Army-Baylor Class of 2019 (Sept 16 BOLC Report/Jan 17 DPT Start)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got the email too!! SO excited!!! Congrats!

I'm still a little unclear on exactly how this works though- assuming we pass everything in the military processing, does that pretty much mean we're in? Or do they narrow it down further at the selection board? In other words, is everyone that made it to this point someone they're hoping to accept as long as the military screening goes well?

Either way, I'm so excited :)

Congrats!

I'm honestly a little unclear as well. I reached out to my recruiter this morning to get more details. I know about 100 people were supposed to interview. I don't know if the interview was used to trim more people off or if pretty much everyone that interviewed will make it to the next stage and the interview is merely another part of the total application review during the board. I imagine that everyone who was selected to interview is a strong overall candidate and probably was accepted into multiple programs. I wouldn't be surprised if at least a few of those 10o folks chose to go elsewhere when all is said and done. I also know that the military processing stage will trim more people. When I was a recruiter the big things that kept people out were medical issues and criminal background. Many times there were people who had many would consider minor issues that were unable to join. Sometimes it was an old surgery or other illness that they don't think is a big deal, but it actually a deal breaker for the military. A lot of law violations can keep you out as well. A big one I saw is DUIs. It's considered a misdemeanor, but it is grouped under the "major violations" category. Traffic stuff in generally not a big deal, with the exception of "reckless ops" which is often received when someone pleads down from a DUI. I wouldn't be surprised if a good chunk of the pool is lost during this phase. I wouldn't wish this on anyone, of course, but it would honestly be beneficial to those of us who are left around by the time of the board in late February.

Members don't see this ad.

I received the email this morning as well! I believe that since I applied last year and passed made it through the processing stage, I thankfully don't have to worry about it this year. Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
I got the glorious email too! How soon do ya'll think that we'll be scheduled for military processing? :soexcited:

Members don't see this ad :)
I received the email this morning as well! I believe that since I applied last year and passed made it through the processing stage, I thankfully don't have to worry about it this year. Best of luck to everyone!

Congrats! I'm a little jealous that you might not have to do the military processing stuff. It's been many, many years but I still have nightmares about initial physical at MEPS. I think I know have cattle feel when they herded.

I got the glorious email too! How soon do ya'll think that we'll be scheduled for military processing? :soexcited:

I'm not sure. I emailed my regional recruiter first thing this morning, but I haven't heard back yet. I think we're going to get passed off to a local medical recruiter to handle most of our stuff. I'm hoping it's sooner rather than later. My goal is to have everything completely done by the end of the year. That gives time to fix anything that might go wrong.

I'm not sure. I emailed my regional recruiter first thing this morning, but I haven't heard back yet. I think we're going to get passed off to a local medical recruiter to handle most of our stuff. I'm hoping it's sooner rather than later. My goal is to have everything completely done by the end of the year. That gives time to fix anything that might go wrong.
I totally agree, I want to get it out of the way ASAP. The only thing I'm concerned about is my vision. Even though my interview person assured me that I should be fine, I can't help but worry.

My recruiter emailed me back late this afternoon. He said that they have been informed by their higher HQ of how the process is going to work exactly. He sent an email up the chain to get more info and he things he should have something by midweek.

I replied to the email they sent us and I was told that we would be contacted by someone from recruiting command for the next step. It looks like we're in a holding pattern. Hopefully we hear something by the end of the week. I'm anxious to get started.

Hello everyone! I've been following this thread for a long while and I've just now figured out how to post! :thumbup: I got the email also! Now we 'hurry up and wait'. I feel very blessed to have made it this far with it being my first year applying, but I fear being wait-listed because of my GRE score: Total 306 V 152 AW 3.5. Hopefully the rest of resume will make up for it! Best of wishes to you all!

Hello everyone! I've been following this thread for a long while and I've just now figured out how to post! :thumbup: I got the email also! Now we 'hurry up and wait'. I feel very blessed to have made it this far with it being my first year applying, but I fear being wait-listed because of my GRE score: Total 306 V 152 AW 3.5. Hopefully the rest of resume will make up for it! Best of wishes to you all!

