stated in the info session?
ladyleonardoleia
New Member
OOS interview invite received today! Secondary submitted 7/28.