This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tnpremed96

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alrighty folks just got word of my mcat score and a bit disappointed
508 (128/123/127/130)
As you can see everything else is fine but CARS killed me...if I had even scored an average 125 then I would be happy ugh!! I've never scored that low. Is an uneven breakdown a red flag? On AAMC, I scored 508 FL1, 515 FL2, 516 FL3...so yeah shocking

This is also a retake - my first attempt was 500 (125/125/125/125)
uGPA is 3.3 but I am in a postbacc masters program right now and hope to get at least a 3.7

Should I consider retaking for the third time just to get a well-rounded, more representative score? Or do I still have a decent chance at MD schools such as ETSU, UTHSC, Loyola, Drexel?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your state schools are your realistic choices for MD schools. You should also apply to at least 10 DO schools and you are competitive for all DO schools. You could try some OOS MD schools such as these:
New York Medical College
Quinnipiac
Drexel
Temple
Penn State
George Washington
Seton Hall
NOVA MD
Oakland Beaumont
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Creighton

Reactions: 1 user
Your state schools are your realistic choices for MD schools. You should also apply to at least 10 DO schools and you are competitive for all DO schools. You could try some OOS MD schools such as these:
New York Medical College
Quinnipiac
Drexel
Temple
Penn State
George Washington
Seton Hall
NOVA MD
Oakland Beaumont
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Creighton
do you advise retaking in maybe january or june?

You do not need to retake the MCAT. There is always some risk that your score could be lower than your recent 508.