Anyone interviewing at Purdue on Friday?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greenie53

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I figured I'd start a Purdue thread considering there isn't one and those of us who are interviewing are all doing it on Friday..

Anyone staying at Hampton Inn?

Anyone seen the vet school, any opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

Not this Friday, but next Friday!

I'm staying with my uncle and aunt.

I interview the 29th, I think. I interviewed last year and stayed at the Purdue Union hotel dealy on campus. It's nice, and that's where they have the dinner that night. I really really liked the people and curriculum set-up there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh I'm sorry- I thought from the way they worded the letter everyone was interviewing on the same day

I'm interviewing the 29th. I think everyone is interviewing the same day, aren't they?

I'm staying at the Campus Inn:
http://www.campusinnatpurdue.com/

I have reservations at the Union but I figure I can handle a 5 min walk to the Union and I can save myself some $$. I'll probably cancel those as it gets closer. Anyone else staying there?

Also, anyone know what building we'll be going to? I haven't located my interview letter again (lost in some pile, I'm sure) so I can't remember if they specifically tell us where to go?

I wonder when we'll hear back about acceptances/rejections. I hope it's soon after!!! :D

I am interviewing on the 29th as well.

I'm interviewing the 29th. I think everyone is interviewing the same day, aren't they?

No, I interviewed yesterday with a whole bunch of people. There are two interview dates, mine and the 29. Good luck to everyone on the 29! I hope it doesn't snow as bad as it did for you guys as it did yesterday :(

PS- definitely bring something to entertain yourself with cause it's a long day (They try to do residents in the morning and OOS in the afternoon btw) I'm OOS but fortunately mine was one of the earliest OOS interviews at noon.

how did interviews go for those of you who went this past friday?

I have mine on the 29th also.....I'm SO nervous!

My interview is on the 29th too :)

Anyone know when the dinner is going to be? because I have some relatives there and they want to know my schedule on Friday.

I did not go to the dinner, but the majority of the people went. I think it starts at about 6pm and lasts until ~9pm.

General schedule: Get there freakin early at 7am or earlier (I got there at 6:50 and there was a bit of a line- no biggie though cause theyre not going to start without you!). Sign in, wait, general meeting from about 7:15 - 7:30 am. Interviews for mostly residents in the morning start at 7:45 - 12:30, lunch break (provide your own). In the morning while you wait, there is a bus tour of the campus, and you can sit in on some first year classes. Around lunch time there are vet school tours. Interviews start again at 1:15 - 5pm ish.

Last week they had 7 "interview teams" going on and most people thought everyone was pretty nice. Questions were mostly behavioral based but more self directed than for example U of Illinois if any of you did those. (Meaning, the questions were not as cut and dry prepared, but more adapted to how you answered in a previous question if that makes sense...)

I hope that helps! It really does suck that they don't give out interview times because they def. have it all scheduled already, but oh well. Good luck everyone :luck:

i am also going to be at the interview this friday! :)

i am also going to be at the interview this friday! :)

cuvet, I just noticed your username...does the CU stand for Cornell? I'm an ansci major there. perhaps I know you?

see you all on friday!!

shemari....No, I actually am animal & vet. science major at Clemson University.

Anyone who lives near Purdue have any clue on what the weather's suppose to be like the next few days up there?

Looking forward to meeting everyone!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely thought I replied to this - haha, who knows!

I checked weather.com -
Fri Feb 29 - Rain / Snow Showers - 39°/20°

My southern bootie is going to be ccccccold! Should we have a secret hand signal for SDN awesomeness?

so what did everyone think?

hope everyone's interview day went well :)

I had a lot of fun! It actually moved up on my list after the day. I think it's a fun place to be with lots to offer. My interviewers were friendly and interested and I enjoyed it. Actually, I'm posting from the Purdue Memorial Union right now! :D I'm not flying back to Maine until tomorrow morning so another full day of Purdue!

Oh, I wanted to edit this to add that I met some REALLY nice people that I think I'd have a blast with if they were in my class. Seriously, some really cool people!

Thank you greenie for the info! it was really helpful :)

as for the interview, it went well. The interviewers were really nice, and I like Dr. Green a lot :)

Talking through the mic at the dinner was a bit scarry :scared:...lol...I just sorta mumbled some words and passed the mic to someone else at my table.

Talking through the mic at the dinner was a bit scarry :scared:...lol...I just sorta mumbled some words and passed the mic to someone else at my table.

:laugh: Yes, I would have to agree! Oh my goodness, I did not expect that. I felt bad for the girl who came in late and they still went over and found her and had her announce who she was. It was really neat to hear where everyone was from, though. It seemed like *a lot* of people went to/were currently attending Purdue.

Well I'm glad I could help :)

Can't wait till people call me Dr. Green!! :D

I know interviews just happened, but does anyone know when decisions may go out? I'm guessing the end of March?

The purple page in the packet says mid-March, any only to call to ask if you haven't heard by April.

I have a few friends at the school right now and they said that they got letters after spring break...which by the way, purdue's sb is this week, so probably next week we will get our letters :)

I know this doesn't matter but the pharmacy school is sending out their letters either this friday or monday (so, maybe the vet school is like that too?)

I am so excited! And nervous! :D It seems like we have waited so long even though interviews were only a couple weeks ago ... :p

Hey Purdue people!!

I was accepted via snail mail today :hardy::hardy: and I am OOS, but I saw on the acceptance thread that other OOSers got a phone call from the Dean too! So now I'm jealous :laugh:, what's with that??? I am still of course, very happy though- just wondering why some people got special phone calls and others did not :confused:

Good luck for all of you who haven't heard yet!
And congrats to those who've been accepted!!

Congrats to you Greenie (you are going to be Dr. Green someday)!!! XD

I think the reason why the Dean decided to call me is that I am from CA...and it takes a while for the mail to get here (btw i still didn't receive the letter yet, and I want to stalk the mailman just to be sure that this is not a dream o_O)

Though I have to tell you that I missed the Dean's call on Wednesday...and he left a message w/o saying anything about my getting accepted. He just said that he wanted to discuss my application with me. I totally freaked out until yesterday morning...he called me back and told me the good news, and I am on cloud 9 ever since ^o^

I should be home for spring break right now, but instead I'm staying an extra day to check my mail! I'm in NY, so maybe tomorrow is the day-Ruth from admissions/student services said they were sent out on Wednesday.

Shortening my spring break for one letter...That's how bad I've gotten about admissions...But I don't know, I have a really bad feeling about what's written on my letter...:( Eek I'm so scared!

i got my letter earlier today...& i've been accepted!!!:) (OOS)

congrats greenie53 & tigger4ever!

Congrats everyone! I am really excited about my acceptance. I'm still waiting to hear from NCSU (eek instate) so we'll see! But I am tres happy! :)

ahh the lovely waitlist for me....waitlists love me, apparently.

Found that out after I got another girl's acceptance letter (ps, congrats K.P!) in my envelope. I was on cloud 10,000 until my sister pointed out the letter itself was not addressed to me! Eek!

Does anyone know how many there are on the alternate list, and if there are separate lists for OOS and IS? I'm OOS.

then I can't help but wonder, did my interview go THAT badly? I wish they'd tell me why I'm an alternate!

but congrats to you guys who got in! here's hoping I get to see you come fall!

Found that out after I got another girl's acceptance letter (ps, congrats K.P!) in my envelope. I was on cloud 10,000 until my sister pointed out the letter itself was not addressed to me! Eek!

shemari - that is just awful.... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

rooting for you to get in from the waitlist... :luck:

Shemari, that is so awful! I'm sorry!