2023-2024 Michigan State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS pre-II R last night

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the IS R email. In previous cycles, was interviewed and waitlisted. Did the self assessment, was told to up my volunteering which I did.

After all this, it's finally time to hang up my MSU MD dreams.

Good luck to all of you who are still in the ring.
This got me worried bc I, too, am a reapplicant and interviewed with CHM last cycle. I did the assessment and received feedback too.
Sending good vibes your way!

Reactions: 1 user
This got me worried bc I, too, am a reapplicant and interviewed with CHM last cycle. I did the assessment and received feedback too.
Sending good vibes your way!
I wish you luck. It has me feeling some type of way because they literally said everything checked out I just needed more volunteering, so I literally did that over 2 cycles just to get this result. When I interviewed I was put on alternate list and only rejected come August so I felt like I had at least some good chance!

I wish you luck. It has me feeling some type of way because they literally said everything checked out I just needed more volunteering, so I literally did that over 2 cycles just to get this result. When I interviewed I was put on alternate list and only rejected come August so I felt like I had at least some good chance!
I don’t know if this will help, but I found MSUs feedback session to be somewhat useless in comparison to the other schools. They asked me “what I thought I needed more of” and after having 1000 hours of volunteering, clinical, and research each with stats well above their averages, I honestly didn’t know what I needed more of. Used a very similar PS and secondary this cycle and got an II instead of an R like last cycle, so I’m pretty sure the whole thing is super arbitrary.

if you dont mind me asking, when did you interview when you got alternate listed

Did you have an interview this year or did they reject you before interview?

I don’t know if this will help, but I found MSUs feedback session to be somewhat useless in comparison to the other schools. They asked me “what I thought I needed more of” and after having 1000 hours of volunteering, clinical, and research each with stats well above their averages, I honestly didn’t know what I needed more of. Used a very similar PS and secondary this cycle and got an II instead of an R like last cycle, so I’m pretty sure the whole thing is super arbitrary.
I've heard this from someone else too. Ugh just bizarre.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Applied in July and heard nothing. Does anyone know if they will send out more II?

When reapplying, do schools have access to your previous cycle application and secondary?

If you interviewed 11/16 or 11/17 and haven’t heard back, like this message.

Reactions: 5 users
Did everybody who expressed interest in MD and MPH dual enrollment receive an email yesterday?

Reactions: 2 users
Do you think it’s required that we set up a meeting?
I didn't think so? I was also confused because I'm still waiting on a decision, so I didn't think this would be relevant unless I got an acceptance to the MD program

pre ii R. OOS. Complete 08/29

• Care
Hi can someone who has interviewed have any tips, please pm me, please

If there's a current student in this forum, does anyone know the most recent Step 1 pass percentage? They only have listed up to 2021 data, so I'm just concerned that they're not reporting them for a reason. I am accepted and just want to know if their Step prep is quality.

If there's a current student in this forum, does anyone know the most recent Step 1 pass percentage? They only have listed up to 2021 data, so I'm just concerned that they're not reporting them for a reason. I am accepted and just want to know if their Step prep is quality.
From what I have learned from other students you will have an ample amount of time to prepare for step with how the curriculum is set up. It ultimately depends on what type of student you are. People who are able to study and be disciplined on their own without much structure tend to enjoy the curriculum. There is not the stress of exams every other week and we will not learn by basis of system but by chief complaint. From what I learned students typically study using third party materials and also try to keep up with the content the school offers. But I have spoken to some students who were passing their step practice exams as an M1. But it will just depend on what type of curriculum you would like best.

From what I have learned from other students you will have an ample amount of time to prepare for step with how the curriculum is set up. It ultimately depends on what type of student you are. People who are able to study and be disciplined on their own without much structure tend to enjoy the curriculum. There is not the stress of exams every other week and we will not learn by basis of system but by chief complaint. From what I learned students typically study using third party materials and also try to keep up with the content the school offers. But I have spoken to some students who were passing their step practice exams as an M1. But it will just depend on what type of curriculum you would like best.
Thank you so much - this was very informative!

Have there been any additional acceptance notifications since 12/12? Haven’t seen anyone post anything here since then.

Have there been any additional acceptance notifications since 12/12? Haven’t seen anyone post anything here since then.
I don’t believe so - I would guess since today is Tuesday (a day they have historically sent out some decisions) they might be meeting today and sending out decisions this week! Not 100% sure, but it seems to be ample time after the holidays for them to resume normal admissions business! Hoping to hear back sometime soon :)

My interview is next week....any tips on what to expect?

The committee did meet yesterday so I guess just sdn people didn’t hear back lol

Just got the A call about 10 minutes ago! Interviewed 11/17

Reactions: 5 users
Just got the A call about 10 minutes ago! Interviewed 11/17

AHH CONGRATS FUTURE DOCTOR!!! Are you IS or OOS? That’s so exciting! I just interviewed last week so I wonder how long it will take them to catch up on admissions notifications. Hoping to hear back by early February.

AHH CONGRATS FUTURE DOCTOR!!! Are you IS or OOS? That’s so exciting! I just interviewed last week so I wonder how long it will take them to catch up on admissions notifications. Hoping to hear back by early February.
IS! Born and Raised Michigander :)

What time and days do they usually call people, If anyone could please lmk?

Usually Tuesday night, but they called someone this afternoon so idk at this point