anyone hear form michigan state post interview??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calipaww

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys anyone who interviewed at michigan state around the 14th hear from them yet. they said they would call if the news was good. any word???

Members don't see this ad.

i haven't even heard from them since i sent my $55!! i'm an out-of-stater and wondering just how long this may take? any advice?
streetdoc

Originally posted by streetdoc
i haven't even heard from them since i sent my $55!! i'm an out-of-stater and wondering just how long this may take? any advice?
streetdoc

They screen applicants, only 25% get secondaries. Especially since ur out of state, unless you have extremely high MCAt scores, u wont hear from them no time soon. They are dealing with instaters with high MCAT scores, then those with average scores, then maybe some out of state. I've worked in the office there for several years now, and I can tell you that they dont take too many out of state students, and even then its most California students, and maybe 1 or 2 from Canada.

Members don't see this ad :)
actually i am out of state and i interviewed waiting for a reply from them and my MCAT scores are on the lower end , below 30 so you never know.

Originally posted by calipaww
actually i am out of state and i interviewed waiting for a reply from them and my MCAT scores are on the lower end , below 30 so you never know.

Thats great. Notice I said the majority of people out of state are from California, CHM loves Cali people, so hopefully since your location says Cali, then you should get an acceptance soon:clap:

hey-- i interviewed at MSU on the 14th and have not gotten that Tuesday night phone call they claimed was going to happen.

Perhaps the whole holiday thing threw them off a week...

hope you get good news!

scott

I was interviewed on 10/31 and got the Tuesday night phone call while in CA on DO interviews. It's my only MD acceptance thus far and my stats are: MA resident, MCAT 29, GPA 3.5. Needless to say, I'm still praying for UMass but at least I have ONE acceptance!!!:clap:

CONGRATS MD2007!:clap: :clap: :clap:
thanks for your post and for including your stats. i have similar numbers and some ties to Michigan...do you have any connections to the state? and what impressed you about the school?
thanks
and congrats again,
streetdoc