You made it this far which is a good sign. I saw your GPA and it is very good, so that should help make up for a GRE that is slightly low. I also noticed that you went to Columbus State. If my memory serves me right that is right next to Ft. Benning. Are you prior service? If so, they definitely take that into account.

I checked in with my recruiter today and he told me that he doesn't have anything definitive yet. He's heard through the grapevine that the info has been sent to his higher HQ, but it hasn't been disseminated yet. He told me to check back with him tomorrow afternoon or Friday morning. Fingers crossed we hear something this week. :xf:

Last edited:
I checked in with my recruiter today and he told me that he doesn't have anything definitive yet. He's heard through the grapevine that the info has been sent to his higher HQ, but it hasn't been disseminated yet. He told me to check back with him tomorrow afternoon or Friday morning. Fingers crossed we hear something this week. :xf:

Thanks for the update. I'm using your posts as a generic timeline for myself. I spoke with my regional recruiter and she is just as lost as I am. I was told that I would be contacted once she hears anything.

My recruiter replied to me a couple of days ago with the AMEDD application attached! It's 51 pages long (!), for the purpose of applying for security clearance and a military physical. She also said we will need to get together any medical records documenting medical issues/surgeries/ER visits/taking medications, etc., as well as documentation related to any law violations. I might be able to email any of you guys who are interested the AMEDD application so you could at least see what it entails? (As long as there wouldn't be anything wrong with me doing this- I don't want to do anything that could have any chance of getting me in trouble, haha!)

Members don't see this ad :)
Out of curiosity, how many times have you all applied to this program? I can't decide if I should go to another school if I don't get accepted this year...

My recruiter replied to me a couple of days ago with the AMEDD application attached! It's 51 pages long (!), for the purpose of applying for security clearance and a military physical. She also said we will need to get together any medical records documenting medical issues/surgeries/ER visits/taking medications, etc., as well as documentation related to any law violations. I might be able to email any of you guys who are interested the AMEDD application so you could at least see what it entails? (As long as there wouldn't be anything wrong with me doing this- I don't want to do anything that could have any chance of getting me in trouble, haha!)

I don't think you'd get in trouble, but if you want to check with your recruiter first that's cool. I think I might have the packet from when I was going to apply last year. Hopefully my recruiter has some more info in the morning.

Out of curiosity, how many times have you all applied to this program? I can't decide if I should go to another school if I don't get accepted this year...

This is my first year. At the tour I think they said only about half of admits are first time applicants which is a little scary. If I don't get in I'm going to apply again next year, although at this point I don't think there is much else I can do to improve on my packet. I already have 2 Bachelor's degrees and with that many credits it would be hard for me to raise my cumulative GPA drastically. My GRE is already several points above the average for the past few classes (except for my AW, which I must have fallen asleep during), but I can probably bust my tail and raise it a few points. I think my essays were very solid, but I might be able to tweak them a bit. I read some of the references I received and there were pretty damn good. In retrospect, I could have done a little better on my interview, but I don't know if I could really improve on my performance next year or not. I'm not bragging, but I'm just pointing out that I basically put everything I could into this packet. I was a really good soldier and I loved being in the Army. I took a big risk getting out to prep for this program. If I don't get in I'll honestly be crushed. I want to be an Army PT and this program makes the best. I didn't even apply to any other schools. I'm also at a point in my personal life that I can't afford to take 3 years off of work to attend another program. My wife and I are starting a family so I need some type of income coming in. I'm also at an age where I have to start thinking about retirement and what not instead of sinking myself into 6 figure debt. Like I said, if I don't again I'll probably apply next year. If I don't get in then I'll have to take a serious personal inventory and figure out what's next.

