2023-2024 Michigan State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is WL that same as alternate here? Also maybe a lot of people who are waitlisted get in cuz the avg acceptance was 510 on MSAR but average matriculated was 506 so maybe a lot of those who were accepted go somewhere else.

Is WL that same as alternate here? Also maybe a lot of people who are waitlisted get in cuz the avg acceptance was 510 on MSAR but average matriculated was 506 so maybe a lot of those who were accepted go somewhere else.
Yes, alternate and waitlist mean the same thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know what MSU's decision dates are? I know previous years they posted on their website, but it's not available this present cycle.

Waitlisted just now. Interviewed 11/1. IS applicant

+1 WL today. Interviewed on 11/17, IS.

I know there’s still a chance but I’d be lying if I wasn’t incredibly disappointed. Especially having little to no incite about what their WL process even looks like

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if they are still sending out IIs?

Reactions: 1 user
Just out of curiosity, for those of you that got IIs in November, when was your interview scheduled for?

I was just given a single time and they said show up on this day! LOL no choice of when it was, ofc they allow you to reach out if it doesn't work for your schedule. I was however given a choice of when my current medical student interview would be - just as long as it was within 5 days of MMI portion.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!
What day was your interview?

Anyone with A’s have advice on how to prepare for the mmi?

Last edited:
I have a LM 63, submitted secondaries around end of October, in state applicant. Have around 5,500 clinical hours, traditional student. Still no interview, getting nervous. If I submitted secondaries in october on average how long would it take to hear back?

Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a LM 63, submitted secondaries around end of October, in state applicant. Have around 5,500 clinical hours, traditional student. Still no interview, getting nervous. If I submitted secondaries in october on average how long would it take to hear back?

Thanks guys!
There doesn't seem to be a timeline esp cause each app is different, but (n=1) I submitted in August and got II in November. So maybe around end of Jan?

OOS Pre-II R today. Complete 8/12 Not too surprising but still disappointing. Good luck everyone!

Pre II R :(
Interviewed there last cycle, completed the self assessment and I thought i had a decent shot. Guess it wasn't meant to be

IS A. Interviewed 1/17. Submitted early October. She mentioned she had one more call to make after mine for another students A.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
IS A. Interviewed 1/17. Submitted early October. She mentioned she had one more call to make after mine for another students A.
Awesome, congrats! Did they also mention a 4-6 week turnaround time for a decision during your interview? Seems like they are going quicker than that.

For those of you guys on the Alternate list, when is the best time to submit and update/LOI? As soon as possible or closer to decision day?

Awesome, congrats! Did they also mention a 4-6 week turnaround time for a decision during your interview? Seems like they are going quicker than that.
When I interviewed on 1/12, I think they told us 6-8 weeks, but it may have been 4-6 weeks. Anyways, I got my decision in 12 days! They were QUICK

Reactions: 1 users
When I interviewed on 1/12, I think they told us 6-8 weeks, but it may have been 4-6 weeks. Anyways, I got my decision in 12 days! They were QUICK
That's good to hear, I had my interview this last week. I felt great about both the student interview and the MMI, I'm really hoping for some good news because MSUCHM is my dream school...

That's good to hear, I had my interview this last week. I felt great about both the student interview and the MMI, I'm really hoping for some good news because MSUCHM is my dream school...

Best of luck! If you felt good about it, chances are, you really did do great!!

This is obviously an insane question lol, but it seems like some people who interviewed 1/12 got their acceptances on 1/24 and some people who interviewed 1/17 got acceptances 1/31. Would you think that this means that if you interviewed 1/17 and didn’t get an acceptance on 1/31, will probs be on waitlist?

This is obviously an insane question lol, but it seems like some people who interviewed 1/12 got their acceptances on 1/24 and some people who interviewed 1/17 got acceptances 1/31. Would you think that this means that if you interviewed 1/17 and didn’t get an acceptance on 1/31, will probs be on waitlist?
Not for sure but imo I would lean towards WL based on past threads

I’m sure people have talked about this. But how likely is it to get off waitlist? And does anyone know how they do the waitlist? Like is it based on who was waitlisted earlier on/later on (earlier waitlisted students get in first)?

Hi guys did everyone who interview get the email about the post interview day student panel on zoom on 1/29/24. I was unable to attend because of work but was curious if attending this helps in getting admitted?

I’m sure people have talked about this. But how likely is it to get off waitlist? And does anyone know how they do the waitlist? Like is it based on who was waitlisted earlier on/later on (earlier waitlisted students get in first)?

How many people do they accept off the waitlist? Is there data from previous years? I looked at past threads and it didn’t look like many people were getting accepted off the waitlist, or I could be wrong and just didn’t pay attention enough

Also trying to find info on this, but it has been difficult. I know they say the WL varies year to year, but it would be helpful to know what the trends have looked like in recent years.

Hi guys did everyone who interview get the email about the post interview day student panel on zoom on 1/29/24. I was unable to attend because of work but was curious if attending this helps in getting admitted?
I wasn't able to attend the post interview day panel and just received the A call today, so I don't think they hold it against you.