This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Actin11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Physiology for me was almost no memorization. My professor was a big fan of conceptual 2 or 3 step questions. The thing that I found helpful, which I think can apply to any class, is find someone you can teach the material to. The more I explain the concepts or mechanisms to someone, the more I solidify those concepts in my mind. Always try to understand why something happens. By applying your knowledge of gen bio, you should be able to figure out the "why" to almost everything. My class was A&P, the lecture was the P and the lab was the A. Anatomy itself was all rote memorization. If you have an anatomy lab, spend time studying the cadaver. Often times, students would study from the book or online dissection tool, which doesn't account for anatomical differences or the specific layout of the anatomy in the cadaver they were being tested on.

For ochem - I prefer Wade's Organic Chemistry + Klein's Organic Chem as a 2nd Language + whatever YouTube resource suits your needs (there's tons out there). Read the TB, do practice problems, and try to understand the foundation of ochem and you'll see the class gets a lot more negative flack than it deserves.

For physic (A&P in many cases) - read the textbook (there's quite a few out there so whatever your prof assigns should be fine). It does tend to be a memorization heavy course but you've done pretty well so far in general bio so it's not gonna be that much more different.

Remember to go to office hrs,TA sessions, work w/ people, etc.