This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sav_b1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I submitted my secondaries very early on, and have not heard anything back with regards to interviews. I'm starting to think that my list may have been too top-heavy (MCAT 521, cGPA 3.6, sGPA 3.5), I applied to mostly top 20 schools. Do y'all think it would be worth it for me to apply to more schools in a lower range at this point in the cycle? Any suggestions on what schools I might want to target?

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What does your entire app look like? I assume you mean 3.6 and 3.5? EC's? State? Which schools did you apply to already?

Members don't see this ad :)
What does your entire app look like? I assume you mean 3.6 and 3.5? EC's? State? Which schools did you apply to already?

I would say that my extracurriculars are strong, my research experience is extremely strong, clinical experience acceptable in primaries and extremely strong by the time secondaries came around. From CA. I applied to about 30 schools—including all the UCs, a few state schools, and most of the top 20. And yes, 3.6 and 3.5 haha!

I've seen a few acceptances from late applicants up through mid-October. This is not to say that someone should apply late but if you're already verified and have everything submitted, if you have money you can spare then it's your choice. The real question is whether your initial application list was good, which is really tricky with low-ish gpa and 520+ MCAT.

Reactions: 1 users
I would say that my extracurriculars are strong, my research experience is extremely strong, clinical experience acceptable in primaries and extremely strong by the time secondaries came around. From CA. I applied to about 30 schools—including all the UCs, a few state schools, and most of the top 20. And yes, 3.6 and 3.5 haha!
What about your nonmedical community service and leadership?