This is my first year. At the tour I think they said only about half of admits are first time applicants which is a little scary. If I don't get in I'm going to apply again next year, although at this point I don't think there is much else I can do to improve on my packet. I already have 2 Bachelor's degrees and with that many credits it would be hard for me to raise my cumulative GPA drastically. My GRE is already several points above the average for the past few classes (except for my AW, which I must have fallen asleep during), but I can probably bust my tail and raise it a few points. I think my essays were very solid, but I might be able to tweak them a bit. I read some of the references I received and there were pretty damn good. In retrospect, I could have done a little better on my interview, but I don't know if I could really improve on my performance next year or not. I'm not bragging, but I'm just pointing out that I basically put everything I could into this packet. I was a really good soldier and I loved being in the Army. I took a big risk getting out to prep for this program. If I don't get in I'll honestly be crushed. I want to be an Army PT and this program makes the best. I didn't even apply to any other schools. I'm also at a point in my personal life that I can't afford to take 3 years off of work to attend another program. My wife and I are starting a family so I need some type of income coming in. I'm also at an age where I have to start thinking about retirement and what not instead of sinking myself into 6 figure debt. Like I said, if I don't again I'll probably apply next year. If I don't get in then I'll have to take a serious personal inventory and figure out what's next.

So are you thinking that they're probably going to eliminate a significant number of more people at the selection board then? :/ I was still hoping that assuming everything goes smoothly with the military processing (which I know definitely isn't a given, but I'm fairly certain there's nothing medical or legal in my past that could mess things up), we would essentially be in... I wish we could hear something definitive about how the process works.

If anyone wants a copy of the AMEDD app, just let me know! I can email it if you PM me your address.

So are you thinking that they're probably going to eliminate a significant number of more people at the selection board then? :/ I was still hoping that assuming everything goes smoothly with the military processing (which I know definitely isn't a given, but I'm fairly certain there's nothing medical or legal in my past that could mess things up), we would essentially be in... I wish we could hear something definitive about how the process works.

If anyone wants a copy of the AMEDD app, just let me know! I can email it if you PM me your address.

Hello. First time posting but read these posts for a while and am also in the process this year. If you read past years, many people did not get selected during the board and some were put on the waiting list, so this part is definitely not a guarantee to get in. It is just the next step in the process to ensure that when they select between the packages, they know everyone is qualified, should they be selected. Though I definitely think you have a statistically better chance of making it with every step along the way you pass through.

Sorry, didn't mean to scare anyone. I think my time as a recruiter made me a little cynical about the whole process. As much as I hated my time in recruiting I definitely don't like being on the other side of the table. All of this waiting is driving me nuts. I'll send you that PM ASAP, Thx!

I have been a little frustrated by the recruiting process. Has anyone else had confusion? I'm active duty now, so it should be simple, but I'm having a hard time getting any assistance.

Hello. First time posting but read these posts for a while and am also in the process this year. If you read past years, many people did not get selected during the board and some were put on the waiting list, so this part is definitely not a guarantee to get in. It is just the next step in the process to ensure that when they select between the packages, they know everyone is qualified, should they be selected. Though I definitely think you have a statistically better chance of making it with every step along the way you pass through.

You're absolutely right, just making through the military processing stage is no guarantee of admission. I wouldn't use past year's classes as a guide though. They totally changed the process this year. Everything changed when they went to PTCAS this year. In past year's the military processing stage was one of the first things you did and it was included in a "paper packet" that was submitted to the recruiter and then forwarded to the program. If anyone had a medical or legal issue that disqualified them they probably wouldn't even make it to the interview stage. They told us about 100 people would be interviewed. Unless someone totally just punted the interview I imagine they moved on. I think everyone who interviewed on here made it to the next stage. Like I said in my previous post, I may be a little cynical about this part of the process but in all reality this portion of the process will eliminate some people. There will be some people who have asthma, a surgery, or some other problem that they think is minor that is actually a no go by military standards. Other people will have some legal issue that will keep them out. And I'm almost positive that at least one person will pop hot on the drug test. I would not be surprised at all if we lose 20% of the remaining 100 during this stage. It sucks and I hope it's none of us, but I think the pool is going to the board will be a lot smaller than it is now.

I have been a little frustrated by the recruiting process. Has anyone else had confusion? I'm active duty now, so it should be simple, but I'm having a hard time getting any assistance.
Yeah, it's pretty frustrating. Are you enlisted or commissioned? I'm not sure but I think you still might need a commissioning physical if you are enlisted AD. Maybe your command will give you some time off to knock that out. That'll put you one step ahead of the rest of us.

Yeah, it's pretty frustrating. Are you enlisted or commissioned? I'm not sure but I think you still might need a commissioning physical if you are enlisted AD. Maybe your command will give you some time off to knock that out. That'll put you one step ahead of the rest of us.

I'm enlisted. I'm tracking the commission in physical and release letter, but I am having a hard time getting someone whose accountable for compiling my packet.

Okay, folks, I have some news. I just checked in with my recruiter and he gave me the latest news. The regional recruiters that many of us have been talking to throughout the process will no longer be assisting with the process. According to him we will all be contacted by our nearest healthcare recruiter early next week and they will take over the process. Honestly this is probably a good thing, as it will be much easier to deal with someone in the same general area than someone who is probably hundreds of miles a way. The Army Healthcare recruiting office is only about 2 1/2 miles from me which would work out great. I can probably pop over there on lunch break to fill stuff out or sign papers when needed. I actually might pop over there today and talk to them or at least grab a business card with an address.

Last edited:
Okay, folks, I have some news. I just checked in with my recruiter and he gave me the latest news. The regional recruiters that many of us have been talking to throughout the process will no longer be assisting with the process. According to him we will all be contacted by our nearest healthcare recruiter early next week and they will take over the process. Honestly this is probably a good thing, as it will be much easier to deal with someone in the same general area than someone who is probably hundreds of miles a way. The Army Healthcare recruiting office is only about 2 1/2 miles from me which would work out great. I can probably pop over there on lunch break to fill stuff out or sign papers when needed. I actually might pop over there today and talk to them or at least grab a business card with an address.

Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the info!
Just wish I had some more useful info to give. I doubt we hear anything this weekend so I gotta do my best to push it out of my head for a couple days. Fingers crossed for Monday. :xf:

Still in a holding pattern, but I had a thought while I was watching the news this week. I wonder if the mess in Syria and Iraq will affect people's decisions to accept a slot to the program. Who knows what's going to happen a far as our country's involvement and of course it will be years before we graduate from school and enter the "field", but it still is something to think about. I'm not trying to get political or anything, but it just happened to cross my mind recently.

I just received a bit of an update for Army folks. The local recruiters won't be helping us like I was initially told. They are splitting the applicant pool between the 5th MRB (Medical Recruiting Battalion) in San Antonio and the 2nd MRB in Alabama. I imagine people on the west side of the country will go with the 5th and people on the east side will go with the 2nd. It sounds like they are still figuring out some of the finer points, but it looks like we should know something very soon.

I got an email from the person I think will be handling my packet, but it was blank other than my name. Did anyone else receive an email this morning?

I got an email from the person I think will be handling my packet, but it was blank other than my name. Did anyone else receive an email this morning?

I received the same email. Must have been an error or something

I replied to the email first thing this morning, but no response yet. Was the email from CPT Harvey?

It looks like she is from the 5th MRB out of Texas. It's early afternoon there on a Friday, so I honestly don't think we'll hear anything today. Hopefully we get something more definitive on Monday.

I stand corrected, I just got the email with all the info we've been looking for. She didn't use BCC so I also have everyone's email addresses. Who wants some spam? :spam:

Well there were 46 recipients if I counted correctly, so presumably that tells us something...

Well there were 46 recipients if I counted correctly, so presumably that tells us something...

The recruiter I was working with previously forwarded me the info he received about the process. It said there would be 45 falling under 5th BN for processing and 55 for 2nd BN. Of the 100 people 20 would be selected and 10 would make the OML (military version of a waitlist). I'm pretty sure this doesn't include Air Force slots (usually around 2 per year, I think) and I'm not sure if it includes Navy slots.

I think that packet you sent me was the same one she sent out today. That thing is long as hell, but I'm going to try an finish it up this weekend. I might be able to have everything done by the holidays after all.

The recruiter I was working with previously forwarded me the info he received about the process. It said there would be 45 falling under 5th BN for processing and 55 for 2nd BN. Of the 100 people 20 would be selected and 10 would make the OML (military version of a waitlist). I'm pretty sure this doesn't include Air Force slots (usually around 2 per year, I think) and I'm not sure if it includes Navy slots.

I think that packet you sent me was the same one she sent out today. That thing is long as hell, but I'm going to try an finish it up this weekend. I might be able to have everything done by the holidays after all.
Thanks for the info! I'll be looking forward to receiving the actual e-mail tomorrow, hopefully.

I stand corrected, I just got the email with all the info we've been looking for. She didn't use BCC so I also have everyone's email addresses. Who wants some spam? :spam:

So did you respond to the blank email and then someone emailed you back? I still haven't heard anything back :(

So did you respond to the blank email and then someone emailed you back? I still haven't heard anything back :(

She never responded to the email I sent, but I did get another email later that day. Are you on the east or west side of the country? I don't think the eastern folks have heard anything yet. If you are in the west and still haven't heard anything I would check your spam folder. She sent the email to everyone at once (45 people). I've seen emails addressed to a ton of people get tossed in the junk/spam folder before.

I'm sure we're all roughly in the same boat. I have heard the physicals will not be done until after the board, so the paperwork will be relatively finite.

I'm sure we're all roughly in the same boat. I have heard the physicals will not be done until after the board, so the paperwork will be relatively finite.

That's correct, only the people that are selected will take the physical. They are having everyone fill out a medical prescreening form now to uncover any potential problems. The AMEDD application is pretty lengthy (about 50 pages), but it's easy to knock out over a couple of days. They are also having us fill out an authorization to conduct police checks. After we do those our recruiter is directing us to a local recruiting station where they will do Livescan fingerprinting. Besides that I think it's just more waiting.

Has anyone on the east coast received this packet? After receiving the blank e-mail a few weeks ago I have still not heard anything back.

Has anyone on the east coast received this packet? After receiving the blank e-mail a few weeks ago I have still not heard anything back.

I haven't, BUT I've been working with my local recruiter to start on paperwork.

That sucks. If it makes you feel any better I heard back a couple of weeks ago, but nothing much has happened since then. I sent back the paperwork the asked for pretty much right away, but I haven't heard anything back. Unfortunately this time of year is probably the worst possible time to get ahold of people. I would start be reaching out to the person who initially sent you the email. Then I would try the regional recruiter that you that initially fell under. After that I might try emailing the program. I know you probably don't want to bug them, but perhaps something fell through the cracks.

I think the program started what they call their "Holiday exodus" this week and I think they are all off until after the 1st of the year. Some of the individual recruiters might be working, but like many other people a good number of them are on leave during this time as well. To be honest many those who are at work aren't necessarily getting a whole lot done. People are on holiday mode this time of year. Back in my Army days we would either do an informal day on/day off schedule or half days if there wasn't a major mission going on. I loved it then, but it's not working out too great for all of us on this board. I believe the completed packet has to be completed by the 1st or so of Feb, which doesn't leave much time left. Next month will probably be a little rushed for many of us.

Last edited:
I just found out that I may be medically disqualified due to a medical issue from my prior service days. Unfortunately I won't know until after the board when I get ready to physical. I'll probably need a waiver, which can take a while to get approved/disapproved. Even if I'm selected by the admissions board I may not know if I will actually be able to until late spring. I was a logistician by trade so I'm pretty much a compulsive planner. Finding out my "fate" that late doesn't leave much time for a plan B. I'm sure it would sting, but I would honestly rather know that I am DQ'ed right now rather than hold out hope for another 5 or so months.

All applicants who have been selected for the board are on the program's radar screen. Please be patient with the recruiting process, it is in the hands of your regional recruiters and they will be working you through the process of preparing your packet for a selection board. Just follow their instructions, complete the forms they give you as best as you can, and put your best foot forward. The program's job is done thus far so if you have hangups/questions with the recruiting process, contact your recruiter or their command. It is a decentralized process so people in one region may be treated differently than others in another region.
Good luck and Merry Christmas!

Reactions: 1 users
Update: I was able to meet up with the recruiter today to get my Livescan and some other paperwork done. For the time being I think I'm back in a holding pattern. Hopefully things start moving again after the first of the year. I think our packets have to be complete by Feb so time is starting to run out.

Does anyone know any better our chances of getting in after being cleared in the physical and making it to the board?