This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I matched! Thank you so much for your support during this phase!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 24 users
After a long sleepless night, I matched to my first choice. Best wishes to you all, and thanks for helping me get through this past month.

Matched to my second choice! Really was a toss up between first and second so I’m super excited. Thanks everyone for all of the support and encouragement throughout all of this!

Members don't see this ad :)
I matched!!! Was definitely a wild ride and I was legitimately scared I would not match in phase two but here we are! So happy to be done with this part of the process :) thank you to everyone on this forum for you much needed support and congratulations!

Reactions: 25 users
Good morning everyone. I matched with my number one! So happy that I dont have to live away from my wife!

Reactions: 27 users
Good morning! I matched with my number two which was really a toss up with number one, so happy to say I am beyond excited. Thank you for providing support throughout this and best of luck for those that decide to keep fighting in PMV! You are unstoppable!

Also, congrats to those that matched today!

Reactions: 19 users
Matched to my number 1 site! Thank you everyone for the support!

Reactions: 19 users
Matched to my #1! My boyfriend, friends and family are very happy that i wont have to move away. Congratulations to those of you who matched!

Reactions: 18 users
Matched at my number one choice!

So proud of all of you. Incredibly grateful for this forum and you all, no matter how cheesy it sounds lol. =)

Reactions: 17 users
Woot woot! Number 1 match in effect! I'm pinching myself! Phase 2 was not all about uncertainty and heartache, after all! Ok, it was about those things too, just not allll about them...

Reactions: 16 users
Matched to my first choice!!! It was actually in my top 3 in phase I but I didn’t get an interview. It was also the only site I ranked out of the 6 options I had!!!! Back on the same coast as my family in what I’ve considered my dream city since I was in high school :) can’t stop smiling and re-reading my notification. It was worth every tear! What is meant for you, will always be meant for you...just might not be on your time! Congrats to everyone who matched! Wishing those who did not the best of luck in PMV or in the next cycle!

Reactions: 13 users
Congrats to those who matched this round!!!

To those who didn’t, I just want to put it out there that I know folks who had to reapply a second year but matched the second time (both in doc programs and medical school), and took that extra time to write their dissertations, spend time with family, accrue more practice hours, etc. By the next time the deadlines roll around in the Fall, you are ahead of the game now that you’ve already written essays (can just tweak them now), application materials, etc. and know the process compared to folks who are doing it for the first time. You also can tweak where you apply, how you interview/answers to common questions, etc. Adjusting is easier than having to start the process from scratch.

Best of luck to you folks!

Reactions: 9 users
To add to this: for anybody who didn’t match in Phase II, I know someone who had to go into PMV. She ended up at an internship site that she absolutely loved and received a *very* competitive postdoc at a big name institution in an awesome city. Don’t lose faith!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Congrats to those who matched this round!!!

To those who didn’t, I just want to put it out there that I know folks who had to reapply a second year but matched the second time (both in doc programs and medical school), and took that extra time to write their dissertations, spend time with family, accrue more practice hours, etc. By the next time the deadlines roll around in the Fall, you are ahead of the game now that you’ve already written essays (can just tweak them now), application materials, etc. and know the process compared to folks who are doing it for the first time. You also can tweak where you apply, how you interview/answers to common questions, etc. Adjusting is easier than having to start the process from scratch.

Best of luck to you folks!
This. Also, not having to scramble to defend on internship can be a huge relief and makes you more attractive to employers (I know someone who was turned down for a tenure-track faculty job this year because her advisor couldn't/wouldn't guarantee that she would be completely finished by July, for example),

Reactions: 1 user
When do we usually get our training agreement? I didn't get one yet.

Received a rejection from Denver Children’s Home today...looks like someone must’ve forgotten that match day was last week lol

Reactions: 1 users
Received a rejection from Denver Children’s Home today...looks like someone must’ve forgotten that match day was last week lol
Same! I was like bruh i already matched but thanks? Hahah

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users