2023-2024 Michigan State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I went to the post-interview student panel and they said the committee is meeting only one more time before the holidays so "if you haven't heard anything yet, you probably won't get an answer until after Christmas"
Nooooooo. But in the past, there was a Decision Day in December…..

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone mind sharing a general idea of how your interview went/what to expect?

TYIA!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait I’m pretty sure decisions are released next week based on previous years

Reactions: 1 users
Is it too early to send a letter of interest since I haven’t heard anything? If it’s not too early, who would I send it to?

Reactions: 1 user
Is WL and alternate the same thing? I thought for some schools those are separate and some use it synonymously

if placed on the alternate list, when is it recommended to send update letters or letters of interest?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully some answers today (InshAllah). Historically some decisions are released this week.

Reactions: 4 users
Well last year 12/14 Wed was a decision notification day but i hear they like to call people Tues nights

Do they typically only call once a week or do we think they will make calls tomorrow as well?

OOS silence :/ Complete 08/29. Does anyone know if they're still sending out OOS IIs?

So I called admissions and they said they don’t necessarily review interviews in the order received. But idk how they do it if people got answers for 11/30 but not 11/16 IIs. So maybe they didn’t get to everyone in each of those days?? She said she doesn’t know if they meet next week but I doubt it.

So I called admissions and they said they don’t necessarily review interviews in the order received. But idk how they do it if people got answers for 11/30 but not 11/16 IIs. So maybe they didn’t get to everyone in each of those days?? She said she doesn’t know if they meet next week but I doubt it.
I was 11/16 interview and received my A. It's possible they have a weird internal system that ranks the applicants or something. I know they don't review applications necessarily in the order they get them

If we get pulled off the waitlist, do they just put us in whatever campus has spots left? I very much so would like to go to the GR campus but not sure if that’s how it works

If we get pulled off the waitlist, do they just put us in whatever campus has spots left? I very much so would like to go to the GR campus but not sure if that’s how it works
Assuming you get off the waitlist after they've made campus placement decisions (April 2024), then you would likely end up at the EL campus as the GR campus fills up first and has a waitlist.

So do people get rejected post II early on at chm? I haven’t seen any this year and in past threads as well.

So is the committee meeting this week for decisions? Don’t give me hope 🤣
my deep research into previous threads and this years is that Monday and Tuesdays are A calls, and the rest of the days are WLs. Thus, I hope you get a call today or tomorrow

Reactions: 1 users
IS pre-II R just now :// soul crushing but it’s not meant for me I guess

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
IS pre-II R LM 70.4 kinda sad because I thought I was a good fit…

• Care
Got the IS R email. In previous cycles, was interviewed and waitlisted. Did the self assessment, was told to up my volunteering which I did.

After all this, it's finally time to hang up my MSU MD dreams.

Good luck to all of you who are still in the ring.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users