AMCAS Verification Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fishy fish

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

General question about the application process: So I submitted to a throwaway school for verification on June 17th (wish I had submitted earlier). I assume my application won't be verified until first or second week of July. My question is, is there any advantage to adding the other schools I'm interested in now versus later in the verification process (say early July)? Will the schools receive my application earlier if I submit today versus let's say a day or 2 before the verification process is complete? I am asking because I'm waiting on my letters of rec and don't want to submit to schools until I'm sure my writers will actually turn them in.

Members don't see this ad.

1) You can add schools now but I suggest that wait until verification is complete; I just dont wait some unforeseen technical glitch by opening the app, adding schools and then resubmitting the app.
2) adding schools after verification will have them transmitted in one business day so no gain in time adding them now
3) you can add letters AFTER you have submitted app to school
4) make sure your letters are in AMCAS before attaching them. while you can attach letters before then arrive, you cant unattached if they never show up

Thank you!!!