Application cycle: Resume

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Niviancer

Proton Cannon
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As I prepare for this coming application cycle, I was working on my resume and noticed a few discrepancies while researching the formatting.

1) For education, abstracts, peer reviewed stuff, do you guys list it as Chronological order or most recent at the top? I have seen both, and websites supporting both.

2) For Research, some websites advocate putting a "Research" section that briefly describes your ongoing research. This section is separate than the listing of publications/abstracts. Is this a common requirement on hematology/oncology resumes? I have had several small project abstracts (chart review) that probably wouldnt even belong in this area.

Members don't see this ad.

As I prepare for this coming application cycle, I was working on my resume and noticed a few discrepancies while researching the formatting.

1) For education, abstracts, peer reviewed stuff, do you guys list it as Chronological order or most recent at the top? I have seen both, and websites supporting both.

2) For Research, some websites advocate putting a "Research" section that briefly describes your ongoing research. This section is separate than the listing of publications/abstracts. Is this a common requirement on hematology/oncology resumes? I have had several small project abstracts (chart review) that probably wouldnt even belong in this area.

Are you applying for fellowships or a job?

For a CV, I have the sections with things in reverse chronological order (my fellowship first, then residency, etc). For the research section, if you have a significant research interest or research projects you should include a paragraph or two about them. For smaller stuff like chart reviews and abstracts, you can either include a sentence about each one or just put it in the "Pubs/Abstracts/Presentations" section.

Thanks for the reply gutonc.

I am applying for fellowship, and am working on my CV only because everyone else is haha. I know ERAS kind of constructs a CV anyways. I guess this is relevant if I am to bring a CV with me on interviews and that kind of affair.

Thanks for the reply gutonc.

I am applying for fellowship, and am working on my CV only because everyone else is haha. I know ERAS kind of constructs a CV anyways. I guess this is relevant if I am to bring a CV with me on interviews and that kind of affair.

Don't waste your time constructing a CV for ERAS. Just fill out the information they ask for and don't sweat the formatting.