2023-2024 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just Got an A

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II received yesterday, I did initially have an interview hold for a few months. I’m declining my interview, best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 1 user
Do we think the waitlist movement will start in 2-3 weeks?

hey guys, currently an OMS-1 here. I am looking for a female roommate to split the rent with me for next year. I live at Magnolia Preserve apartments, which I don't want to move out of because of how nice the apartments are and the location is pretty convenient too. It's a 2-bedroom/2-bath and rent is $1410. It doesn't include water/electricity/wifi, but the other components usually add up to ~$200/person when split. I'm willing to answer questions about the place, so feel free to shoot me a DM

Just released my A, wishing you guys the best of luck! It's a pretty dope school and the current classmates there already look like they're a fun group.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone on Priority Waitlist? My portal just says "Waitlisted'

Waitlisted today. Anyone have any insight on waitlist movement? From this cycle or others? Thanks

Waitlisted today. Anyone have any insight on waitlist movement? From this cycle or others? Thanks
Loads of movement from both priority and regular waitlist. I recommend sending update letter in a few weeks to let them know you're still interested!

Thanks! Few more q’s If u don’t mind, would they have specified priority or regular waitlist in the initial email? Also, if you know, when does the movement usually begin or is it just as people release their A’s? Thanks again lol

Does anyone know if the studio apartment at summer field is small or a decent size.

Thanks! Few more q’s If u don’t mind, would they have specified priority or regular waitlist in the initial email? Also, if you know, when does the movement usually begin or is it just as people release their A’s? Thanks again lol
I think they would have specified priority in the initial email, though it can't hurt to ask admissions. Movement typically happens as people release their A's, so expect a lot of movement as MD decisions are due. I was regular waitlist and I got in towards the end of may, but I remember seeing a lot of movement before that. Hoping for the best for you!

Reactions: 1 users
Does the waitlist movement start in April?

Are there any updates on WL or any movement so far or still too early?

Withdrew my WL position today, gud luck

Did anyone ever find out if they were placed in the PWL? My portal still says Waitlisted

I was waitlisted back in early October 2023. I sent out an letter of continued interest in February this year. When I called them around late March they said they would be sending out more information by approximately this time (halfway through April). Wondering if I should just call again for any updates or if anyone got further updates.

I was waitlisted back in early October 2023. I sent out a letter of continued interest in February this year. When I called them around late March they said they would be sending out more information by approximately this time (halfway through April). Wondering if I should just call again for any updates or if anyone got further updates.
I got waitlisted beginning of February and I haven’t heard of any updates. I was thinking about sending a letter of continued interest next week…

I got waitlisted beginning of February and I haven’t heard of any updates. I was thinking about sending a letter of continued interest next week…

I also got waitlisted in Feb as well and I sent a LOI and got a response back that they added it to my file. I’m just getting a little anxious though because I heard of some people getting calls but I haven’t really heard anything :(

• Sad
I also got waitlisted in Feb as well and I sent a LOI and got a response back that they added it to my file. I’m just getting a little anxious though because I heard of some people getting calls but I haven’t really heard anything :(
I am praying that after the April 30th deadline there will be more WL movement. I haven’t seen much posts here. The thread from last year reported WL movement earlier than the thread from this year. Or maybe people aren’t posting.

I am praying that after the April 30th deadline there will be more WL movement. I haven’t seen much posts here. The thread from last year reported WL movement earlier than the thread from this year. Or maybe people aren’t posting.

I think people aren’t posting because I have a friend that got a call but they declined it. So I feel that they are making calls but no one is posting… i keep hearing there is more movement after that may 1st deadline so I’m keeping hope. I heard they are having an experience ACOM event may 3rd but I hope they have one after for people accepted during may

Current 1st year if you have any questions feel free to message me!
Hey can you tell me a little more about how the clinical rotations work? For example, if you are doing a rotation in north Alabama or Florida that is 3-4 weeks long where do you stay when your not in the hospital? Do you have to drive 3-4 hours each day to the site?

Hey can you tell me a little more about how the clinical rotations work? For example, if you are doing a rotation in north Alabama or Florida that is 3-4 weeks long where do you stay when your not in the hospital? Do you have to drive 3-4 hours each day to the site?
You'll be assigned a core site through a lottery process during the spring of second year. This is where you'll live for at least your third year (and fourth, if you'd like). For example, if your core site is Gadsden, AL, you'll move up there after boards and complete your third year there. You can complete rotations at other sites (especially if your core site doesn't have a rotation available), and everyone has to go down to Dothan for rural medicine. ACOM provides housing while you're completing your rural rotation (and other rotations in Dothan, if space is available).

During fourth year, you can stay at your core site and do rotations, do rotations at other sites, or complete away rotations. If you're completing an away rotation, you'll likely have to pay rent for both your apartment/house at your core site, as well as your housing during your rotation. This is why it's recommended to stay with friends, residents, or see if your rotations will provide housing. Some students head home (or to places where they have connections) and complete their entire fourth year out somewhere on their own.

For what it's worth, I rarely have to drive more than 15 minutes for any of my rotations, and my site has tons of electives available. After I complete my audition/away rotations, I plan on staying at my core site for the rest of my fourth year. I hope this helps! Feel free to reach out if you (or anyone else in this thread) have any questions!

Reactions: 6 users
If anyone is looking to live at Summerfield Square and has any questions feel free to DM me! I'm a current OMS-I who lives at Summerfield. I also have a referral code for anyone who hasn't signed a lease yet :)