4GGoat About It (GGoats 4) - GAME THREAD (Day 6)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
YOU WEREN'T KATIE'S ONLY FRIEND TYVM!!!

We had our differences, but she's my ride-or-die sad_angry
I also might be reading too much into this but this sounds like banter between teammates, and a playful "how could you?" from a fellow wolf, so fauna is also on my sus list.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You can attribute my early village reads of spurs to (probably repeating myself too much here), me not having played more than one previous game with him. i think the analysis in our early day and nights was in-depth, and you can see his summaries completely dropped off. Some cornered defensiveness as well over the past day or two. So, i will make my case that I am certainly not defending him by this point. To me, he has already proven himself guilty.
it was actually this hedging quote about zönge that caught my attention:
Zenge is probably my runner-up for suspicion, although a lot of the reasons others have provided I think circle back to comparing how "v!Zenge" zenge seems, which I can't add to as someone who only has played one game here before.
 
i can't believe i missed this the first time.
Can you please explain what you think you're seeing here?

katie just graduated from the vet school at the university where I am faculty, and we've had some pretty dramatic games recently. If you're going to find some hidden meaning in a line that was coded for a player who is dead, I'd like to understand.
 
unyeet spurs
vote sleep
Can you explain this to me?

I've never seen sleep invoked outside of F4, so I'm trying to understand the thought process here. Are you unable to find a Zenge pack that doesn't include me for some reason?

@sovreijn and @fauna take note that genny can't make sense of a Zenge/Spurs pack. So please actually take a look at the conversation we had earlier to understand why I think I'm pretty much unpaired from Zenge.
 

Can you please explain what you think you're seeing here?

katie just graduated from the vet school at the university where I am faculty, and we've had some pretty dramatic games recently. If you're going to find some hidden meaning in a line that was coded for a player who is dead, I'd like to understand.
your ride-or-die... died.
 
your ride-or-die... died.
Presenting Sterling Archer GIF
 
I've never seen sleep invoked outside of F4, so I'm trying to understand the thought process here.
6 players, presumably 2 wolves. we yeet a villager, game over after wolves make their nk. we don't yeet anyone, but wolves kill overnight and narrow the pool. risky in that we have to get the whole village to vote together, but better odds of getting a hit.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm going to trust Katie's gut and take a closer look at Spurs tomorrow.

Will also re-examine Fauna and Sov. I feel like they've just been flying under the radar for a couple cycles now.

I was operating under the assumption that we were dealing with 2 wolves-now 1 wolf- and a 3p cult. Would seem kinda broken for a 3p converter to exist alongside the usual trio of wolves.
 
6 players, presumably 2 wolves. we yeet a villager, game over after wolves make their nk. we don't yeet anyone, but wolves kill overnight and narrow the pool. risky in that we have to get the whole village to vote together, but better odds of getting a hit.
I... don't believe you earnestly believe in the sleep vote.

Like, apologies to the other players, but there are multiple alive players whose v!death would not help narrow the playing field.

This also makes clear you either don't believe in the cult, or you're reaction testing me. You'd never give a potential cult an extra night for whatever their action is.
 
I... don't believe you earnestly believe in the sleep vote.

Like, apologies to the other players, but there are multiple alive players whose v!death would not help narrow the playing field.

This also makes clear you either don't believe in the cult, or you're reaction testing me. You'd never give a potential cult an extra night for whatever their action is.
sounds like you're the one who's anti-sleep
 
ok then i'm going to need for you to come up with an alternative that's not me
You know I can't do that.

I have 2 votes and a faux vote (you) on me. Right now, it's going to be assumed that anything I'm saying is anti-spew. If you actively don't believe I'm a wolf, YOU are going to need to convince the remaining town that that is the case.

If you think I'm a wolf and you're just milking me for information on my packmate that doesn't exist (or if you're a wolf who has convinced at least 1 villager to vote with you), then the town has already lost.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ok that's not very village-minded of you
lol I know it's not.

I'll do a song and dance about other players if you like, but this is a referendum on me and if I'm a wolf or not. There are 4 other players, and if the two remaining wolves are in those 4 we have to find them together. If it helps, I'll give you this one for free that you probably already figured out: it's not RDR.
 
I should just vote genny because I can’t make sense of anything else, but out of respect for how she is actually listening to me I’m going to sleep on it.
these nk choices are not my style. katie just declared me village, no way in heck would i kill her. the fact that you're still pushing me and unwilling to consider any other names is wolfy.
 
these nk choices are not my style. katie just declared me village, no way in heck would i kill her. the fact that you're still pushing me and unwilling to consider any other names is wolfy.
I don’t think the first part is true—I could imagine a world where you wanted Katie’s dying words to be condemning me and never getting a chance to think about why on earth a zenge/me pack would suddenly attack her when she was voting with me.

And classically you’re correct, as the most sus person I should find the other wolves to prove I’m towny. I literally can’t find a pack that makes what happened last night make sense without you. And I am shocked that the other players who are voting aren’t considering that.

I’ll think it over again tomorrow and see if something else shakes out.
 
I also might be reading too much into this but this sounds like banter between teammates, and a playful "how could you?" from a fellow wolf, so fauna is also on my sus list.
i have seen him crash out like this before. i think he basically tries to shoehorn in jokes/lightheartedness to seem more relaxed and less panicked about things before he then goes in on his next essay or next questions.
 
Can you explain this to me?

I've never seen sleep invoked outside of F4, so I'm trying to understand the thought process here. Are you unable to find a Zenge pack that doesn't include me for some reason?

@sovreijn and @fauna take note that genny can't make sense of a Zenge/Spurs pack. So please actually take a look at the conversation we had earlier to understand why I think I'm pretty much unpaired from Zenge.
You are unpaired with Zenge in that you are a standard wolf, methinks 🤣
 
i have seen him crash out like this before. i think he basically tries to shoehorn in jokes/lightheartedness to seem more relaxed and less panicked about things before he then goes in on his next essay or next questions.
Got any examples (is that allowed?), because you could just be saying that to cover for an element of it I could be correct on. I really need to do a good deep dive on you today (and Spurs for that matter) to see if I can pull anything from this game to prove my suspicions besides just vibes. Do you think Spurs is wolf yourself?

Vampy and I are also going to get our cat today though so that might be a distraction!!
 
Got any examples (is that allowed?), because you could just be saying that to cover for an element of it I could be correct on. I really need to do a good deep dive on you today (and Spurs for that matter) to see if I can pull anything from this game to prove my suspicions besides just vibes. Do you think Spurs is wolf yourself?

Vampy and I are also going to get our cat today though so that might be a distraction!!
yes! it’s allowed but that stardeww thread is massive so hold please!

and yes lol i already voted. spurs is a tough one bc he has a distinct playstyle regardless of affiliation, he was town in jawws and still did that thing where he posts the summaries and is very inquisitive but i just feel like when he gets the heat on him, that’s when more comes to light. it goes from the more laid back “hey this is what’s going on” to trying really hard to push a narrative. maybe that’s what he does in general when he’s got a spotlight on him? but i think it’s wolfy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad